IC-OMAHA-The Road to Hell(Jack Brunner/Ryuu Kin)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-The Road to Hell(Jack Brunner/Ryuu Kin)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 12:40 PM Central Time - Burlington Street, Holdrege, Nebraska
On the road-
Ryuu Kin and Jack Brunner made their way steadily north, following Route 183. The highway above them and the support columns holding it up provided excellent cover as they approached the town of Holdrege. As they neared the outskirts, the overpass sloped down to reach ground level, where it became Burlington Street. It crossed railroad tracks heading east and west and entered the town proper, which appeared at first glance to be deserted. Ahead and to the right was a large park that a sign identified as Jaycee Field. Forward and to the left, smaller streets branched off in that direction.

"We should be out of range of that EMP device by now," said Jack. "Let's start looking for some wheels."
OOC,[b]Ryuu[/b], please roll Luck and Spot Hidden. The base skill for Spot Hidden is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Road to Hell(Jack Brunner/Ryuu Kin)

Post by Garrett »

"Alright, I think our best bet will be to look for a house with a car in the driveway then search the house for keys, unless of course we can find one with the driver still in the cabin. Here, I'm pretty good at moving unnoticed, so I'm going to move ahead a little. If I run into more then I can handle I'll run back to you and you can start blasting away with your twelve gauge." After saying this and hearing Jack's response Ryuu begins slowly advancing, using whatever he can to try and stay out of sight.
Sneak success 27 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3919490/
Luck success 24 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3919491/
Spot hidden fail, 99
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Ryuu advanced up Burlington Street into the more built-up areas of Holdrege. Neither he nor Jack saw any vehicles with the driver still in them or their doors open, though at least they didn't run into anything hostile. Jack followed some distance behind Ryuu, covering him with his shotgun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Like I said in the previous post if I don't notice any vehicles I go into the nearest house with a car in the driveway.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There aren't any cars in driveways that you can see so far. Which way do you want to head? Keeping going north, or go down a side street to the west? The park is east, so there won't be any houses there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I go whichever root seems to have more cover/hiding spots.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Ryuu ducked down the side street to the west, which provided more cover than the larger street leading north. Jack trailed along. After a short distance, Ryuu came across a ranch-style house with a car still in the driveway. It was a recent model beige Buick LeSabre that looked to be in good condition.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Ryuu tells Jack to wait outside and then moves in quietly, blade in his hand into the house. Before entering he looks inside to see if there is anyone inside if he sees signs that someone is alive in the house he simply knocks on the door. If it appears vacant he proceeds inside, smashing a window if he has too.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Ryuu tried the door but found that it was locked. There was no indication that anyone was home other than the car parked outside. The ground floor windows were boarded up, but he was easily able to pry away the boards and shatter one of the windows with his katana, the loud noise causing Jack to wince. Ryuu then used the blade to sweep away the shards of glass so that he could climb inside safely.

In the living room-
Ryuu found himself in the living room of a standard-looking family dwelling. The front door was heavily barricaded from within. A closed door was in the right wall, and an open archway led further into the house, to the dining room.
OOC,[b]Ryuu[/b], please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Ryuu perks up, listening carefully for anything that his noise might have attracted. But detects nothing, figuring any creatures inside surely would have already been alerted, he calls out. "Hello, is anyone here? I mean no harm, this house looked deserted and I was looking for supplies, if someone is here they can just ask me to leave." After that is said he quickly ducks into cover wherever he can, attempting to get out of sight.
Sneak success 74 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3978403/
Assuming there is no response he waits a few minutes with his gun out for any approaching zombies, and if there are none continues searching the house, starting in his present room, for a set of keys, and anything else that might be useful.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
Ryuu heard something very clearly, but it was coming from outside the house! It sounded like a pair of footsteps in the distance.

On the road-
Jack waited nervously outside, not seeing anything or hearing anything. He began to relax.
OOC,You never rolled Listen, so I rolled for you. Your Sneak roll should have been a Hide roll if you were trying not to be seen (Sneak is for not being heard). Either way, it failed, as your Sneak skill is 55% and your Hide skill is the base of 10%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Sorry.
Ryuu pokes his head out the window, gripping his gun tight. "Jack, someones out there!" He hisses out quietly, he then stays at the window with his pistol ready.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Jack, unfortunately, wasn't paying enough attention to hear the hissed warning. A teenage boy wandered out from behind a house across the street, his eyes bloodshot, and gouge marks on his shoulder. Jack was standing only about twenty feet from it, completely unaware.
OOC,[b]Ryuu[/b], please roll Sanity. If you fail, roll 1d10 to see how much Sanity you lose. If you lose 5 or more, you must then roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you will go temporarily insane, but you will be able to act freely if you fail. As long as you do not go temporarily insane, you may shoot before the zombie attacks [b]Jack[/b]. If you just fire at it in general, you may fire twice before it attacks. However, if you aim at the head, you only get one shot off before it attacks, and you must also take a -5 penalty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Success 55 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4002060/
"JACK, LOOK OUT!" Ryuu screams as he turns to see the creature.
-If I have time I jump out the window, run to Jack, and prepare to swing with my Katana.
-If there clearly isn't enough time I just fire my pistol at the things head.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4002062/ success critical, 6 I don't know what damage to roll for that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There's definitely not enough time to get outside and then close the distance to it and swing your katana. There'd barely be enough time just to get out of the window. Normal damage with your .32 revolver, which is listed on your character sheet and the Locations and Weapons thread, is 1d8. Since you rolled an impale, you do 2d8 damage instead. Please roll it. If you roll 10 or more damage, the zombie will be destroyed outright.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Ryuu's gun blasts to like in hits the creature square in the forehead, just as he was aiming for.
5 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4003544/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
The zombie's head snapped back, but it kept coming. Jack whirled around at the shouted warning. He blanched in terror as the thing lurched at him, his eyes wild. His brain short-circuited, but his instincts kicked in. He emptied both barrels into it, blasting its leg into powder. The monster toppled forwards, its questing jaws going wide as it nearly tackled him, collapsing at his feet. In spite of its gruesome wounds, it was still twitching and moving.
OOC,[b]Ryuu[/b], if you wish, you may fire up to two more shots at the zombie's head this round. However, for each shot that misses, you must roll Luck. A failure means you'll hit [b]Jack[/b] by mistake now that the zombie is practicially on top of him. It will take 5 more damage to the head to finish the zombie. If your next shot kills it, then the third shot doesn't happen. You may also post your action for the next round, as you'll get to go first. If you're shooting, you have time for two shots that don't target a particular part of the zombie, or one shot that targets the head, before the zombie gets a turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Ryuu lowers his gun, worried about friendly fire. "Get back Jack, I'll finish him off!" he yells, assuming, hoping that Jack will be able to get away from the creatures reach now that it's crippled. He climbs out the window and takes out his blade, standing in the creatures path so that he can swing the moment it comes into range.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4006388/ Success 44.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4006394/ 14 damage
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Jack scrambled away from the crawling monstrosity, breaking open the shotgun as he ran back towards the house and shoving two more shells into the barrels. He snapped it shut just as Ryuu emerged from the window. The corpse dragged itself across the road, leaving a trail of blood oozing from its stump. When it got close enough, Ryuu delivered a coup de grace with his katana that eviscerated it. It lay still, dead for good.

"Damn..." whistled Jack. "That thing nearly got me. Maybe I'd be better off if it had."
OOC,[b]Ryuu[/b], please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Don't say things like that friend, your family would want you to go on living. And I need you here." Ryuu says. "I'm going to go check the body for keys before I go back in the house." He continues as he carefully checks the body, double checking to make sure it's dead first.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4019578/ Idea fail, 97

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”