IC-SWORD-Victory(Catherine/Gary/Larry/Tricia)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-SWORD-Victory(Catherine/Gary/Larry/Tricia)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 9:28 AM Mountain Time - 1 mile east and 2 miles south of Scobey, Montana
On the plateau-
Airman Gary SImpson/Sergeant Larry Dauterive,"Sergeant, once you get down, start heading due south and maintain radio silence," came the major's voice over the radio.
Airman Gary Simpson raised his hands. "I'm on your side!" he shouted. "I'm the one who shot the sniper!"

Lt. Joshua Stuart climbed out of the truck. "You must be the one Sergeant Dauterive told us about," he said. "Well done!"

"Those women overheard him talking to you and he was arrested. He's in the chopper now. So's the pilot, but the co-pilot got away with a couple of the others and went over the side, heading due south."

Joshua waved to two of the pickup trucks that had ascended the plateau and pointed off to the south. They turned around and headed down the narrow trail. "I saw one of them as we were coming up. They won't get far."

"The major and the two civilian girls left with a couple of locals in a pickup truck to find another civilian girl, Lara Voronova. They think she may have intel on who back on base supports us. I also had to shoot Airman Catherine Rourke, who'd been fixing the chopper, when she tried to sneak up on me, but she may still be alive. I'd like to try to save her."

"Go."

Tricia emerged from the pickup, and the men in the back climbed out too. Gary hurried around the helicopter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-SWORD-Victory(Catherine/Gary/Larry/Tricia)

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
Gary disarmed Catherine and tied off a tourniquet around her stump, but his efforts to help her only made it worse. "Well, at least she's still alive," he said, dragging her back by the legs.

"You two go free Dauterive and tie up the pilot," Joshua directed his men. They went inside the helicopter, removed the cuffs from Larry Dauterive, and used them to secure the pilot. "Thanks, fellas," said Larry, standing up and rubbing his wrists.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Let me go see what I can do for Rourke," said Larry, hurrying around to the other side of the chopper while Joshua and his people set up a defensive perimeter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
Gunshots erupted somewhere to the south. "Mike, Ralph, with me!" called Joshua. He and his two buddies jumped into his pickup truck, and he started the engine.

Behind the helicopter, Larry patched up Catherine and did as well as he could outside of a hospital. Her eyes fluttered open. "You're going to be all right, Rourke," he said.

"My arm..." she moaned.

"I'm sorry about that, but you shouldn't have tangled with Simpson."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
Catherine was too numb to process losing her arm. "You betrayed us," she said.

"No, our leaders betrayed all of us," said Larry. "These people are our only hope for survival." He tried to repair the botched job Gary had done, but he only made it worse.

"Yow! Get away from me!"

Tricia watched, worried, as Joshua drove down the slope to the base of the plateau.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"I'm sorry," said Larry, undoing the damage he had just caused. "You're going to be all right."

"All right?!" snarled Catherine. "I lost my arm, and I've been taken prisoner! If I had both arms, I'd kill you!"

"You don't have to be a prisoner. You could join us."

"Are you nuts?! You've killed my friends!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"If you do as you're told, you'll be treated well," said Larry. "If not...Now, we need you to finish repairing our helicopter."

"I'd tell you to get bent," spat Catherine, "but you already are! I'll never help you, no matter what you do to me!"

"What about your friends?"

"You won't harm the captain. You need him to fly the chopper."

"We'll soon have the rest of them. Come on." He dragged her back around to the front of the helicopter. "Simpson, talk some sense into her."

Gary Simpson managed to undo the damage he had caused, "Come on, Catherine," he said. "We need that bird flying."

"I couldn't help you even if I wanted to," she said, "not with one arm - which is your fault!"

"Great news!" called one of the skinheads sitting in a pickup truck, listening to the CB. "Lt. Stuart caught the co-pilot, and a bunch of others besides! That includes some very attractive lady civilians."

"There, you see?" said Larry. "Now we have prisoners to spare. Care to reconsider?"

"Fix your own damn bird!" she snapped. "You wanted me to finish, you should have let us be. Or better yet not sabotaged it in the first place!"

"Look, I'll make you a deal. You fix the helicopter, and I'll let you go."

"And me with one arm? That's a death sentence out here!"

"I'll give you a vehicle, some rations, a pistol and ammo, enough to get back to Warren Air Force Base. I don't care what you tell them. I ain't comin' back anyway."

Catherine hesitated. "I want your word those prisoners won't be harmed."

"You've got it."

"Fine. Untie me and I'll get to work. But it'll take me longer with just one arm."

"That's okay. We got plenty of time." He set her free and let her go back to work.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”