IC-SWORD-High Ground(Katarina/Julie/Strike Force/Jake/Clyde)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-SWORD-High Ground(Katarina/Julie/Strike Force/Jake/Cl

Post by Laraqua »

"Didn't do much good, did I?" asked Katarina softly.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxville-
"I wouldn't say that," said Clyde. "You unmasked that traitor. He could've gotten a lot of people killed if it hadn't been for you." He drove through an intersection and into the tiny town of Flaville. It didn't take him long to find the others. A woman of about fifty years, though her looks had not yet faded, stood in front of a warehouse, the largest building in town. Next to her stood a beautiful woman in her mid-twenties. "There's my wife and mom," he said, pulling up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Your mom is stunning," says Katarina teasingly.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Flaxville-
"Most people notice Veronica first, but my mom's always been a looker," said Clyde, parking the truck in front of the two women, both of whom had shotguns held loosely in their arms.

"Jake, glad you made it back," said the older woman. "I see you brought back a few new friends."

"You might say that, Mary," replied Jake. This here is Major Nelson Harris of the U.S. Air Force. Where are the others?"

"Inside," said Veronica, jerking a thumb at the warehouse behind her. "Looking for useful stuff."

The major climbed out of the back of the truck. "Good morning, ladies," he said. "I need to speak to Ms. Lara Voronova. I've brought a couple of her friends with me: Katarina Iliescu and Julie St. James." He motioned to each of the women in the cab in turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Katarina[/b], [b]Julie[/b], and [b]Major Harris[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading this thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Wasteland

On the plateau-
Airman Kevin Osbourne watched the compound through his scope. "There's some kind of assembly going on in the main square," he reported. "Looks like there's about a hundred people there! I can see the guy addressing them. Got some sort of Nazi uniform on, lots of fruit salad on the chest, stripes down his pants legs like a general. He's gotta be their leader. Hey, Sarge...I bet I could plug him at this range."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"The major won't want us to take any drastic action in his absence, Airman," said Jessica.

"But, Sarge, this could be our only chance!" protested Kevin. "After this speech, he may go back inside and we won't get another shot before they come for us."

"If you kill him, it'll be war."

"So? They're coming for us anyway. At least this way they'll be leaderless, demoralized and in disarray."

"I don't know," said Jessica. "I'd better contact the major and see what he thinks."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Sir, this is Sergeant Valdez," said Jessica into her throat mike. "Airman Osbourne has spotted the skinheads' leader out in the open, in the compound's main square. It looks like they're all assembled there and he's giving a big speech. He's confident that he can take out their leader, but this is a limited time opportunity. He might not get another shot once the speech is over, and they could be getting ready to attack us. Should he fire or not, sir?"

"Man, just look at that little martinet," said Kevin, eyeing him through his sights. "He's pumping his fist up and down like he thinks he's Hitler or something. He probably does. Given the circumstances, he could be the next Hitler - unless I punch his ticket now. If you had the chance, wouldn't you have killed Hitler in 1933 before he really got started?"

"I would wait for approval from my commanding officer first," said Jessica.

"This is a bad idea," Gary Simpson said. "If you take that shot, they'll come down on us like a ton of bricks."

"And if I don't, they'll still come down on us like a ton of bricks," said Kevin.
Sergeant Jessica Valdez,"Hold on, Sergeant," replied [b]Major Harris[/b] into her ear. "I'm going to need to give this careful consideration."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Dammit, it looks like they're wrapping up," muttered Kevin Osbourne. "That speech is climaxing, and all the Nazis are really getting into it. In another minute, they'll disperse and we'll lose our chance. It's now or never!"

"Sir, the speech their leader is giving is coming to a close," Jessica reported into her radio. "If we don't do it now, we never will. We need a decision fast."
Sergeant Jessica Valdez,"All right, Sergeant," replied [b]Major Harris[/b]. "Tell [b]Airman Osbourne[/b] to take the shot."
"Take the shot," she said after a brief pause.

"YES!" said Kevin, his finger tightening on the trigger...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
The rifle barked, and Kevin swore. "Almost got him! Next one-" Before he could fire again, a bullet kicked up dirt near his leg!

"Take cover!" ordered Jessica, ducking behind the chopper with Gary Simpson. "Osbourne, keep firing!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"What the-" started Osbourne. The general took cover and was surrounded by his men as Osbourne prepared to fire again. He wouldn't get another shot at him. He scanned the compound in the direction from which the shot had come and quickly spotted the enemy sniper, up in a watchtower in one of the corners. He drilled him at long range in the center of mass, dropping him instantly. "Scratch one sniper!"

"What about the general?" asked Jessica from behind the chopper.

"They got him behind cover real quick. I don't have a shot. Crap, they're mobilizing!"

"Well, kill as many as you can until you find an opening!"

Gary Simpson crept around the side of the helicopter, his boots crunching on the ground. Jessica heard him before he took a second step. "Hold it!" she shouted. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Someone's got to act as a spotter," he said, sounding perfectly reasonable.

"Okay, go." Jessica spoke on her radio. "Sir, Osbourne missed his first shot. An enemy sniper opened up on him, but Osbourne plugged him. The enemy are starting to move out. I think they'll be coming our way."
Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez,"Roger that, Sergeant," replied the major. "Keep me informed."
Osbourne took another shot, this time at the guy who looked to be second in command, but again he missed. "Dammit!"

Gary Simpson made his way up to Kevin Osbourne's position, his M16 at the ready. While the sniper was otherwise occupied, he leveled the barrel at him and shot him full of holes. Two rounds struck home, one in the arm and one in the torso. Kevin's armor stopped the latter, but the former severed his arm at the shoulder and caused him to bleed out as Gary watched coldly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
The pilot fainted, but Lt. Rebecca Doolittle somehow maintained her composure. She quickly unstrapped herself as she spoke into her radio. "Simpson just murdered Osbourne!" she shouted, scrambling to her feet and into the rear of the helicopter, unslinging her MP-5 as she went.

Simpson ran for the helicopter, using it for cover. When Sergeant Jessica Valdez leaned around from the rear of the chopper and poked her M4 out, he opened fire on her, nearly hitting her with another burst. Luckily, she ducked back behind cover as the bullets zipped past.

Catherine stopped working and readied her M16, sidling around the other side of the chopper to try to slip behind Gary Simpson. Her boots crunched on the ground, and he could hear her coming.

Inside the helicopter, Dauterive lashed out at Winters with his leg, but the medic sprang back and pointed his rifle at him. "Just give me an excuse," snarled Winters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Sorry, Cathy," said Gary Simpson, stepping around the other side of the chopper, his rifle spitting lead right at her. Catherine flattened herself to the ground, avoiding one bullet but being struck by another, which severed her left arm at the shoulder! She blacked out from shock.

"Abandon your position!" said Major Harris over the radio. "Forget the bird, just save yourselves!"

Lt. Doolittle emerged from the chopper, followed by Airman Marcus Winters. Sergeant Jessica Valdez joined them. "You heard the major," she said. "We have to get out of here! Run!" She started down the winding path that led off of the plateau, then stopped and doubled back. "It's too late! They're coming!" Tears in her eyes, she spoke into her radio. "Sir, we're trapped! It's all over."

"I'm sorry, Sergeant," replied the major. "I made the wrong call."

"No, sir, they were going to do this anyway. At least you and the civvies got out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Quick, over the side!" said Sergeant Valdez. "It's our only chance!" She slung her M4 and scrambled over the edge and down the steep cliffside. Lt. Doolittle hurried after her, almost too quickly, but she kept her balance. Gary Simpson rushed around the front of the helicopter with his M16 at the ready as the first of a line of pickup trucks crested the rim of the plateau from the winding trail below, but Marcus Winters scurried down the cliffside with incredible speed and expertise.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Catherine[/b], [b]Gary[/b], and [b]Larry[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Victory
OOC,[b]Rebecca[/b], [b]Jessica[/b], and [b]Marcus[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Retreat
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”