IC-GOLD-Promotion(Kathryn McCoy only)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-Promotion(Kathryn McCoy only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 7:22 AM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the outer office-
Kathryn McCoy followed Colonel Everett down the hall to a stairwell at the end and then upstairs. The colonel opened a door on the landing that led down another hall. At the end was a door marked "General Cutter - Commanding Officer" that was flanked by two big Security Forces troopers. There was a door on the left labeled "Colonel Everett - Executive Officer," and one on the right that said "Lt. Colonel Carmichael - Operations Officer." Everett opened the door on the left and led her into an outer office. There was a closed door on the left wall of this room. A woman's Air Force uniform hung from a coat rack in the near right corner. At the back, a petite woman with short black hair and glasses sat behind a desk, wearing a captain's uniform. She stood up and saluted when her commanding officer entered.

"Ms. McCoy," said the colonel, saluting back, "this is Captain Dana Sorenson, my aide. Captain, this is Kathryn McCoy, the newest addition to our officer corps."

"A pleasure to meet you," said the captain with a smile.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-GOLD-Promotion(Kathryn McCoy only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
"Thanks, same here," said Kathryn. She walked over to the desk and shook the captain's hand.

"I'll be in my office, Captain," said Everett. "Help Ms. McCoy get changed into her new uniform. Let me know when she's ready, and I'll come swear her in." He opened the door on the left, walked through it, and shut it behind him.

Captain Dana Sorenson got up and led Kathryn over to the coat rack, where she took down the uniform and handed it to her. It consisted of a knee length navy blue skirt and a pale blue blouse. It looked about the same as the captain's uniform, though a bit larger. There was a pair of black dress shoes on the floor in front of the rack. "I also have your lieutenant's bars here," she said, taking a pair of insignia out of her pocket, each of them a slim gold bar. "They go on your shoulders. There's an optional cap and a pair of panty hose in my desk drawer if you want them. If you want some privacy, you can use the executive washroom down the hall."

"Thanks again," said Kathryn. "I'll be fine." She raised her arms and slid her tank top over her head, then removed her boots and slipped out of her trousers. "Can I call you Dana?"

"Well, you're not a lieutenant yet, ma'am, so sure, for the next few minutes, anyway. Then you'll have to call me ma'am or captain."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
Kathryn pulled on the skirt, put on the blouse, and buttoned it. Then she affixed the gold bars to her shoulders and turned around. "How do I look?" she asked.

"You could go on a poster!" said Dana. "Seriously, I wish I had your looks."

"No, you don't," said Kathryn, lowering her head. "Sometimes beauty can be a curse."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn raises her head and brushes off the memories and says,
"I guess I´m set. Next stop, captain? I do want my camera back, if possible..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
"I'm sure that can be arranged," said Dana. "I'll see to it personally while the colonel is briefing you. First you need to be sworn in." She tapped a button on the intercom on her desk. "Sir, she's ready."

The door to the inner office opened and Colonel Everett emerged. "Excellent," he said, smiling at Kathryn. "That uniform fits you like a glove. It's as though you were born to wear it. I knew you were officer material. If you're ready to start, please raise your right hand and repeat after me. I, state your name..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

She raises her right hand."I, Kathryn, Anne McCoy...",
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
"Do solemnly swear," continued Colonel Everett, waiting for Kathryn to echo the words before proceeding, "to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." When she had completed the oath, he nodded. "Kathryn McCoy, I hereby commission you as a second lieutenant in the United States Air Force. Now you salute."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat speaks the words and finishes with a salute. She brushes her skirt and asks, "Next stop?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
The colonel returned Kathryn's salute, then lowered his hand before she lowered hers. "Now I'll brief you on the situation, Lieutenant McCoy," he said. "We can talk in my office."

"Sir," said Captain Dana Sorenson, "Lt. McCoy has requested permission to have her camera returned to her. I'd like to go track it down and collect it for her."

Colonel Everett nodded. "Yes, good idea. She can pick it up after we're done." He stood aside from the door and motioned for Kathryn to enter.

"Congratulations," said Dana to Kathryn with a smile as she headed out into the corridor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Thank you, mam." Lt McCoy replies and walks into the office of Col Everett´s.

She habitably takes a seat in a chair of the office.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the inner office-
Kathryn entered Colonel Everett's office, which was rather spartan, and he closed the door behind her. There was a window in the back wall with the curtains drawn. The left wall had a portrait of the President hanging on it, and an American flag was on a pole in the near right corner. The desk was made of fine oak and was fairly clean. A large leather-backed chair sat behind it, into which the colonel lowered himself. Kathryn sat in a similar chair that faced the desk from the other side.

"Lt. McCoy," began the colonel, "what I'm about to tell you is top secret and does not leave this room. You are not to share this information with anyone. For reasons you might not be aware of, I cannot be sure of who I can trust at this base - not even Captain Sorenson. I have no reason to suspect her, of course, just being cautious. She has always done an excellent job. One of the reasons I commissioned you is precisely because you are an outsider. You are to repeat this to nobody. Is that understood?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn nods, "Yes, SIr. I´m aware of people turning from friends to enemies. I know what you are talking about, sort of."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the inner office-
"I don't think you do, exactly," said Colonel Everett, "or at least I hope you don't." He cleared his throat. "I don't know if you've heard some of the rumors going around, but there is talk that the source of this crisis is extraterrestrial." He paused. "This is, in fact, true."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Alien origin, Sir?" She nods. "I understand there was a meteor that struck our airfield, so I guess it came from space allright. So, I see what you say." She pauses. "How do we get rid of this outbreak, then? Whatever it is..."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the inner office-
"I'm not certain we can," said Colonel Everett. "We may have to learn how to adapt to the new reality, or we will perish. We have had meteor strikes of our own in this area, and one of them disgorged small extraterrestrial beings. There are other creatures as well aside from those and the 'infected' that I think we both know are actually reanimated corpses, and they are not so mindless. It may be possible to reason with them, negotiate with them, coexist with them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sir, may I speak freely? I heard of a giant worm… Sir, coexist? What´s your plan to do that?" She leans forward, listening.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the inner office-
"Yes, of course you may speak freely," said Colonel Everett. "I have heard reports of the giant worm-like creature as well. That may actually be terrestrial, but there are more previously unknown species besides that. We are finding that extraterrestrial life is at least as diverse as life here on Earth, perhaps moreso. Some of these beings are extremely advanced and intelligent, with technology beyond our comprehension. The primary barrier we face is one of communication, but I believe we have a solution. Allow me to show you something."

The colonel stood up and swung the President's portrait out from the wall. Now that he had done so, Kathryn could see hinges on its left side, though the portrait itself and the colonel blocked her view of whatever was behind it. Still, the sound of something spinning back and forth made it apparent that there was a safe there. Colonel Everett removed something, then closed the safe and the portrait. He was carrying a large black thermos and a pair of tongs. He sat down once more and placed the thermos on the desk, then unscrewed the top and placed it on the desktop. Within the thermos was a hot, bubbling liquid.

"What I'm about to show you may be alarming, but do not be afraid," said Colonel Everett. He reached into the thermos with the tongs and pulled out the strangest, most terrifying thing Kathryn had ever seen. It had a long, snake-like body, but its head had four extremely thin membranous wings that spread out in all directions. It writhed as it turned towards Kathryn and opened its mouth, revealing four very sharp teeth that stuck out straight towards her. It let out a hissing noise.
OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss for seeing the creature is 1/1d8. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If you succeed at that roll, you go temporarily insane, but if you fail, you may act freely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Compared to what she has been through previously, this Ripley - thingy with wings, is no biggie. "You got one, sweet." She recollects herself. "Alright Sir, now you´ve proven your point. Put that away, please. You said there are aliens we can communicate with. How - radio?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the inner office-
"But this is how we can communicate with them," said Colonel Everett. "This is a very special creature, different from the ones we were speaking about earlier. She - this one is a female of the species - is extremely intelligent, but her kind does not communicate the way Earth creatures do. She is a symbiotic organism. Her kind may look frail and small, but she makes up for it with a mind far superior to our own and her unique abilities. Earth is an extremely inhospitable environment for these beings, but they possess the ability to join with many other species - including humans. If she were to have a suitable host, they would be able to communicate directly by sharing thoughts. They would be able to share voice too, so that they could communicate with others by speaking. Can you see the possibilities?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Being in the communications business Kathryn sees this as a possibility... but facing the reality of hosting an Alien species is staggering. "Host? Who would do that? You sir? We couldn´t force anyone to host that thing."
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”