IC-OMAHA-Breach!(Megan/John/Brian/Gretch/SWAT/Jimmy/etc.)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Breach!(Megan/John/Brian/Gretch/SWAT/Jimmy/etc.

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Through the window, Jimmy only hears the engine purring. He's studying a flock of crows leaving the rubble.

Y'all:
OOC:   Happy New Gaming Season!  
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the rear parking lot-
The monstrosity didn't seem to have any eyes, but at the same time it appeared to be looking right at Erica. With a shudder, she floored the accelerator and pulled out, driving the minibus around the side of the school as the lumbering behemoth slowly dragged itself after the vehicle.

Outside the police station-
Megan Petrovich looked around, her battlefield instincts kicking in - after all, this was a battlefield of a different sort. Her tour in Iraq had sharpened her senses, for her life had depended on them, and the lives of others. And so they did now. "I see someone!" she cried, pointing into the rubble of the ruined building. "There, a hand!" She got out of the car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy leaves the car idling and jumps out at the heels of Megan. He looks for the sign of life she had observed. His hands are free and the revolver is tucked in the back of his jeans.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the front parking lot-
The minibus pulled around the side of the building. Erica gripped the wheel and frantically looked back in the rear view mirror at the horror pursuing the vehicle. She gunned the gas pedal, shoving through the hole in the fence and onto the street.

Jimmy got out of the car and followed Megan.

In the ruined police station-
Megan led the way through the rubble that used to be the police station, followed by Jimmy. He couldn't see the hand until Megan pointed it out. It was a woman's hand, sticking out from the debris. The two of them worked together to dig her out. She was dirty, her hair and uniform coated with dust, but Jimmy recognized her as Renee Wallace. Megan felt her wrist. "She's alive," she said, "just unconscious." She tried to revive her. "She's not waking up."
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b], please roll First Aid if you want to try to help. The base skill is 30%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Not remembering the correct procedure, Jimmy stands unable to help the officer. This is not the way he'd envisioned Renee Wallace for their next encounter. It had been something entirely different. "Fuck!" he says and lifts her by her armpits and starts dragging her to the car.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ruined police station-
Megan lifted Renee's legs and tried to help Jimmy carry her.
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b], please make a Resistance Table roll, pitting the sum of your STR (10) and [b]Megan[/b]'s STR (8) against [b]Renee[/b]'s SIZ (11). This gives you an 85% chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Without much hassle Jimmy maneuvers deftly backwards to the car. "Make sure her airways are clear, guys!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jimmy had no problem carrying Renee, and he didn't even need Megan's help. They emerged from the rubble as Erica Spears pulled up in the minibus. She slammed the brakes, bringing the bus to a screeching halt.

"Erica, what's wrong?" asked Kate from the rear of the minibus.

"I...I don't know," she said. "I just...I can't go on any more." She slumped over the wheel.

"This isn't good!" said Jerome. "That thing was still following us when we left the school. It's a lot slower than the vehicle, but it'll catch up if we stay here too long."
OOC,You haven't gotten into the Mustang yet. All of this happened as you arrived.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy gets over to the Mustang with his load. "What's wrong?" he screams.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jimmy put Renee in the shotgun seat and got behind the wheel.

"Erica?" asked Kate in a soothing tone. "Is this...is this because of what happened to us at the warehouse? Are you giving up?"

"No, it's not that at all," said Erica, shaking her head. "I want to live, I want to keep going, I just...I can't!" She burst into tears, sobs convulsing her body. Then she sat bolt upright. "It's that thing! It's keeping me here somehow!"

"Fight it, Erica! You have to fight it!"

Erica struggled to start driving again, but she found herself paralyzed. A fresh round of crying started. "It's no good! I'll have to get out here. You all go on without me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hit the road!" Jimmy shouts as he honks the horn and puts the rear in making a three point turn and drives up next to the minibus. Driver side to driver side he stops. "What's the hold up ladies?" He watches for any pursuit and tilts the gear stick back to reverse, just in case.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That thing...it's keeping me here somehow," said Erica between sobs.

"We're not leaving you," insisted Kate. "Look, can't someone else drive?"

Erica shook her head. "I can't! I have to get out!"

"We can restrain you physically if we have to. But try to resist, Erica. Please!"

"I can't!" cried Erica. She opened the door, unfastened her seatbelt, and got out of the minibus.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below. Please do not read any of the posts above the one in the link.
Survival
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”