IC-SWORD-Taken(Rebecca/Katarina/Lara/Julie/Jake/Clyde)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-SWORD-Taken(Rebecca/Katarina/Lara/Julie/Jake/Clyde)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 9:35 AM Mountain Time - 1 mile east and 2 miles south of Scobey, Montana
In the wilderness-
Lt. Rebecca Doolittle, the former captive, crawled over to the skinheads' pickup truck, which had thankfully been left unlocked with the keys in the ignition. "Hurry, we have to get out of here!" She pulled herself to her feet, threw open the door, and slid into the driver's seat.

Katarina Iliescu reacted slowly. Before she could move, another white pickup truck rolled in from the north, the direction of the plateau. Three skinheads were inside it, two in the cab and one in the back. Too terrified to stay where she was, she bolted for the pickup that Rebecca had hijacked and leapt into the shotgun seat. I'm sorry, Lara, she thought. I'm sorry, Julie. I can't save you. I don't even know if I can save me...

"Don't let the pilot escape!" shouted the driver of the pickup truck. The man in the shotgun seat rolled down his window and lobbed a cyldindrical grenade directly into the cab of the fleeing truck through the still open door!

Rebecca couldn't flee in time, nor could Katarina. Noxious gas spewed from the grenade, filling the cab and rendering both women helpless and sobbing involuntarily. No... thought Katarina. They weren't supposed to take me alive. I have a gun, grenades. I should be able to kill myself and take them with me. It's not fair...

To make matters worse, another white pickup truck arrived from the south, this one containing four more Nazis, these armed with M16s. Jake Bell, seeing that he stood alone, raised his single arm in surrender.

The skinheads piled out of their vehicles, and the driver of the first pickup, Lt. Joshua Stuart, looked around. "Well done, Ralph," he said. "Men, give morphine to the wounded, ours and theirs. Tie up the prsioners. We'll take them back to the compound in the backs of our trucks. Search the prisoners and collect all of the weapons and ammo too. It looks like three men from this search party are still alive, just knocked out. Only this one is dead." He snarled at Jake, who stood over the bloody corpse. "You! You killed him!"

"It was a team effort," said Jake. "He's the one who threw the grenade at my truck. My son-"

"Will live, as long as you don't try anything else."

Jake complied, relieved that at least Mary, Veronica, and Caitlin were safe.

The men proceeded efficiently to carry out their leader's orders. All of the survivors of the battle except for Katarina, who had not taken so much as a scratch, were given morphine injections. Jake and Rebecca soon slid into blissful sleep, and the others had theirs deepened. The prisoners were stripped of their weapons and armor, their arms secured behind their backs with plastic cuffs (except for Jake, who only had one left). They were loaded into the trucks and driven off to the north. Soon the convoy reached the front gate of large, heavily secured compound. Katarina watched helplessly as a squad of skinheads opened the gates from the inside and let the vehicles inside, where they drove to an open square. The captives were taken into a large building on one side with a red cross on a white background painted on it.

In the infirmary-
The infirmary had a dozen hospital beds in two rows running the length of the room. Each prisoner other than Katarina was laid down on one and secured with leather straps - men on one side of the room, women on the other. A long white curtain ran between the two halves of the room. The wounded skinheads were also placed on beds, though they of course were not tied. Joshua held Katarina, who still sobbed and choked from the tear gas. "Easy there," he said. "Nobody's going to hurt you. Mike, Ralph, start with our guys, then the pilot."

Mike helped the first wounded Nazi, doing an excellent job. Ralph helped the next one with equal competence. Mike then moved down the line and herlped another skinhead, but there wasn't as much he could do for him. Meanwhile, Ralph passed through the curtain and went over to where Rebecca lay. He extracted the bullet and bandaged her leg wound, doing a decent job. She stirred groggily, blinking her eyes.

Katarina grimaced when she saw the Nazi with his hands on her leg. He wasn't doing anything improper, but it still rankled her. The effects of the tear gas were finally starting to wear off, and she looked up at Joshua with big eyes. "Please, I be good girl," she said. "Let me help my friends." She fluttered her eyelashes.

"All right," said Joshua, letting her go. "I don't think you're a threat, but we're watching you. What's your name?"

"Katarina."

"I'm Lt. Joshua Stuart. I think General Holt will be real interested to meet you. Go on, see to your friends."

Mike continued to Jake's bed and tied off his stump. He stirred, feeling much better.

Katarina went to Lara's bed before Ralph could get there, but she didn't know enough to help her. Ralph went to Julie instead, but her broken leg was beyond his skill.

Mike tried to help Clyde next, but he was unable to help.

"Let's switch," said Ralph to Katarina, trading places with her. Katarina set a splint on Julie's leg. She came slowly awake, not feeling a whole lot better. "Katarina?" she mumbled.

"I so sorry, Julie," said Katarina, sniffling. "They got us."

"No..." groaned Julie. "I can't...I can't survive this...my leg..."

"You will survive. If I survive, you can too. You stronger than me."

Ralph removed the shrapnel from Lara's leg and bandaged it, repairing most of the damage.

Lara drifted back into consciousness. She was still in pain, but it was just a dull throb now. Her eyes slid open, and she realized with terror that she was secured to a bed with leather straps. To her horror, a skinhead was looming over her, bandaging her leg. Looking from side to side, she could see that the woman she had tried to rescue and Julie were in beds to either side of her. Katarina was standing by Julie's bed, helping her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Taken(Rebecca/Katarina/Lara/Julie/Jake/Clyde)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Feeling the dirt over all her body, Lara tries to wiggle a bit to get some of it off. "I...I need washing.", she stammers. Wild-eyed, she follows the skinhead´s hands as he finishes the bandaging. "How am I to clean that?", she thinks in Russian. "Clyde?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the infirmary-
Katarina hurried over to Lara's side. "Clyde is on other side of room," she said, "past curtain." She looked up at Ralph. "Go help him." Astonishingly, he did as she told him without hesitation.

"I can't do much for this guy," Ralph said from beyond the curtain.

"Oh, Lara, I'm so sorry," said Katarina, lowering her eyes. She looked across the room to where Lt. Joshua Stuart stood. "She needs shower."

"All right," said Joshua. "The shower room is right down the hall. I'll show you where. You can untie her for now, but don't either of you try anything."

"We'll be good." Katarina undid the leather straps binding Lara's wrists and ankles.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Thank you." Lara replies shrugging away from Katarina´s touch and limps towards the shower area. The plan of getting a shower is pulling her forward.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the shower room-
Lara felt a little lightheaded as she stumbled down the hall, Katarina walking beside her and Joshua following from behind. After about twenty feet, he indicated a door to the right. "The showers are in there," he said. "I'll wait outside for you."

Katarina nodded and opened the door, leading Lara into a long room with a dozen shower stalls lining the left and right walls, six on each side. There were no curtains. Each stall had a bar of white soap, and towels hung from hooks embedded in the walls. Katarina shut the door behind them. "How are you feeling, Lara?" she asked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I feel so dirty, I can't get this off!" Lara pulls at the bandage. She is staying in the shower forever. "Just a little bit more.", she says when Katarina asks her to come out. From the shower, she ask, "Who are these folk?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the shower room-
Katarina helped Lara as best she could, temporarily removing her banadges while she showers. She took off her own clothes and washed herself off in the next stall.
Katarina Iliescu/Lara Voronova,"I know what you mean," she said in Russian. "I was covered in mud. These men are like the ones who had us before in some ways, but not in others. They haven't had their way with us yet, and they treat us okay for now. They gave you morphine for your wounds. "We can talk freely while the showers are running. The sound of the water will hide our voices. They are led by a general, and I'm to be taken to see him. I can imagine what he wants. I think...I think I must play along. Once I get close to him, I will find a way to kill him. I will die too, I'm sure, but at least then it won't hurt any more."
Katarina shut her eyes, tears leaking out from beneath her eyelids and mingling with the water.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Handy,sorry about my absence. May I have her again? If so, I think her recapture should have a pretty nasty SAN hit right about now as she contemplates going back to her old life. The old "Hope Given Then Crushed" angle. It's up to you, but I'd recommend at least a minor loss if she succeeds such as 1 / 1d8 or whatever. If she fails her check, I think she'd sob and howl and scratch her arms to deaden the pain. If she fails her check and truly comprehends, she might do something rash to spoil her beauty. It isn't the logical angle, killing the general is, but I really can't see her thinking that she'll get the chance. Thus far it looks like her luck has run out and in her desperate hopelessness, she's likely to do something stupid. I imagine she'd go back to being stoic afterwards, but right now, in a warm shower that would remind her of home ... about to return to being raped and weaponless as far as she knows? I think she could use a nervous breakdown.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laraqua,Yes, of course you can have [b]Katarina[/b] back (and your other characters too, if you want). I won't make you roll Sanity for being captured (though feel free to roleplay it how you like), but that will be called for should something horrible actually happen. [b]Katarina[/b] is remarkably resilient, considering. As for a way she could kill the general, please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Handy,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4753939/ - 64. If she can think of something, that will delay her meltdown until a point where she seems to have no clear passage forward. Also these guys thus far seem to be nice as far as Nazis are concerned, if it turns out they're of the disciplined variety rather than the Chaotic Evil towards women rapey rapey variety, she might even throw in with them. Not to the point of betrayal of anyone, just to the point of trying to improve relations. I imagine by now she will take any advantage, if she can. It's helplessness that would break her. Having a chance to win (if win means no rape for anybody) would win her over. Of course, that'd depend on whether the general wants to talk to her or -- more likely -- wants to spend the night with her. If he tries to seduce her, she will try to kill him under the assumption that the choice is Consent or Be Physically Forced. We'll see how it goes!

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Katarina Iliescu,There's another reason I'm not making you roll Sanity for being recaptured. If you had to, [b]Lara[/b] would too, and she [i]really[/i] doesn't need that at this point. It occurred to [b]Katarina[/b] that the best way to kill the general would be to make sure he was unconscious first, as she wasn't strong enough to go toe to toe and not likely to get her hands on a gun. There were probably some drugs in the infirmary that would do the trick, either as outright poison or as a sedative. Morphine could work both ways, depending on the dosage. She had no pharmacological knowledge, but she would recognize the little morphine syringes because she'd seen them used on her wounded friends. If she could manage to steal some (which would be easier if someone could create a distraction for her), she might be able to use it later. It would be tricky to inject him while still awake, so the ideal way to do so would be to wait until he was asleep and then inject him to make sure he stayed that way. Once he was sedated, she could smother him with a pillow to make sure he never woke up. If she played her cards right, she might even be able to pass off his death as natural causes, especially if the Nazis' medical training wasn't so good. They probably didn't have any forensic experts among them. The men [b]Katarina[/b] had met did seem to be a disciplined bunch. They respected [b]Lt. Joshua Stuart[/b] and obeyed his orders without hesitation. You may roll Psychology to see what else you can learn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Psychology roll,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4754098/ - 48

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You didn't learn anything further. [b]Lara[/b], you're free to roll Psychology about your captors as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara thinks about the behavior of the guards.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lara Voronova,[b]Lara[/b] could tell by the way that the guards looked at her, [b]Katarina[/b], and the other women that they wanted them, but they hadn't tried anything yet. They seemed to be a disciplined bunch who truly respected [b]Lt. Joshua Stuart[/b]. They would follow his orders eagerly and without hesitation, and not just because their ideology naturally led them to be obedient to superior officers. They were glad, even proud to serve under him. As for [b]Stuart[/b] himself, while he did find them attractive, he only had eyes for [b]Tricia Barrett[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katerina thinks long and hard for a moment. "Hmm ... I have idea. These men are same but different. They find us now, not take us before it all happen. They may want think they get happy girls, want-them-girls. Maybe they not all rapist yet, not if think they got chance. Maybe we act like we think like them? Or they win us over? Ask them, what they believe, how they save us, save country? Be all shy-seeming. Make them think ... that, well....." She takes a deep breath. "They not want us die. They need girls. Too many of them, too few girls, so can't marry. Going to need share us. But maybe we find chink in them with that. But first we need walk around a bit and be freely. Seem modest. Seem sweet. Seem easy led. Like uber-mums to be. Just want be safe. Then maybe they love us, care us, or think they do, and we kill them because they still bad people. Just we not their prisoner."

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Da, we play nice with them and then run. Maybe not kill, just hurt?" She covers herself best as she can with a blanket and says. "Now, we waits."
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, hurt dogs chase and bite. They not let helicopter go because they want, they take. They not let women go. Men need women more than helicopter. Men not ever let us go. Safe place only where there are more women." She makes a gesture to demonstrate an even or higher number of women to men. "But our army safe for little while, not for long while. We make place mad, and we go together, find place away from other." Or we die trying, was the unspoken phrase locked behind her now stern eyes.

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”