IC-OMAHA-Survival(Bill/Megan/John/Brian/Jimmy/Cops/etc.)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Survival(Bill/Megan/John/Brian/Jimmy/Cops/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 8:37 AM Central Time - Omaha, Nebraska
On the road-
William Christian Nadelmann had arrived in Omaha early yesterday morning, shortly before the National Guard had cordoned off the city, thus trapping him inside. Some sort of disease had broken out, and those infected were attacking people and trying to eat them, according to the early reports. He had been forced to take shelter in a local police station, which had then been besieged by a mob of the infected. He had been up on the roof late yesterday afternoon when the building had been breached and the survivors had barricaded themselves there. Just when the door giving access from the building had been about to give way, the attack inexplicably stopped. All of the infected in the streets had simply collapsed, like puppets whose strings had been cut. At the same instant, all electric lights that they could see went out, and all electronic devices had ceased to function. It was believed (and later confirmed) that this was all due to an electromagnetic pulse device designed by a group of scientists at nearby Brooks High School. They had also discovered that the "infected" were actually reanimated corpses, which, if the scientists were to be believed, had been activated by extraterrestrials.

Early this morning, Bill had set out with one of the police officers, Officer Scott Rundle, to search for survivors and scavenge for supplies. A series of strange though mild tremors had struck while they were on their expedition. Now they were returning to the police station. As they approached from the west, it quickly became apparent that something was wrong. The building was gone, and in its place was a heap of rubble! Two vehicles were stopped on the road in front of the ruins.
OOC,[b]Bill[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Survival(William Christian Nadelmann only)

Post by MC Lovecraft »

"Oh dear God..." William whispers in a cracked voice as he walks slowly towards the rubble.

William sees something.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
William saw even from this range that one of the vehicles was a classic red Mustang, and the other was an old green Volkswagen minibus. He hadn't found any cars that had worked since the EMP had gone off yesterday. One of the cops had mentioned that all modern cars had electronic ignitions that would have been fried by the pulse, but anything from before around 1982 might still work. The Mustang was in the road alongside the minibus, which was parked in front of the remains of the police station. A man in the driver's seat of the Mustang was speaking to a woman driving the bus, and a disheveled policewoman sat in the car's shotgun seat - she didn't appear to be moving. There were also a few civilians in the back seat. The minibus was packed full of people, a mix of cops and civilians, several of whom looked injured. Just then, the driver of the minibus opened her door and got out of the vehicle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Re: IC-OMAHA-Survival(Bill/Megan/John/Brian/Jimmy/Cops/etc.)

Post by MC Lovecraft »

William shoulders his rifle, raises his hands, and continues walking slowly towards the cars. Once he gets within ten feet of the bus or when someone noticed him approaching, he says, in the calmest voice that he can muster, "Hello there. Do you guys have any idea what in the Hell happened to the Police Station?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-Survival(Bill/Megan/John/Brian/Jimmy/Cops/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"It was like this when we arrived," said a woman in the back seat of the Mustang. "I'm Megan Petrovich. The only one of us who would know is the policewoman we pulled out of the rubble, and she's unconscious. I tried to revive her, but she won't wake up. But I suspect it's similar to what happened at the school. There's this...creature that burrowed in from underground. It's enormous, and it wrecked the place."

"Yeah, and it's chasing us!" said the teenage girl next to her.

"Erica, please!" called a policewoman from the minibus. "You've got to fight it!"

The woman who had gotten out of the minibus was starting to slowly walk to the east. "I'm trying, Kate!" she said through gritted teeth. She clenched her eyes shut and concentrated hard, thinking of all of the things that made life worth living. Then she managed to break free of whatever was restraining her and scrambled into the driver's seat of the minibus, slamming the door behind her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

"What...what was that?" William ask Megan. His hand lowers to clutch his holstered revolver. "What's wrong with that woman...Erica right?"
OOC,[b]William[/b] makes a psychology roll to make sure [b]Megan[/b] isn't lying, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511829/]but fails[/url].
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Yeah, Erica," said Megan. "I'm not sure, but I think that creature affected her somehow. Look, you'd better get in before that thing gets here. The minibus is packed too full, and while the Mustang is full, I think we could squeeze you into the back." She seemed sincere to William, and genuinely frightened.

"I'll never fit," said Officer Rundle. He looked at his round belly, then at William. "Too many donuts. You should get out of here anyway. I'll manage on my own."
OOC,That roll actually succeeded as you have 46% in Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

Mr. Handy,I actually failed that psychology role. You gave me a secret penalty: "[color=#0000FF]The following secrets are for William Christian Nadelmann:[/color] Bill's years of isolation have hampered his social skills. All social skills (Bargain, Credit Rating, Fast Talk, Persuade, and Psychology) are at -5 when meeting someone for the first time, though no skill will be effectively reduced below 1.
"Thanks a lot for the offer, but where are you guys going?" William asked Megan. "I'm looking for my daughter Rose Nadelmann, she goes to Brooks High School."
OOC,William makes a persuade role against Officer Rundle to convince him there is space, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4514334/]but fails[/url].
William turns to Officer Rundle. "C'mon Rundle, you're not that big, I'm sure you can squeeze in." William said. "Plus it's Hell on Earth out there, you've seen it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"We're heading to Warren Air Foce Base, near Cheyenne, Wyoming, Mr. Nadelmann," said Megan. "Most of the students and faculty already left for there in a school bus this morning, but your daughter wasn't on board. I know Rose; I'm her social studies teacher. But she never showed up at school yesterday. Most students didn't. School was canceled due to the state of emergency, but some people didn't hear about it and came anyway. Then we got stuck there."

"We won't both fit," said Rundle. "Maybe I could squeeze in if you weren't there, but I won't hear of it. I'm not leaving you behind."
OOC,Thank you, good catch! You're right, I'd forgotten about that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

William's stony expression melts and a tear rolls down his cheek as he grabs Megan in a bear hug. "Oh thank God, she's safe. Thank you." He then turns to Rundle. "Rundle man, I'm sorry. I've got to find my daughter."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Officer Rundle nodded. "If you're not getting in the car," he said, "I'll stay with you and help you find your daughter."

"I don't know she's safe," said Megan, a little uncomfortable at William's embrace, "only that she wasn't at school. We really can't stay here; that thing will catch up to us before much longer."

William knew that Rose and her aunt lived about half a mile from here - back in the direction from which the vehicles had come, to the east.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

"Where my daughter is staying is only about half a mile east." William says, biting his lip in thought. "If you guys could me a lift there I'd be in your debt."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"But that thing is back that way!" protested the teenage girl. "It's chasing us!"
OOC,I was hoping that Syrinx would post for [b]Jimmy[/b], who's driving the car, but he hasn't returned yet. [b]William[/b], please roll Persuade, remembering the adjustment. If Syrinx does return before I update, [b]Jimmy[/b] may act freely and disregard the result of the roll if he wishes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy draws on his cigarette and looks at William "Daughter, huh? We can't leave a girl all lonesome, can we?" "Let's try to go around that thing...." Jimmy plans to drive a four block turn to get somewhere near where Wiliam's daughter is at.
"Can we go a couple of blocks that way?" Not waiting for a reply, wanting to get some headway from the threat, he smiles at his passengers. "Chill guys, we'll be just fine."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Erica, go!" shouted Megan. "Drive the minibus out of town a couple of miles down I-80. We'll catch up with you. This Mustang's a lot faster than that old clunker."

"Okay, we'll find a place to stop and wait for you!" Erica called back. "Good luck!" She sped off down the street to the west.

William squeezed into the back seat of the Mustang with the others, and he noticed that Brian and Heather had their hands cuffed behind their backs. Megan sat beyond them, on the opposite side of the car. Jimmy was in the driver's seat, and the unconscious policewoman rode in the shotgun seat. Jimmy pulled out and drove a couple of blocks to the south before heading east and then back north, following William's directions. Soon they arrived outside a two-story house that he indicated was the one.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%. [b]William[/b], please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Where's she?" Kowalski asks checking for signs of life.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]William[/b]'s player seems to have disappeared. [b]Jimmy[/b], you can roll Luck instead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

After having had a string of bad luck, Jimmy finally has some luck. Not like getting lucky with a woman or a hit... just lucky in the everyday sense. And he has his eyes with him.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
The front door and ground floor windows were all boarded up, but the upstairs windows were not. A woman and a teenage girl waved from one of them.

"Rose, I'm here!" William called up to the window as he emerged from the car, beaming from ear to ear. "Thanks for the ride, man," he said to Jimmy. "I think the three of us can handle it from here. We'll never all fit in your car, and I'm not going anywhere without them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"No we can't leave the girls here, better we exit and hold up here till everyone are ok to travel." He pulls out the keys. "Then, later, we can see who wants to stay and who wants to continue to the base."
Jimmy looks at the others in turn.
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”