IC-GOLD-Entertaining the Troops(Cynthia only)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Entertaining the Troops(Cynthia only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the auditorium-
"Hee hee," said Craig in a high-pitched voice, doing an impression of the Pillsbury Dough Boy. "It would be an honor to dance with you, ma'am."

"So, would this room be suitable for tonight?" asked Major Jackson. "We'll still need to take a look at the other venues even if it is, since we need to hold two parties. Since there are many more enlisted personnel than officers, this room would be better for the enlisted since it's one of the few places big enough."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Uh yeah," says Cynthia. "If you had bigger that'd be great, but this'll do. Got anything for fancy lighting?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the auditorium-
"This is an Air Force base," said Major Jackson, "so we have plenty of lights of various colors used for signaling that could be adapted for our purposes. We also have some strobe lights that could be useful. This is probably the biggest room we have available on the base, unless you count the hangars. However, even the ones not in use have various equipment in them, so it would take a lot of effort to clear them out and set things up for tonight."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Ooh, industrial-tech lighting," said Cynthia. "Should make it a rave!"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the auditorium-
Major Jackson smiled. "This sort of suggestion is exactly why you're the right person to help organize this event," he said. "I'd never have thought of a rave. I've never even been to one. What sort of music do they play at raves?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"High energy electronic music, Dub-step, flashing lights and music that has a repetitive but catchy sound that gets inside of your head and really gets your pulse pumping." Cynthia hops up and down, ensuring her boobies bounce, clapping her hands excitedly. She's more excited about pumping Craig for information, but that can wait for now. Unless perhaps she could draw the Major's eye. She flashes him a flirty smile, fluttering her lashes at him to check his reaction. Of course, odds were he was far too disciplined to give way to her feminine wiles.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the auditorium-
While Major Jackson certainly noticed Cynthia, he was too professional to react. "Do you think that kind of music will be popular with everyone?" he asked. "I don't know if we want to play just rave music the entire night, but perhaps we can have that and other sorts too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Some clubs have multiple smaller rooms with different types of music and styles in each one," says Cynthia. "Maybe an idea for the officers? As for the enlisted, I guess a bunch of classics like ACDC mixed in with some metal, dubstep, rave ... all the greatest hits if you know what I mean."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the auditorium-
"Well, I don't entirely know what you mean," said Major Jackson with a smile. "That's why I'm asking you. Remember, you're a lot younger than me. I'm familiar with AC/DC, but my personal tastes run more towards classical music."

"I get what she's talking about, sir," said Craig. "I was in college not that long ago."

"Thank you, Airman. I'm sure that'll be helpful." He turned back to Cynthia. "Regarding the multiple small rooms, we could put up some dividing screens to section off parts of a large space like this auditorium, though sound will still spill over from one to the next. You're right, the multiple small rooms would work better for the officers, since there aren't as many of us. Shall we go look at some other rooms now?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Sounds groovy," says Cynthia perkily. "How many officers are there?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hallway-
"After the casualties we've taken in the last 24 hours," said Major Jackson as he led Cynthia and Craig back out into the hallway, "about a hundred, maybe a little more. Not all of them will be at the officers' party at once, of course, because of shifts. I'd guess we're looking at a maximum of sixty or so at any one time, and probably not even that many."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What about civilian survivors?" asked Cynthia.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hallway-
"That's a good point," said Major Jackson. "There aren't anywhere near as many civilians as there are military, but we do have a number of civilian employees, as well as family members of our personnel living on base. They could really go to either party, depending on who they want to go with. I'd guess there are around a thousand civilians left, and about ninety percent of them will be going to the enlisted party. So we can expect a total of two hundred at the officers' party, though again that'll be spaced out, so probably not much more than half that at the busiest times."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”