IC-GOLD-Investigation(Melinda/Kathryn/MPs)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Investigation(Melinda/Kathryn/MPs)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the observation room-
Kathryn McCoy,"I can get some, as a last resort," said [b]Everett[/b]. "However, that would risk exposing us. I think we have a decent amount of time before he breaks, and I have a better plan. We shall use the humans' own softness against them. They have rules against using torture. They do it anyway sometimes, but when they get caught they can be punished for it. [b]Lt. Colonel Carmichael[/b] is the third-highest ranking officer on this base, after myself and [b]General Cutter[/b]. He carries a lot of influence, and he has come to trust you. If you go to him and tell him that [b]Lt. Colonel Smedley[/b] is engaging in torture, he may help me put a stop to it legally. I will remain here and be a witness to what goes on in that room. I could use your camera to record it as well. If I try to put a stop to things myself, there is risk. [b]Smedley[/b] may go over my head to the general, and there's no telling what side the Military Police guarding the prisoner will take. However, they have done nothing to stop the torture so far, which makes them liable and likely to support [b]Smedley[/b]. If you bring [b]Carmichael[/b] back here to join me, he can take the lead in stopping it, and I can look like I'm merely agreeing with him. It may still get to [b]General Cutter[/b], but he may want to distance himself from [b]Smedley[/b] once the torture is exposed to protect himself. One thing you must not do is tell [b]Carmichael[/b] about the situation with the nuclear missiles. If he finds out later, we have the perfect justification for keeping it a secret - the general ordered it. However, if he gets wind of it, he may think it is more important to keep the missiles grounded than to stop the torture. [b]Smedley[/b] can't tell him, for while it would bolster his argument, he would be going against the general's orders. "These humans have politics almost as complex as our own. I've learned to navigate these treacherous waters, but I do not always prevail. That is how we ended up on the surface of this planet after all. We must have displeased someone who has influence with the Emperor, and so we have been assigned to this dangerous posting. If we do well here, though, we may yet improve our own positions. Once the humans have been exterminated, I can send an encrypted message into space. We are to be picked up by the fleet before it breaks orbit...although I have my doubts that they will really do as promised. If our people abandon us on this backwater...Still, we must proceed as planned. There is no other way off of this planet."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat nods and leaves the room, searching to find Lt. Colonel Carmichael.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Do not read any posts above the one in the link (except for those from the part when you were previously in that thread). [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=172577#p172577]Nerve Center[/url] Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the interrogation room-
Captain Hobart seemed immune to Melinda Christie's powers of persuasion, and Lt. Colonel Smedley's waterboarding was proving equally ineffective. The MPs looked on impassively, their eyes not revealing what they were thinking. The interrogation continued for twenty minutes until Lt. Colonel Carmichael suddenly threw the door open and burst inside, followed by Lt. Kathryn McCoy and four burly airmen.

"This stops now!" he bellowed.

A waterlogged Captain Hobart looked up, relief all over his face. "I'd salute, sir, but I'm tied up at the moment," he said.

"Carmichael, stay out of this," said Smedley.

"Like hell I well! What do you think you're doing, torturing your own aide? Have you taken leave of your senses?! This is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice! I'll have you brought up on charges, Smedley!"

"Waterboarding doesn't constitute torture. Under the Presidential Decision Directives regarding Homeland Security-"

"Save it for your court-martial!"

"I have authorization to carry out this interrogation by General Cutter himself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”