Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Lorena
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Re: OOC - Feed

Post by Lorena »

Have fun
!!! It is not fun in being pursued by zombies. Actually I did not wanted to come either but someone has to save your arses from this zombie menace, guys ...

And now seriously speakin': Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope we enjoy together. I am getting used to this website's format.
I have to warn you that a few weeks ago I was not advised about what a rpg is. This game's rules are utter unknown for me. I do not know either how to roll the dice. I will play Heather's character like if I would be improvising in the theater stage giving her actions and personality, and I let you decide how they fit in a rule.

By the way: the system log me out pretty soon and sometimes I have no time to finish my post. Is that normal?

Lot of Love,
Lorena.
Nunca me arrepentí de lo que no dije.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Oh, thank god. Lorena's here. *whew*

No, that isn't normal for a browser to do that. You might try a different browser program, or check that your cookie files are not being deleted somehow automatically through the browser settings.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I had the option of automatically refresh the page on in my mozilla (firefox) some time ago. That resulted in unfinished posts as well. I had to disable that plugin. But in the first place I had to install it... It didn´t come with the browser.

Regarding the game system. It´s the same as at Umbria. It´s pecentage based.
To roll a die, just go to Invisible Castle and fill in the character name "Heather" and the number of rolls. "1" Then what die you roll. "1d100"
Your target to roll against when shooting at the zombies should be 55% (or something close to that)
Push the roll button.

You don´t need to sign in to use the roller.

When rolled you get a result and a list of formatted links. Click on the bottom one bbc -code: 1d100=8
It might auto copy by turning yellow - then you can paste it into your post. Or you have to mark and copy it manually.

Alternatively you write a post and declare what Heather will do and I can manage the rolling of dice.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Getting into character is really the key to roleplaying. The rules and dice are secondary, and in Call of Cthulhu they're fairly easy to learn.

I wrote step-by-step instructions for using Invisible Castle for one of my games in this link, including how to embed your rolls in links that show descriptive text in your post, but the site has had some changes since then. You can still roll dice without logging in, but you can't put anything in the Note section to describe what you're rolling in that case. You can also now enter the name of the campaign in a separate box from your character name, but I think you have to be logged in for that too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Back on track...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

OOC - feed, Cast and supporting cast - CH1

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Placeholder for older topics.
TVblog

Return to “Archives”