IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

Post by kabukiman »

-Hai- says Michiko with a bow.
-I'm from a small village called Hinamizawa and latter studied at Tokyo. I've come one year to America and then all things started. I was very lucky of being in a place with people so smart and combative or I wouldn't survive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"I wish I'd been with a better crowd," said Leslie. "How widespread is this? Is the government doing something to stop it?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko stays silent for a moment and then says:
-We are not sure, but we assume for the worst. No tv, no radio. All places we have seen are like this one. Maybe in the big cities things are better, but I doubt; if the society and goverment were working, they would have already send news.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Hi, I'm Stephanie Bridges," Stephanie said to Leslie. "I'm a government scientist who's been working on the problem since, well, yesterday. It is worldwide. The only places I know that are relatively safe are Omaha, where we just came from, and Warren Air Force Base, where we're headed. We're facing an extraterrestrial threat that has caused the dead to reanimate, apparently in an effort to wipe out humankind. I believe we've managed to trick the aliens into thinking they've already succeeded by deciphering their language and transmitting a message to them, so now the dead should stay dead. We've also built EMP generators, which will take down any reanimated corpses in a wide area."

"Aliens?! Really?" said Leslie, incredulous.

"I assure you, they're very real. There's more than just the dead; we've seen other creatures, even worse. And of course sometimes humans are the greatest threat."

"So...it's over now?"

"Well, not exactly. The corpses that have already been reanimated will still roam around eating people until they get put down, whether by EMP or by a bullet to the brain, and there's an awful lot of them. And there's those creatures I mentioned. And the humans. There are a lot of bad people out there taking advantage of the situation."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-In such a situation, humankind should unite but all is need it is a small group of evil people to ruin everything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"And there are far too many of those out there," said Stephanie, suppressing a shudder. "I don't understand why people aren't cooperating more either. Some are, such as us, but it only takes a handful to ruin things." She looked out the window. "This area is starting to look more familiar. I think we're getting close to Brownsville. That's only a few miles from the truck stop where I was stuck yesterday morning. When we get there, we can see if anyone survived. The Air Force was holding it down when we left, though they were squabbling among each other too. If they held out, they might be able to help us gain entry to Warren Air Force Base."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-If they were having problems, maybe it's better to avoid the place? Imagine what is finding a base in war? We wouldn't have a chance against them...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"That's a good point," said Principal Adler.

"But if we don't contact them, we may not be able to get permission to enter the base at all," said Stephanie. "Of course, their communications network is probably down by this point. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did. Oh! We'd better switch off the EMP device before we get too close if we do go that way! Otherwise it will fry all of their electronics."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-But without the EMP we are very vulnerable. It's better to contact indeed by radio at safe distance.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"We'll have to shut it off before we get too close to the Air Force Base anyway," said Stephanie, "but I'd feel safer keeping it on as long as we can. However, the only way we'll be able to contact the base is to use the communications gear at Mr. Foo's hotel. Even if we had our own radios, they'd have been ruined by the EMP. I think we should stop there, but approach with caution. I would like to see how the Foos and Jenny are doing too."

"I don't know," said the principal. "It could be risky."
OOC,[b]Michiko[/b], if you'd like to try to convince the principal of a course of action, please roll Persuade. [b]Jerry[/b] may try as well; the base skill is 15%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-What is the range of the EMP? We don't want to ruin the machines from the base.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"You're right, we don't," said Stephanie. "The one on the school roof has a range of between one and two miles, but that was because it was in a high place. This one was built the same way, but it's at ground level, so I'd say less than a mile. We can't know exactly, so we'll err on the side of caution and shut it off early before we get too close to the truck stop. That also means the approach to Warren Air Force Base could be difficult, because we'll need to shut off the EMP device as we approach. We don't want to go through Cheyenne, as it will still have active zombies. We'll have to go around the city and come at the base from another angle."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko
- And in Cheyenne, besides the zombies we don't know what kind of survivors there are. I'm starting to worry more with the livings than the dead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"I know all too well what you mean," said Stephanie. "I think we need to at least check out the truck stop and the motel. There could still be survivors there, and they might need our help. I know a lot of the people there and can talk to them. Plus, the Air Force personnel could help us with finding a safe route to and getting access to the base."

"You're absolutely right," said Principal Adler. "Becky, keep driving."

The bus continued west on I-80. After a couple of miles, Stephanie switched off the EMP device. "We're only about a mile away now. This area is looking more familiar."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”