IC-OMAHA-Breach!(Megan/John/Brian/Gretch/SWAT/Jimmy/etc.)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Breach!(Megan/John/Brian/Gretch/SWAT/Jimmy/etc.

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kowalski gets up from splinting Samuel´s leg and waits for everyone to patch things up.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"You're my new favourite person." Samuel hisses his pain out through his teeth and straightens into a sitting position. "You can be my God if you can give me some sedation and tell me I don't gotta lose the leg, doc."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
"Fine, I'll do it," hissed Heather to Brian. She pointed to the alleyway between the warehouse. "Someone's coming!" she said to Megan. "It must be a zombie!"

"Nice try," said Megan, crossing her arms and frowning. "How stupid do you think I am? All the zombies are down, anyway."

In the hydroponics room-
"Got any handcuff keys?" Erica asked.

"Yeah, let me get those off you," said Gretchen, taking out her tiny key and removing the cuffs.

"Ah, thanks." Erica rubbed her sore wrists.

Kate managed a faint smile. "I'm no doctor," she said to Samuel, "though I could sure use one too. I only had EMT training. I don't have any sedatives, but you'll keep the leg. Kowalski here did a great job. I'm Officer Kate Wheeler, by the way."

"Don't hog her all to yourself, Sam," said Jerome. "I could use some of that TLC over here."

"I'll go help your friend now," Kate said, squeezing Samuel's hand. "You rest easy." She scooted over across the floor to where Jerome sat nearby, where she extracted the bullet and stopped the bleeding.

"Thank you so much, Kate," said Jerome with a grin. "I feel tons better. I think I can even walk now."

"Any time," said Kate.

"Well, we'd better get out of here and get all of you some medical attention," said John Lake.

"There are some doctors back at the school," Kate said. "Dr. Somerville, Dr. Hausmann, Dr. Smith, plus there's a nurse there. It's a mile away, so it'll take us a long time to get back there."

"They may be gone by the time we get back," said Gretchen. "They may have left already, in fact. They were planning to evacuate when we were there earlier. They've fixed up and armored some rinky-dink old school bus. Still, they'll have left some people behind to guard the prisoner and make sure the EMP device stays running."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Zombie?" asks Brian dismissively. "Really? Why not pretend there's a Martian behind her next!"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Evacuated already, huh?" asked Samuel, glancing down at his leg pensively. "Looks like I'm plain outta luck."

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We´ll doing some leaving ourselves." Jimmy helps the officer with the splinted leg up. "OK, we got this in the bag. Bailing out next? Or do we sweep all levels?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
"Zombies are totally real," said Heather. "Like, where've you been for the last day? They've been roaming around eating people. There are Martians too! They're the ones who made the dead rise up and stuff."

"I don't think they're from Mars," said Megan, "but, yeah, we think there are aliens behind all this. There are some scientists at the school who rigged up an electromagnetic pulse device to disable the zombies in the area yesterday afternoon. That's how I knew Heather was full of crap. That, and her lips were moving."

In the hydroponics room-
"We don't know that they've evacuated already," said Gretchen, "but even if they did, there will still be a few people who stayed behind. We're heading back to the school. We found the ladies and finished off the Marley posse, so there's nothing else for us here."

Jerome Hooper was able to walk on his own. John Lake helped Ron Moore.

While Jimmy helped Samuel stand and walk, Erica helped Kate up and supported her. "Come on, Lisa," said Kate. "Let's go."

Lisa stood up and hurried over to Kate's side. "Am I in trouble, Officer Kate?"

"It's not up to me, but I'll put in a good word for you."

"Are you going to be all right, Kate?" Gretchen asked. "You and Erica were held captive for over twelve hours. Did they..."

Kate shut her eyes and winced. "They tried. Damon Marley was this close to it when Lisa stopped him. She wasn't able to stop him this morning, but Emilio and Ron saved me shortly before you get here."

"They tried a couple of times with me too," said Erica. "That McCrumb kid would have if Keith hadn't stopped him, and Lou King attacked me when Damon went after Kate this morning."

"Oh, God..." said Gretchen.

"Hey, we're okay - thanks to you guys."

Kate took a deep breath and nodded. "Yes, thank you," she said, opening her eyes. "I'll be all right now. There are a couple of working vehicles on the main floor. They're old, so the EMP didn't affect them. There's a classic Mustang that Emily Lubachek and Emilio had, and the Jamaicans had a VW minibus."

"All right, we'll take them back to the school," said Gretchen. "Let's go." She led the way back to the basement entryway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel winces as he hops along, dragging his useless leg behind him.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Jimmy supported Samuel and helped him up the stairs, while Erica assisted Kate and Ron Moore leaned on John Lake. Gretchen, Jerome, and Lisa moved on their own. It was slow going considering that two of them had broken legs and one was missing a leg entirely, but they managed it.

"Megan, we're back!" Gretchen called out the open back door. "Bring the other prisoners inside and follow us to the main floor. There are some vehicles there we can use to get back to the school. We've rescued Officer Wheeler and State Trooper Spears, and the posse is dead. We have Lisa Marley in custody. We've got wounded, including Kensington, Hooper, and Wheeler. We also rescued Ron Moore, the coach from the school. He lost his leg."

Behind the warehouse-
"We're on our way!" Megan called back. She nodded to Brian and Heather. "All right, you two, get up and head inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Brian shrugs and gets to his feet. "I can help carry the wounded, if you like. That way your gunners can have their guns out." Not to mention he's a bit worried about how the old captives will respond to him.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy follows the corridor to the main garage or warehouse area.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"That won't be necessary," said Gretchen to Brian as she led the way through the door to the main floor. "There are working vehicles in here."

Everyone entered the main floor, where two vehicles rested. One was an old green VW minibus, and the other was a classic red 1960s Ford Mustang. Megan followed Heather and Brian inside, bringing up the rear, while John Lake manually opened one of the large garage bay doors.

"All aboard," said Gretchen.

"Hey, how come Lisa's not in cuffs?" asked Heather, paying attention for once. "She killed two people!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy whistles at the red, dented car. "Need a driver? I´m born at the wheel." He gets to the Mustang and opens the driver´s door and tilts the seat up, giving space for the others to pile in.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"Wanna make it three?" Lisa snarled at Heather.

Heather laughed. "You thought you were a big shot 'cause your daddy was in charge," she said, "but now that he's totally dead and junk, you can't lord it over me any more!"

"Lisa, don't let her get to you," said Kate. "Remember, she's in handcuffs and you're not."

Lisa nodded, tears in her eyes.

"Okay," said Gretchen, opening the garage door manually. "Everyone with only one working leg should get in the minibus. I'll drive that vehicle. Lisa, you come with us too. Mr. Kowalski, you can drive the Mustang. Special Agent Lake, you go in that with Megan, Heather and Brian."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kowlaki gets behind the wheel of the beat up Mustang and waits for the warehouse doors to be opened.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"We'll go out first," Gretchen told Jimmy before she got into the VW. "You follow us back to the school." Soon everyone had boarded the vehicles, and the drivers were able to start them up with the keys they had found on the dead Jamaicans. The Mustang's powerful engine purred.

"I helped fix this car, you know," mentioned Brian, who was sitting in the shotgun seat across from Jimmy. In the back seat were John Lake and Megan Petrovich, with Heather between them.

The minibus rolled out through the open door, down the short driveway, and into the street, followed closely by the Mustang.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel sullenly gets into the vehicle. There was his glorious track record gone. Back in the day (or rather, back a few days ago), he could hope a surgeon would repair the leg and get him going again. Now he might even die of gangrene or tetanus. There certainly wouldn't be any knee reconstruction or physiotherapy to help him on his way. He couldn't even pretend he'd ever be out of crutches again. Heck, in this world, after what he'd seen, there was a good chance he wouldn't last the week. And even if he did, what then?

What exactly was the point?

His family were dead. His girlfriend ... dead. Everyone he'd ever really known other than few cops were dead. And now he was just going to slow them down. Weaken the group. Take up useless penicillin that'd be better off given to people who weren't crippled to life.

Wow, he thought to himself. I'm really not as resilient as I thought I was.

In truth, that wasn't it. He saw now that he hadn't been resilient with all of his heroics beforehand. He'd been useful. He'd taken pride in that usefulness. He'd had something to do. He'd envied those people who'd taken refuge in the police station but he'd been glad not to be one. Not to have to just sit there and wait and hope that everything would be okay. He'd had purpose. Something to do.

Now he couldn't even drive.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Behind the wheel, Kowalski is feeling almost refreshed. He checks the mirror. The downside is that the car is full of cops.
Thinking about that, he snickers. Hell, I´m like a cop now. He smiles to himself and presses the gas.
"Good work, Brian. She purrs real good."
I wonder who beat her up like this...
He keeps two car lengths between them and the WV.

Maybe I can keep this and get to the drop after all? There must be some order left, right?
At this he checks the handling of the red car. "Hold on!" Right then left.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the streets-
Jimmy Kowalski found that the Mustang handled excellently, in spite of its age and the obvious damage. Brian had done a good repair job. The tank showed that it was mostly full. He followed the minibus through the deserted streets of Omaha and back towards the school.

Jerome knew his best friend all too well. He looked back over his shoulder at Samuel. "Hey, buddy, don't look so glum," he said. "We're gonna get through this. You just gotta have faith. Those scientists at the school already got this thing licked. Now we just need to pick up the pieces and restore order. Sure there's bad guys, but there's a bunch less now thanks to you. Most of the people left are just gonna want to get on with their lives. And your leg will get better. There are doctors back at the school - including a pretty lady doctor, if she hasn't left."

It didn't take long for the vehicles to cross the city and make their way back. Before long, the school was in sight.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%. There is a -5 penalty if you're wearing a helmet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

From the wind shield, Kowalski has a perfect view of the school grounds. If anything should turn out odd, he´d most certainly notice. To be on the safe side, he shifts down and puts the Mustang in a slow drive before following the mini bus.
"Now, let´s be careful here, shall we?"
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”