IC-OMAHA-Alone Together(Heather Anderson/Brian Stevenson)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Alone Together(Heather Anderson/Brian Stevenson)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 8:48 AM Central Time - Omaha, Nebraska
On the road-
Grumbling, Heather sat down next to where Jimmy had dropped the handcuff key he had taken from the unconscious policewoman. She clutched it with her fingers. Brian sat down beside her so that she could unlock his cuffs, and then he took the key and uncuffed her. Then they stood up again.

"So, like, now what?" Heather asked Brian.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Alone Together(Heather Anderson/Brian Stevenson

Post by Laraqua »

Brian rubs his wrists morosely. "We just ... how did it...."

He pinches his nose between thumb and forefinger.

"I'm so sick of this goddamned week. I need a minute...."

Then he looks frustrated. "But we don't got one do we?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Heather shook her head, rubbing her own wrists. "It only started yesterday," she said. "I think we should head back to the warehouse."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Brian looks plainly shocked at this news. "Only yester-" It's an impossible thought. Had it really been so damn recent?

"Sure, but why the warehouse?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Because there are plenty of drugs there," said Heather. "I need them." She looked at Brian, realizing that that wasn't likely to convince him. "Um, lots of other people need them too! Drugs are like money now. Better than money. I'll keep the meth for me and we can trade the ganja and any other stuff. Oh, and there must be guns and ammo there too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Brian looks back down the street, wondering how long it'd take to go back and whether more druggies are likely to rock up with guns.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
The streets in this neighborhood were deserted. There were some cars abandoned here, but none of them were old enough to work now that they'd been fried by EMPs. The others that had abandoned them had driven off to the west, and there'd be no easy way to catch up with them on foot. Bicycles might help, if they could find a couple. There had certainly been some back at the school, but that monster had been there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Let's check some of these houses and see what they have first," said Brian. "We're unarmed, and who knows? Maybe they'll have bicycles we can use or the meth you want. Plus I'm hungry." He heads purposefully toward one of the nearby houses, not really caring if she scampered off on her own. He already felt like he was on his own.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Well, okay," said Heather with a shrug. "We'll get there faster on bikes."" She followed Brian to the nearest house.
OOC,[b]Brian[/b], please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Luck - [dice]0[/dice]

Brian will also keep an eye out for any signs of life in the area, or zombies, or the sounds of distant car motors, or anything else of interest.

Listen -[dice]1[/dice]
Spot Hidden - [dice]2[/dice]

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Everything was eerily quiet, and the area looked completely deserted. It was so devoid of life other than the two of them that it was unsettling. It was as if they were the last two people left alive in the entire world - but of course, they couldn't be.

The nearest house was a small two-story home with an attached garage, which was closed. No lights were on, but with the EMPs having gone off, they wouldn't be unless someone lit a candle. Listening at the front door revealed no sounds coming from within the house. Heather tried the door, but it proved to be locked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Brian will see if this house, or a nearby one, had either a back gate or a small balcony as back doors and second story doors tended to be unlocked. Then again there was no one to stop him from breaking a window and that could be ... well, that could help release some frustrations. This stupid fucked up place, his time in cuffs, the fact that he has to be stuck with this woman of all women. She'd be a liability. If she ran, who cared? But he wouldn't throw her loose, even if there was a temptation to throw rocks at her (not that hard, not really, just to make a point) until she slunk off like a dog. Stupid druggies. Stupid fucking everything. But no, they'd been together awhile and besides now that he had the option to do something like that, something he used to think about (not specifically towards her, of course, but others), he found he didn't really want to do it. The idea of it made him feel bad, made his guts churn. Funnily enough those ideas were way more fun when there was no way of doing them....

So he returns his attention to the door, and then decides, y'know what, why not just break in like a thief? Smashing a window in this silence just felt wrong. The silence was a living thing now, like a God, and to break it would be to risk the God's displeasure. Gawd, what was he thinking? Everything was so messed up. Maybe some liquor might be in this house. Hell, he'd kill for some fucking chocolate.

Might not be a bad idea to grab some condoms from the bedside cabinet, too, just in case. I mean, not with Heather, oh no, she'd try and make it a bargaining thing. Or more likely she'd laugh in his face. Cow. He wasn't good looking but he at least had some muscle, and surely that meant more in this day and age then a goddamn pretty face? But then, he didn't really want to do anything with Heather. He just liked the idea that he had the opportunity. She probably figured the same. Who didn't like to feel they could bang who they liked if they had the chance?

Phrase like that made him think of that gang, and some of the ways they would've taken that line. Made the whole idea a bit sickening, really. Was it so hard to ask first? Too many goddamn thoughts. They buzzed in his ears.

"You got any hair pins or somethin'?" asked Brian. "I'd rather not smash in a window. Hey, actually..." Why was he focusing on one house anyway? "Let's just go down the street trying doors. One of them's bound to be unlocked. Hell, maybe even standing open. People had to have fled and stuff, right? Keep your eyes open for crashed cars, too, from when it happened. Could get some tools out of it, too."

Are there many bodies around?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Yeah, I've got a hairpin," said Heather, "but we can check out other houses if you want. It'll just take longer. Do we have that kind of time? What if that worm thing comes looking for us?"

There were various bodies lying scattered throughout the neighborhood, many of them with visible injuries - bite marks, evidence of bludgeoning, as well as some stab and gunshot wounds. They were probably lying where they fell when the EMP first went off, except for those that had been put down before that.
OOC,If you want to try to pick the lock, please roll Locksmith.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”