IC-SWORD-Wasteland(Everyone else)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-SWORD-Wasteland(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxville-
Jake, Clyde, and Julie also emerged from the truck. The front door opened to reveal a blond-haired young man who was very attractive.

"Hey, Sven!" called Jake. "Can you call Lara and Caitlin out front? There's some folks who'd like to see her."

"It's okay!" Sven shouted down the hall. "It's Clyde and his dad, and they've brought back a military officer and two very beuatiful women!"

"Thank you," said Julie, blushing. She raised her voice. "Lara, it's me, Julie! I'm here with Katarina!"

On the main floor-
Lara and Caitlin could hear Sven and the people out front calling for her. She recognized the voice of Julie, the park ranger who had helped try to rescue her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Wasteland(Everyone else)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Letting her guard down, and letting a smile show on her lips, Lara rushes out the doors. "Katarina, you live!! And... Julie... find me? Kak?" She stops, looks around and sees the military. Not giving her good mood up. "Hello." , she says as she hugs Katarina bringing up her 9mm to aim at the man. "kto?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxville-
Caitlin and Sven emerged from the warehouse behind Lara.

"Lara, no!" cried Julie when she saw the gun come up. "He's a friend!"

Major Harris raised his hands to show he meant no harm. "Ms. Voronova, I came here on a mission to rescue you," he said. "I'm Major Nelson Harris of the United States Air Force."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

She pulls down her gun and relaxes, Lara offers a smile. "Major, how are we getting out of here? Are you alone? Have you seen the skins over at the compound? Da, the helicoptri, is that yours?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxvile-
Major Harris relaxed and grinned back, visibly relieved. "Yes, ma'am," he said. "We came in the helicopter. The rest of my team and the pilots are back where we landed, on the plateau. We had a rough landing and there was some engine damage, but it should be repaired in an hour or so and we'll be able to take off then. We have seen the skinheads at the compound. We're keeping an eye on the place. Speaking of skinheads, how did you get away from the two who had kidnapped you, Nitro and Deadeye? What happened to them?"
OOC,Everyone may roll Psychology. The base skill is 5%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"The hotel...motel, was ambushed by zomboies." She looks away. "I got away..." Still not really trusting the military, she takes his words for real. "Poydem?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxville-
"I don't know what 'poydem' means, ma'am," said the major, "but I'm glad you escaped. Did you see what happened to your former captors? Are they dead, or could they still be out there?"

Katarina watched the major carefully. He paused as if listening to something.
Katarina Iliescu,[b]Katarina[/b] got the impression that [b]Major Harris[/b] was hoping the two skinheads were still alive so that he could get information out of them, and he was hoping [b]Lara[/b] knew something too, though he didn't seem to completely trust her.
Major Nelson Harris,"Sir, this is [b]Sergeant Valdez[/b]," said [b]Jessica[/b] over the airwaves. "[b]Airman Osbourne[/b] has spotted the skinheads' leader out in the open, in the compound's main square. It looks like they're all assembled there and he's giving a big speech. He's confident that he can take out their leader, but this is a limited time opportunity. He might not get another shot once the speech is over, and they could be getting ready to attack us. Should he fire or not, sir?"
"Hold on, Sergeant," replied Major Harris into his throat mike. "I'm going to need to give this careful consideration."

"What was that about?" asked Julie.

"That was Sergeant Valdez. She just told me that the skinheads' leader is giving a big speech to them in the compound's main square. Our sniper's got him in his sights and is asking for permission to take the shot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I say, we leaving?" She looks at Harris. "No - not.. out there... not like men...."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxville-
"Yes, ma'am, we're leaving now," said Major Nelson Harris, climbing into the back of the truck. "Please, get in Mr. Bell's pickup, Ms. Voronova. With those two skinheads infected, you may be the only one with the information that can help us stop their friends. The sooner we get moving, the better. The rest of you can follow us."

"Tell them to kill the skinhead leader!" Katarina told the major.

"I'm thinking about it, ma'am, but if we do that, it will start a war."

"Good! Kill all of them!"

The major paused as something came in on his radio.
Major Nelson Harris,"Sir, the speech their leader is giving is coming to a close," [b]Jessica[/b] reported into the major's radio. "If we don't do it now, we never will. We need a decision fast."
"All right, Sergeant," replied Major Harris. "Tell Airman Osbourne to take the shot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara walks over to the pick up and climbs in on the passenger side. "Da, let's move."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxville-
"The rest of you are welcome to come to Warren Air Force Base," called Major Harris to the Bell family, "but there won't be room in the helicopter. Follow us, at least for some distance. Depending on circumstances, we may have to go overland."

Katarina climbed into the back of the pickup truck, and Clyde pulled out.

Veronica got behind the wheel of the other pickup truck, her mother-in-law joining her in the cab. Sven and Caitlin got into the car. The vehicles all headed south down the road.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Wats in base?" Lara asks. She determinately won't be put in any camp.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina grins in the truck at the thought of the sniper taking the shot. When things go to hell, which they were going to anyway, and the others are swarmed and killed, at least more skinheads would die and ... equally importantly ... their group will be some distance away when it happens.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Military? What's there? Work? Slins?" Lara is getting more and more uncertain that this is the right way to go. Another farm might be a better option.

"Maybe, we can go to new farm instead?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"The base is perfectly safe, ma'am," Major Harris assured her. "There are thousands of us there, holding out just fine against the hordes. It's like a city, really - a safe one. We have runways and aircraft, a hospital, and plenty of housing for everyone to live in. There will be plenty of work available for everyone to help out, and we can match you with a position to fit your skill set. I'm sorry, I don't know what 'slins' are. And we have enough food and water for all of us, as well as medical supplies. It's much better than any farm."

After the vehicles had gone about a mile down the road, the major heard something on his radio.
Major Nelson Harris,"Sir, [b]Osbourne[/b] missed his first shot. An enemy sniper opened up on him, but [b]Osbourne[/b] plugged him. The enemy are starting to move out. I think they'll be coming our way."
"Roger that, Sergeant," replied the major. "Keep me informed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

".... Da, skins I was meaning skins.. They are coming now?"
Lara slumps back and checks her pockets.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Lara felt the comforting weight of her pistol and the bullets in her pockets.

"She means skinheads," explained Julie.

"They don't know where we are right now," said the major. "They'll be going after the helicopter." Then he perked up.
Major Nelson Harris,"Simpson just murdered Osbourne!" shouted [b]Lt. Rebecca Doolittle[/b] over the radio.
"Stop the truck!" yelled Major Harris.

Clyde slammed on the brakes and the truck screeched to a halt. Behind them, the other pickup truck did likewise. "What is it?"

"One of our men back at the helicopter has apparently turned traitor, and he picked a fine time for it too. He took out our sniper, which means the way is wide open for the Aryan Brotherhood to advance to the plateau. We can't go back there."

"Maybe we can help."

"No, we'll never get there in time, there's too many of them, and we'd only be putting the women in danger. We'd better keep going south and go overland to the base. I'm afraid the helicopter - and my team - is a loss."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Da, move away from skins. Good." Lara looks at the others in the truck. "Overland then!" She grabs the handle above the side window and holds on.

"Sorry of your men, major."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Clyde started driving, leading the group south.

"Thank you, ma'am," said Major Harris. "They're not just men. Women too." He spoke into his radio. "Abandon your position! Forget the bird, just save yourselves!"
Major Nelson Harris,"It's too late! They're coming!" shouted [b]Sergeant Jessica Valdez[/b]. "Sir, we're trapped! It's all over."
"I'm sorry, Sergeant," replied the major. "I made the wrong call."
Major Nelson Harris,"No, sir, they were going to do this anyway. At least you and the civvies got out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara looks out at the landscape flying past as they head south. "Da, womens too. No difference."
She keeps her gun in her left hand while holding on to a handle with her right.
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”