IC-OMAHA-Breach!(Megan/John/Brian/Gretch/SWAT/Jimmy/etc.)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Breach!(Megan/John/Brian/Gretch/SWAT/Jimmy/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 7:23 AM Central Time - Marley Warehouse, Omaha, Nebraska
Outside the warehouse-
Jerome didn't hear anything as he waited, but John Lake was much more attentive. "I just heard the rear entrance breaking!" he shouted. "Do it now!"

"Breach!" yelled Jerome. He and Megan ran at the boarded up doorway with the portable ram and smashed it wide open. John ran in behind them, gun drawn.

In the entrance hall-
Jerome, Megan, and John charged into the hall through the front entrance. The rear had been broken open too - from the inside. A teenage girl with blonde hair was running towards that opening. "That's Heather Anderson!" shouted Megan.

Behind the warehouse-
Brian Stevenson bolted from the warehouse, finding himself in an alley that ran between two rows of similar warehouses. To the left, not far away, a street was visible. The alley went a long way to the right before reaching another street. A narrower alley ran between the warehouse he had just escaped from and the one next to it, leading back towards the front. It was from this that three people emerged: a cop in full body armor with a helmet and a submachine gun, a short man with a revolver, and a blonde woman in a navy blue suit with an automatic pistol.

Samuel Kensington led the way into the rear alley, followed quickly by Jimmy and Gretchen. They got there just in time to see the short, stocky guy with the crowbar emerge from the now open rear entrance to the warehouse.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Breach!(Megan/Heather/John/Brian/Gretch/SWAT/Ji

Post by Laraqua »

"Police freeze!" shouts Samuel. "Get down on the ground now!"

Brian near wets himself, being so close to freedom and not quite comprehending that it's a cop, nor truly believing that cops existed anymore. "Oh crap, no!" He drops the crowbar and starts stumbling toward the left, arms raised up like he could ward off the bullets. "No, no, they're killin' everyone in there!" He keeps heading to the left, stumbling, barely looking, lost in the fear and adrenaline of being close to safety.

OOC: I'll leave it to Syrinx or an NPC to decide how to deal with Brian as Samuel is also my PC. In truth, I suspect that he'd yell at him until he dropped to the floor, cuff him and leave him. How many cuffs do I have? any twistie tie cuffs? If he can see Heather, he'd aim at her so long as Brian's not close enough, as Brian's dropped his weapon and this new woman may be armed.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kowalski leaps at Brian and pulls him down, securing him by pinning him down with a knee. "Stay down, son - or your back´ll snap." As he speaks to the guy, he aims his King Cobra at the running blonde.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Samuel[/b], [b]Jerome[/b], [b]Gretchen[/b], and [b]John[/b] each have one pair of handcuffs - the traditional metal kind, not the plastic twist cuffs. You couldn't actually see [b]Heather[/b] at the moment, but she is about to come running out of the back door, so you'll see her at that point.
In the entrance hall-
Heather bolted through the rear exit when Megan called out her name.

"Stop her!" shouted Megan. "She's one of the ones who kidnapped Erica!" She followed Jerome and John, pursuing Heather to the back door.

Behind the warehouse-
Heather rushed out from the warehouse only to run into Samuel, Jimmy, and Gretchen. "Like, don't shoot!" she cried, halting and raising her hands. She had no visible weapons.

Gretchen pulled Brian's arms behind his back and secured them with her handcuffs. "Where's Erica Spears?" she demanded.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy Kowalski rises from Brian´s back as Gretchen cuffs him. He circles around the blonde referred to as Heather and peeks inside the corridor for doors leading deeper into the warehouse.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,[b]Brian[/b] hadn't actually gotten down on the ground and was still ambling away, but in his confused and generally compliant state, you coulda leapt him and dragged him down without a roll so we'll go with that, yeah?
Brian just looked around, bewildered. "Am I safe?" he asked, confused.

"Get down on the ground, Heather, and there won't be any problems," said Samuel, still with his gun trained on her. "I've got this! You three keep an eye on the rest of the building." Damn amateurs. "And keep every door covered. We don't know where they'll be coming!" He nodded for Gretchen to deal with her as well.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy enters the corridor, keeping to the left side and crouching making a small target. Reaching any door - he´ll wait for support by the others before moving on.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
By this time the sound of gunfire had stopped.

Gretchen had already used her handcuffs, but John Lake gave her his. Heather got down on the ground, and Gretchen cuffed her arms behind her back too and read her and Brian their rights. Then she patted Heather down while John searched Brian. He came up with a handful of .38 bullets that he found in one of Brian's pockets. "There's about a dozen live rounds here, but no gun," he said.

"I asked you a question," Gretchen said to Heather. "Where is Erica Spears? You better hope we find her alive for your sake." Her search turned up a large amount of crystal meth.

Heather broke down and cried. "Look, I'll tell you anything you want to know! They've got like this whole secret drug lab underground. One of the storerooms on the left has a trapdoor that's normally hidden that leads down there. They've got a generator that's still working, so it's lit. At the bottom of the stairs is a door leading to a big hydroponics room where they grow their weed. There's a door on the right end of that room that leads to a bunch of storage compartments where they got her locked up. You better hurry, they're probably raping her right now."

"What was that shooting?" asked Jerome.

"They had Emilio, Coach Moore, and Kate captured, but they escaped and took down Damon Marley and took his guns. His daughter Lisa has a shotgun, and they started shooting at each other."

"Kate?" asked Gretchen. "You mean Kate Wheeler? She's in there, alive?"

"She was when I got away. She's got a broken leg from when they shot her yesterday. They'll bang her too. They would have totally raped me next if I'd stayed."

"You came here with Doug Marley and the others to join them. Why would they rape you?"

"Because I'm, like, super hot."

"Ms. Anderson, anyone can be sexually assaulted regardless of appearance. It's about power, not sex."

"Like, whatever. Look, I'm not really part of this gang. I only went along with Darnell because he was like, my new boyfriend and stuff. But he and Keith turned on them, and now they're both dead. So's Doug and Roy, 'cause Keith killed them. It was only a matter of time before they figured out I didn't really wanna be there."

Jerome cautiously followed Jimmy into the warehouse corridor.

In the entrance hall-
Jimmy and Jerome entered the warehouse. The corridor stretched all the way to the broken open front entrance. There were several doors on the left wall. All of them were closed except for one door near the rear entrance that had been left open. There was also a closed door on the right wall near the front.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy waits by the open door directly to the left and quickly polishes the side of his revolver, he then moves it at an angle to Catch a reflection of the room behind the door opening on the metal of the gun. It´s not a mirror but it´s worth a try. If it looks clear he will enter, gun raised and planting one foot to block the door from being pushed into his face while scanning the room from centre, to the left then to the right. All this assuming the door is hinged on the left inner side and the roo streches to the right.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel heads over to Jimmy and Jerome. He gives Jimmy a moment to try his gun trick, catches Jerome's eye and gestures to his own eye and to the left, then to Jerome's eye and to the right. Basically, he's inferring that when they enter, Samuel look left and Jerome look right so they can both have a chance to shoot folk in their respective angle without being blind sided by everyone looking in the same direction.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
"Stay here and watch them," Gretchen said to John and Megan. "I'm going in. If Erica and Kate are still alive in there, they're going to need me. If those are .38 bullets you found, give them to me. You hold onto the drugs." She handed the meth to John, who gave her the bullets. She pocketed them and then followed the others into the warehouse, leaving John and Megan outside with Heather and Brian.

In the entrance hall-
Jerome nodded. He and Samuel had done this sort of thing many times before. If their element's scout had survived, he would have had a mirror on a stick that he could have used to look into the room. Jimmy tried to do the same thing with his revolver, but it wasn't as effective. He saw no movement, however.

In the storage room-
Samuel and Jerome sliced the pie and moved around the corner of the open doorway, each looking in one direction. Nobody else living was in there, and nobody was hiding behind the door. It was just as Heather had described it. There were rows of shelves stacked with boxes, but one of the rows was out of place, shoved up against another one. Where it should have been was an open trapdoor in the floor. It was designed to be very well concealed, as the outer surface of the trapdoor looked indistinguishable from the floor. However, it was very obvious when it was open. Narrow, steep stairs led down into darkness, but there was a faint light coming from below. Also, the body of an African-American in his late teens lay on the floor between the door and the trapdoor. His chest and shoulder were all chewed up by what looked like a shotgun blast at close range.
OOC,[b]Samuel[/b] and [b]Jimmy[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d3.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy gulps at the gross sight The thought of a drug stash down below, more than well compensated for him freaking out. He moves over to the trap door and peeks down along the barrel of his revolver.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel sucks it up and heads over to back Jimmy up, crouching down and peering along the gun barrel.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
"Oh, Heather, how did you go so wrong?" said Megan.

"Like, I dunno," said Heather. "Peer pressure or something?"

"Don't try to blame others for your actions. You have to take responsibility."

"What were you doing with all those drugs?" asked John Lake. "You sure had a lot. Were you dealing?"

Heather laughed. "All that's for personal use," she said.

"It seems an awful lot for that."

"What can I say, I love meth. Look, I got it off Keith. He was the dealer. I traded him my M16 for his entire supply."

"You mean Erica's M16," said Megan.

So far Brian seemed to have chosen to exercise his right to remain silent.

In the storage room-
Jerome didn't even blink when he saw the dead body. After yesterday, what was one more?

Gretchen followed the men into the storage room, her revolver ready. She managed to keep her cool and her breakfast.

The stairway was empty, but the only way to see everything that was below was to go down there. Jerome gestured for Samuel to follow him, then took the lead and crept stealthily down the stairs, the barrel of his M16 leading the way.
OOC,[b]Samuel[/b], please roll Sneak if you go down the stairs. The same applies to [b]Jimmy[/b] if he follows. The base skill is 10%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Can we go, please?" asked Brian quietly. "I don' wanna be here if they win, okay? I just wanna go home."

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel isn't nearly so stealthy, though at least he's not horribly loud about it.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
"I'm not leaving without them," said John Lake to Brian.

"Then let us go," said Heather.

"Yeah, right."

"I'll give you a blow job if you do."

"Not happening."

"I'm eighteen," she lied. He didn't respond. "Guess you must be gay then." She turned her head to look at Brian. "You offer him a blow job."

In the storage room-
Gretchen followed the others downstairs, bringing up the rear.

In the basement entryway-
Jerome managed to creep through the basement room with the featureless concrete floor to the only other exit, an open metal door that led into a vast hydroponics room that was brightly lit. Rifle in his hands, he moved up against the wall on the right side of the doorway. Samuel arrived next and made his way over to the wall on the left side of the doorway. Peeking in, they could see a Jamaican-looking girl and man. The girl was in her very early teens and carried a shotgun, and the man was about forty years old and holding a Desert Eagle automatic. They were watching a big man who was lying on the floor in a pool of blood on the left side of the room, near a door. One of his legs was missing. Beside him was a corpse of a man that had clearly been shot dead. Another Jamaican man, this one very tall and muscular, entered the room through a door in the right wall. He carried a Mac-11 submachine gun, which he trained on the one-legged man as he strode across the room. "Your turn, mon," he said.

Jimmy reached the bottom of the stairs, followed by Gretchen. In spite of the noise they made compared to the SWAT officers, the Jamaicans beyond the door did not appear to notice.
OOC,[b]Samuel[/b] and [b]Jimmy[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the dead body. Sanity loss is 0/1d3. [b]Jimmy[/b], you've already lost one for seeing a corpse, so you can lose at most two more. If you roll a 3, it counts as 2. Regardless of the rolls, you may act freely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy blocks out the gruesome sight and gets ready to ambush the three in the room. He waits for the trained personell to lead the charge.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The image gets to himand Samuel suppresses a shudder at the sight. He gestures to each to slice the pie (and where to slice) and then he charges into the room: "Police! Get down on the floor now!" followed by "Drop your weapons!" He aims to make as much noise and be as convincing as possible.

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”