Page 1 of 1

IC-SWORD-Wasteland(Everyone else)

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:40 am
by Mr. Handy
In Flaxville-
Jake, Clyde, and Julie also emerged from the truck. The front door opened to reveal a blond-haired young man who was very attractive.

"Hey, Sven!" called Jake. "Can you call Lara and Caitlin out front? There's some folks who'd like to see her."

"It's okay!" Sven shouted down the hall. "It's Clyde and his dad, and they've brought back a military officer and two very beuatiful women!"

"Thank you," said Julie, blushing. She raised her voice. "Lara, it's me, Julie! I'm here with Katarina!"

On the main floor-
Lara and Caitlin could hear Sven and the people out front calling for her. She recognized the voice of Julie, the park ranger who had helped try to rescue her.

Re: IC-SWORD-Wasteland(Everyone else)

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:38 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Letting her guard down, and letting a smile show on her lips, Lara rushes out the doors. "Katarina, you live!! And... Julie... find me? Kak?" She stops, looks around and sees the military. Not giving her good mood up. "Hello." , she says as she hugs Katarina bringing up her 9mm to aim at the man. "kto?"

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
In Flaxville-
Caitlin and Sven emerged from the warehouse behind Lara.

"Lara, no!" cried Julie when she saw the gun come up. "He's a friend!"

Major Harris raised his hands to show he meant no harm. "Ms. Voronova, I came here on a mission to rescue you," he said. "I'm Major Nelson Harris of the United States Air Force."

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
She pulls down her gun and relaxes, Lara offers a smile. "Major, how are we getting out of here? Are you alone? Have you seen the skins over at the compound? Da, the helicoptri, is that yours?"

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy
In Flaxvile-
Major Harris relaxed and grinned back, visibly relieved. "Yes, ma'am," he said. "We came in the helicopter. The rest of my team and the pilots are back where we landed, on the plateau. We had a rough landing and there was some engine damage, but it should be repaired in an hour or so and we'll be able to take off then. We have seen the skinheads at the compound. We're keeping an eye on the place. Speaking of skinheads, how did you get away from the two who had kidnapped you, Nitro and Deadeye? What happened to them?"
OOC,Everyone may roll Psychology. The base skill is 5%.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"The hotel...motel, was ambushed by zomboies." She looks away. "I got away..." Still not really trusting the military, she takes his words for real. "Poydem?"

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 am
by Mr. Handy
In Flaxville-
"I don't know what 'poydem' means, ma'am," said the major, "but I'm glad you escaped. Did you see what happened to your former captors? Are they dead, or could they still be out there?"

Katarina watched the major carefully. He paused as if listening to something.
Katarina Iliescu,[b]Katarina[/b] got the impression that [b]Major Harris[/b] was hoping the two skinheads were still alive so that he could get information out of them, and he was hoping [b]Lara[/b] knew something too, though he didn't seem to completely trust her.
Major Nelson Harris,"Sir, this is [b]Sergeant Valdez[/b]," said [b]Jessica[/b] over the airwaves. "[b]Airman Osbourne[/b] has spotted the skinheads' leader out in the open, in the compound's main square. It looks like they're all assembled there and he's giving a big speech. He's confident that he can take out their leader, but this is a limited time opportunity. He might not get another shot once the speech is over, and they could be getting ready to attack us. Should he fire or not, sir?"
"Hold on, Sergeant," replied Major Harris into his throat mike. "I'm going to need to give this careful consideration."

"What was that about?" asked Julie.

"That was Sergeant Valdez. She just told me that the skinheads' leader is giving a big speech to them in the compound's main square. Our sniper's got him in his sights and is asking for permission to take the shot."

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:54 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"I say, we leaving?" She looks at Harris. "No - not.. out there... not like men...."

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
In Flaxville-
"Yes, ma'am, we're leaving now," said Major Nelson Harris, climbing into the back of the truck. "Please, get in Mr. Bell's pickup, Ms. Voronova. With those two skinheads infected, you may be the only one with the information that can help us stop their friends. The sooner we get moving, the better. The rest of you can follow us."

"Tell them to kill the skinhead leader!" Katarina told the major.

"I'm thinking about it, ma'am, but if we do that, it will start a war."

"Good! Kill all of them!"

The major paused as something came in on his radio.
Major Nelson Harris,"Sir, the speech their leader is giving is coming to a close," [b]Jessica[/b] reported into the major's radio. "If we don't do it now, we never will. We need a decision fast."
"All right, Sergeant," replied Major Harris. "Tell Airman Osbourne to take the shot."

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 am
by Dave Syrinx
Lara walks over to the pick up and climbs in on the passenger side. "Da, let's move."

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 am
by Mr. Handy
In Flaxville-
"The rest of you are welcome to come to Warren Air Force Base," called Major Harris to the Bell family, "but there won't be room in the helicopter. Follow us, at least for some distance. Depending on circumstances, we may have to go overland."

Katarina climbed into the back of the pickup truck, and Clyde pulled out.

Veronica got behind the wheel of the other pickup truck, her mother-in-law joining her in the cab. Sven and Caitlin got into the car. The vehicles all headed south down the road.

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:50 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Wats in base?" Lara asks. She determinately won't be put in any camp.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:29 am
by Laraqua
Katarina grins in the truck at the thought of the sniper taking the shot. When things go to hell, which they were going to anyway, and the others are swarmed and killed, at least more skinheads would die and ... equally importantly ... their group will be some distance away when it happens.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:50 am
by Dave Syrinx
"Military? What's there? Work? Slins?" Lara is getting more and more uncertain that this is the right way to go. Another farm might be a better option.

"Maybe, we can go to new farm instead?"

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
"The base is perfectly safe, ma'am," Major Harris assured her. "There are thousands of us there, holding out just fine against the hordes. It's like a city, really - a safe one. We have runways and aircraft, a hospital, and plenty of housing for everyone to live in. There will be plenty of work available for everyone to help out, and we can match you with a position to fit your skill set. I'm sorry, I don't know what 'slins' are. And we have enough food and water for all of us, as well as medical supplies. It's much better than any farm."

After the vehicles had gone about a mile down the road, the major heard something on his radio.
Major Nelson Harris,"Sir, [b]Osbourne[/b] missed his first shot. An enemy sniper opened up on him, but [b]Osbourne[/b] plugged him. The enemy are starting to move out. I think they'll be coming our way."
"Roger that, Sergeant," replied the major. "Keep me informed."

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 am
by Dave Syrinx
".... Da, skins I was meaning skins.. They are coming now?"
Lara slumps back and checks her pockets.

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Lara felt the comforting weight of her pistol and the bullets in her pockets.

"She means skinheads," explained Julie.

"They don't know where we are right now," said the major. "They'll be going after the helicopter." Then he perked up.
Major Nelson Harris,"Simpson just murdered Osbourne!" shouted [b]Lt. Rebecca Doolittle[/b] over the radio.
"Stop the truck!" yelled Major Harris.

Clyde slammed on the brakes and the truck screeched to a halt. Behind them, the other pickup truck did likewise. "What is it?"

"One of our men back at the helicopter has apparently turned traitor, and he picked a fine time for it too. He took out our sniper, which means the way is wide open for the Aryan Brotherhood to advance to the plateau. We can't go back there."

"Maybe we can help."

"No, we'll never get there in time, there's too many of them, and we'd only be putting the women in danger. We'd better keep going south and go overland to the base. I'm afraid the helicopter - and my team - is a loss."

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:30 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Da, move away from skins. Good." Lara looks at the others in the truck. "Overland then!" She grabs the handle above the side window and holds on.

"Sorry of your men, major."

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Clyde started driving, leading the group south.

"Thank you, ma'am," said Major Harris. "They're not just men. Women too." He spoke into his radio. "Abandon your position! Forget the bird, just save yourselves!"
Major Nelson Harris,"It's too late! They're coming!" shouted [b]Sergeant Jessica Valdez[/b]. "Sir, we're trapped! It's all over."
"I'm sorry, Sergeant," replied the major. "I made the wrong call."
Major Nelson Harris,"No, sir, they were going to do this anyway. At least you and the civvies got out."

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:12 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Lara looks out at the landscape flying past as they head south. "Da, womens too. No difference."
She keeps her gun in her left hand while holding on to a handle with her right.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
"But there is a difference," said Julie, lowering her head and trying not to cry. "If these guys are anything like the bunch we ran across before...those women are in for a worse time. Isn't there something we can do for them?"

"Maybe they'll get away," said the major. "That's the only chance they have."

"But they're on foot. Can't we pick them up?"

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 am
by Dave Syrinx
Thinking of when she was abandoned herself, with the skins Lara points the gun at the major. "Da, we do something. Go back!" Some kind of guilt comes over Lara remembering being stuck in that barn.

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
Since Lara was in the shotgun seat and the major was in the bed of the pickup truck, she either had to lean out the window to aim at him or point the pistol at him through the cab's rear windshield. "Ma'am, please put the gun down," said the major, raising his hands. "You don't need that to get me to try to pick up my own people." He spoke into his radio. "Sergeant, once you get down, start heading due south and maintain radio silence."

Clyde stopped the pickup truck, and other vehicles stopped behind it. "The chopper's position is under attack," he said into the CB radio to let the rest of his family know. "We're going to swing around south of it to pick up anyone who might get away. The rest of you wait here." He swung west and headed off-road in the direction of the plateau.
OOC,[b]Caitlin[/b], [b]Sven[/b], [b]Mary[/b], and [b]Veronica[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Waiting

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:19 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Good. Good..." Lara leans back repeating the words as a mantra. The handgun resting in the palm of her hand on her lap. Stress and anxiety had left her lost for words - letting the gun do the talking. She might have to wind down to get through this.

"Good."

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
The journey continued in silence for a couple of minutes.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. [b]Lara[/b], please roll Luck.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:13 am
by Laraqua
Katarina goes paler still and says in a small voice, "Why is it only the good people die? I wish I wasn't weak..."

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:48 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
"You're not weak," said Julie. "You killed Mutt with that grenade, remember? That also proves that it's not only the good people who die. Bad guys can die too."
OOC,Welcome back! I still need that Spot Hidden roll, and you might as well roll Luck too, since [b]Lara[/b] hasn't done it yet.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:21 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Lara is oblivious to all things around here. Talk about the skins makes her skin crawl. She scratches her arm and looks out the window.
Spoiler:
1d100=65 no luck today

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:41 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Welcome back! Was that your Luck roll, then? I still need a Spot Hidden roll from you too.

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Looking out the window, she´s not really seeing anything but her own reflection in the glass.
Lara remembers the motel and what had happened there. "They gone now, for sure..."

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
Katarina gasped and pointed into the distance ahead. "I see them!" she cried. "Four skinheads, and they just captured two people! A short black man and a tall woman."

"Oh no!" said Julie. "We have to save them! We can't just let them..."

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
Katarina gasped and pointed into the distance ahead. "I see them!" she cried. "Four skinheads with a white pickup truck, and they just captured two people! A short black man and a tall woman."

"Oh no!" said Julie. "We have to save them! We can't just let them..."

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:55 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"So? Follow them now!" Lara looks at Clyde. "Go, now, yes?"

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
"I'm on it," said Clyde, turning in the direction Katarina had indicated and gunning the accelerator.

"No, it's too risky," said Major Harris. "I can't chance anything happening to you. We've got to turn back."

"Like hell I will!" Clyde ground the gas pedal into the floor of the cab.

The major reached towards his pistol, but Jake patted the rifle he held. "Don't even think about it," he said.

The truck zoomed through the wilderness, and soon the four skinheads, their two captives, and their own pickup truck were visible to all. Two of them were searching the prisoners, the one with the black man roughing him up, and the one with the woman fondling her. Julie cringed with disgust. Then one of the skinheads turned towards the approaching truck and started to raise his AK-47.
OOC,[b]Clyde Bell[/b] is the one driving. If you want to shoot, you can get one shot off before he fires. You are at normal range. All shots are at half skill because the truck is moving and bouncing around.

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:28 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Noo!" Lara shouts as she fires at the moving car. The bullet is off by a fraction. She keeps on hitting the trigger hoping for her next shot to hit home. She was certain she had the shot, but due to the bumps of the car she missed.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:50 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
Katarina fired a wild shot. Julie reacted quickly, just a hair faster than her target. Firing through the windshield, she drilled him with her pistol, causing massive damage and hitting him right in the heart. He collapsed to the ground, his finger locked around the trigger and sending a stream of automatic fire off into the trees.

A burst spat out from somewhere in the brush, narrowly missing another skinhead who was standing near their pickup truck. Jake squeezed off a shot at the same man, but he missed badly.
OOC,The skinheads are on foot and in the open. It's the vehicle you're in that's moving. [b]Lara[/b] and [b]Katarina[/b], you may each fire another shot if you like, under the same conditions as before. Two of them are very close to their captives, and a missed shot at them will require a Luck roll to avoid hitting their prisoners. The one near their truck is by himself, so you can shoot at him without any worries.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:40 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Lara aims at the closest skin, hitting dirt. "Stop the car! I not hit!"

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
The female captive suddenly whirled and decked her captor, socking him hard in the gut! Then the major quickly drew his pistol before Clyde could react and fired at the skinhead near the truck, missing him by inches. Then Clyde tried to run the man down, but he leapt out of the way of the truck. At this point he was very close, and Katarina turned as he went by, pointed her pistol right at the Nazi, and squeezed the trigger. The gun jammed. "Nonononono..." she sobbed. Before anyone else could act, Julie also took a shot at the man, this time missing. The black man swung at his captor, but the man ducked.
OOC,We're now at the top of a new combat round. [b]Lara[/b], you get one shot before the enemies get to act. The truck is still moving, but the range is point blank now, so the bonus and penalty cancel each other out in this case. The man who was almost hit by the truck is by himself, so there is no risk for firing at him if you miss. However, the other two are very close to their prisoners. A missed shot at either of them will require a Luck roll to avoid hitting their captives.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:01 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Astounded but determined to get the target right, Lara sends off the third bullet. It slams into the right thigh. The Ruger packed quite a punch. "Try running, now, skin..." She turns her attention to the the remaining two. "You next!" Lara waves the Ruger in their direction.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:23 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
The major snapped off another shot at the wounded skinhead, but that missed too. However, Julie put a bullet in him, crippling his arm and dropping him. That only left two of them.

Another shot zipped by from the woods and struck the black man, shattering his right leg and leaving him bleeding out on the ground before he had a chance to move. "NOOOO!!!" came a woman's scream from the brush from which the muzzle had flashed.

His captor blinked in surprise, which redoubled when Jake shot him in the left arm. Down he went.
OOC,[b]Lara[/b], it is now your turn to fire a shot if you wish. The same rules as before apply. Only one Nazi is still standing, the one guarding the woman. If you miss him, you must roll Luck to avoid hitting her.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:30 am
by Dave Syrinx
Lara fires her fourth shot. It feels off... Really off! The second leg shot for today... "Next won´t miss, mister!"
Lara feels sorry for the woman, but the upside is that she wasn´t going for a head-shot.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
The woman tried to get out of the line of fire, but she was a fraction too slow. She screamed in pain as the bullet struck her left leg, and she dropped prone. Major Harris finally connected, creasing her captor's right leg. Clyde stepped on the brakes and brought his truck to a halt.

Katarina methodically began to clear her jammed pistol, and she would soon be finished. Julie shot this skinhead too, this time in the head.

Yet he did not go down. In desperation, he whipped out a grenade, pulled the pin with his teeth, and lobbed the deadly pineapple into the bed of the pickup truck! With lightning fast reflexes, Katarina leapt from the truck and rolled underneath it! Clyde, however, was too slow to react.

BOOM!!! The grenade detonated, shredding the major to bits and blowing one of his legs clean off! His body shielded Jake from the worst of the blast, but he was still grievously wounded and left on the razor-thin edge of consciousness, his right arm severed. Sharpnel penetrated the cab too, which absorbed some of the impact. Clyde's left leg was perforated, and he passed out. Julie's left leg was broken, and the pain was far too intense. She was instantly knocked out. Lara also had her left leg peppered with fragments.

The truck itself was about half destroyed, and the blast caused it to skid a few feet.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Sanity for seeing the major killed. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, please roll Idea. If you succeed at that, you go temporarily insane. [b]Jake[/b] also needs to roll Sanity for losing his arm, which is 0/1d10. I'll roll for him. Also, everyone, please roll Listen. If you are wearing a Kevlar helmet, this roll has a -5 penalty. [b]Lara[/b], please roll CON x 5 as well to see if you remain conscious. If you stay conscious and do not go insane, you may fire one shot before anyone else goes. This time the truck is no longer moving, but you are still point blank, so you only miss on a Malfunction in this case. Nobody else gets a Dodge, as the rest of you attacked this round.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:55 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Lara watches body parts fly and her mind goes blank. That´s when the pain in her leg sends her into blissful darkness. And a smell of hay...
Spoiler:
5 points deduction to SAN, awaiting an interesting wake-up.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the wilderness-
The woman on the ground screamed in horror when the grenade went off, and it was nearly enough to break her. Then something caught her attention. "We've got more company!" she called. "Two vehicles are coming, one from the north and one from the south!" She tried to strike at the Nazi's legs, but she was too weakened by her wound.

Clyde maintained his presence of mind as everything went black.

Katarina lay in the mud beneath the blasted pickup truck, whimpering in fear as she worked furiously on clearing her jammed weapon. I won't be helpless any more, she thought desperately. I won't let them find me. I won't let them take me. She wasn't even thinking about the major's death, or of her own narrow escape. She wasn't well hidden, so she could only hope for the best. Finally, she unjammed her pistol and chambered the next round.She could hear the two vehicles coming and even feel the vibrations.

Julie felt strangely at peace as she passed out.

The last skinhead standing, horribly wounded and freaking out badly, unslung his AK-47 and blazed away at the brush before whoever was shooting at him could roll away. His target was riddled with bullets and ripped to pieces! He was hardened and did not feel too bad about it.

Jake was unable to use his rifle with only one arm. Having a man he knew explode next to him and shower him with blood was quite traumatic, but not nearly enough to send him over the edge. Compared to that, the loss of his arm didn't even register. He vaulted out of the bed of the pickup truck, charged the last enemy, curled up his one remaining fist and smashed his brains to pulp! The man fell dead, Jake felt not even a twinge of remorse.

The black prisoner finished dying.
Lara Voronova,[b]Lara[/b], your temporary insanity (when you wake up) is [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4735338/]compulsive rituals[/url]. For the next fifty game hours, you never feel clean no matter what, and you must keep washing yourself when possible. You've also just lost at least 20% of your remaining Sanity, so that means you get another indefinite insanity, which will kick in after the temporary insanity wears off.
OOC,[b]Katarina[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the prisoner killed. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, and if you lose 5 or more, you must roll Idea. If you succeed, you go temporarily insane. If you do not go insane, you may act freely. I'll wait for a little to see if [b]Katarina[/b]'s player returns and posts for her before processing what happens next.

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:36 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Taken