IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the school bus-
Lucy and Declan followed Becky and Donald outside.

Outside the school bus-
Becky popped the hood and took a look at the engine, clicking her tongue. "Man, we never should have tried to undertake such a long trip in this ancient wreck," she said. "Well, let's do another patch job and try to get her running long enough to get where we're going."
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Holy smokes... Mech Rep. critical success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3592711/]Mechanical Repair (66%) (1d100=1)[/url]
Donald tsk'd Becky... "Now now," he said calmly, "there's nothing wrong with her that a little tender loving care can't fix. Yeah... see here?" he pointed out the cause of the engine seize and said, "We should be able to get it running in no time. Let me get my tools."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko is worried watching outside. And if the generator fails too?
Jerry is more worried with the living than the dead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the school bus-
Though Donald had matters well in hand, the others tried to help. Lucy couldn't do much. "If this were an aircraft, I'd have no problem," she said. "I'm not used to working on a bus."

Becky's assistance was much more able, and she was able to speed things up considerably. Donald did a pretty good job too. Donald figured that it would take only half an hour before they could get back on the road, and that once he resolved this problem he was sure there would be no further mechanical difficulties - unless they did something with the bus that would cause it damage.
OOC,Everyone, whether inside or outside of the bus, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3630418/]Spot Hidden (25%) (1d100=40)[/url] (I don't think Donald's made that roll once yet. :P)
Donald is far too focused on repairing the bus to be paying attention to his surroundings, trusting the others to do it for him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the school bus-
Michiko watched through the slits between sheets of metal that let her look through the windows, but she saw nothing important. Jerry, however, noticed something as Donald and the others were finishing up their repairs.
Jerry Law,In the distance off to the southwest, [b]Jerry[/b] noticed a young man in his late teens with Japanese features walking towards the highway from the north. He had just reached it and was looking in both directions. Then he started walking along the highway to the southwest, towards Waverly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the school bus-
Lucy saw nothing but the engine, and Becky was also preoccupied with it. Declan, however, had keen eyesight. As they finished their repairs on the engine, he glanced down the road ahead to the southwest. "Hey, guys," he said, pointing down the road. "There's a young fellow walked out of the north and reached the highway some ways ahead of us. He's heading the same way we're going. Japanese, by the looks of him. Funny, but he's missing part of one of his little fingers. He's lucky; I'm missing two whole fingers."

"Well, he can't be a zombie," said Lucy. "The EMP device would have taken him down."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald responded, "He could be infected... if they bit off his finger." He was putting his tools away at that time, ready to get moving again. "Guess it wouldn't hurt much to slow down as we drive by and ask him some questions."

Donald had either forgotten, or purposefully put it out of his memory that they were all infected. Recurrences of scary zombie flicks were all he was clinging to. It was preferred over the thought of being infected.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the school bus-
With everyone aboard again, Becky started up the engine and it turned over. Then she shifted into gear and started down the highway once more. She honked the horn and pulled up alongside the young Japenese man, who was walking southwest on the shoulder. He had not even noticed that the bus was there until the horn had sounded.

Ryuu Kin could see the obese woman behind the wheel of the bus, but she was not at all a pleasant sight. A large black man sat in the seat behind her. He was only slightly overweight, and Ryuu could look at him without wanting to be sick. "I'm Principal Lawrence Adler," he said, his voice a deep, rumbling bass, "from Brooks High School back in Omaha. We're on our way to Cheyenne. Need a lift?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Since they were closer, Donald gave the man a closer look, checking for any bulges that might indicate he was hiding weapons, and the finger to see if he was bleeding out.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Donald[/b], please roll Spot Hidden. Anyone else may roll this as well. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3673178/]Spot Hidden (25%) (1d100=80)[/url]
Donald couldn't tell from the man's baggy clothes if he were concealing anything, but he checked him for signs of zombie-ness regardless.
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

"I'm Ryuu Kin, thank you very much." I say as I step onto the bus and take a seat near the front, nodding politely to anyone who looks at me. "I don't suppose any of you know whats going on?" I say taking count of everyone on the bus.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Invasion," Donald responded looking at the guy who took a seat near him. "Martians put something in the air that make us all walk around like meat puppets once we're dead and lose our own will." He knew it sounded crazy, but it was the simplest explanation from what he gathered from all the brains at the school. With a nod he said, "If you think I'm pulling your tail, consider the alternatives. Hell is overflowing... the dead are risen ushering us into the end of times. Either way you look at it... we're pretty screwed."

Donald was an aging black man with gray hair who wore overalls that had his name sewn on - right over the word 'Janitor'.
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"My what an interesting theory." I reply stifling a laugh, still the man did have a point, I didn't have any better explanations come to mind. There certainly was something very strange going on. My mind went to my family, "Do you know how far this has spread?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald merely shrugged in response.
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I speak a little louder. "Does anyone know how far this is spread, even a rough idea? One city, the country, the world?" Of course if anybody could survive this it was my family but I still worried.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the school bus-
Donald could see now that Ryuu was close that the missing part of his finger was not a new injury, and it had long since healed over. He seemed unhurt.

Once Ryuu was aboard, Becky cranked the door closed and then shifted the bus into gear. She pulled out, and the bus continued on its way southwest down the highway.

"It's worldwide," called a pretty blonde woman wearing a black dress with a white lab coat over it sitting at the back near some sort of complicated electronic device at the rearmost part of the aisle. She made her way forward. "Hi, I'm Stephanie Bridges, and I've learned a lot about what's happening. What Donald says is mostly correct, though I doubt the aliens are from Mars, and the biological mechanism that makes the dead rise isn't airborne. It has, however, gotten into the water over the years and has infiltrated the entire ecosystem by now. The dead were reanimated through an electrical signal from space that activated this virus. The bite transmits a poison that merely kills the victim, who would then rise upon death, though I did encounter one person who was immune to it somehow. Yesterday afternoon we managed to transmit a signal into space in the aliens' own language that we believe tricked them into thinking that their mission was accomplished. From that point on, the dead will no longer be reanimated. We also put together a couple of EMP devices - eletromagnetic pulse. That machine at the back of the bus is one of them. The EMP disables the electrical impulses that cause the dead to animate through a form of galvanism. It puts the dead down, basically. Any of them that were already active within range dropped, and the same happens to any that wander into range. We were able to save what was left of Omaha that way, and the other EMP generator is still there."

Though Ryuu's English was good enough that he could have understood Stephanie's words, some of the meaning of the scientific jargon went over his head.
Michiko Watanabe,The missing finger was an obvious sign to [b]Michiko[/b], especially on a young Japanese man. It marked him as most likely being a member of the Yakuza, Japanese organized crime. Members were often punished for failures by having the ends of their fingers cut off.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald smirked to the new guy in an 'I told you so' way and gave a quick shrug again. He asked Stephanie " What do you suppose they will do now that they think we are all dead?"
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"My, it seems you've been busy." I say admirably in response to the scientific babble. "Do you know how the governments are looking? I'm guessing we're under martial law, is the military intact?"

I turn my head to Donald and answer his prompt. "Well I doubt the aliens would kill us for no reason, they probably want our planet our something. Whatever it is they want I doubt we're out of the woods yet." I nervously check my pistol, "I don't suppose either of you have .32 caliber rounds?"

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”