IC-GOLD-Promotion(Kathryn McCoy only)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Promotion(Kathryn McCoy only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the inner office-
"No, of course we can't," said Colonel Everett. "It's a monumental decision. I would be willing to do it myself, but she does not consider me an acceptable host, and her reasons are unfathomable to me. Perhaps she only wants a female host." The alien creature stared at Kathryn with her beady black eyes, her needle-sharp teeth pointed at her. "I think she likes you, though. I don't know if you would be willing, but please consider it. There really isn't anyone else I can trust with this who would agree to such a thing. These beings have considerable knowledge and power. In the wrong hands, it could be a disaster. A poor choice of host could doom us all. But I trust you, if you wish to take that step."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sir, respectively no, sir. I can not see myself as hosting that...thing. Neither do I think we should. Better incinerate that specimen. My thoughts." Kathryn now stands up getting ready to leave the room. "Am I dismissed, sir?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the inner office-
"She may be humanity's only hope," said Colonel Everett. "She can also probably understand everything we're saying." He sighed and brought the creature back over to the thermos, lowering it in and opening the tongs.

Then the creature surged out of the thermos and flew across the room towards Kathryn! Luckily, it wasn't moving very fast.
OOC,Since you both have DEX 14, you'll need to roll initiative to see who goes first. The creature got a 95, so if you get 94 or less on 1d100, you may act now. If you get 96 or higher, you must wait for the creature to act first. If you get exactly 95, please roll another 1d100 and I'll roll again for the creature.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Backing up to the door, Kat makes a split decision to bolt though the door.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
Kathryn threw open the door and darted back into the outer office. The flying creature pursued her only a short distance behind, following her before she could close the door behind her.

"Hold absolutely still, Lieutenant!" called Colonel Everett. He hurried around his desk and over to the door. "She's attracted to movement! And whatever you do, don't open the hall door! We can't let her get loose!"
OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b], it's your turn to act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

McCoy having been ambushed in this way by Col Everett doesnt´t believe a Word he says. She sees the alien follw her closely. In the run she turns and prepares a back hand swing at the pursuing entity. The hours at the squash qourt make this maneuver quite natural. Albeit the target is a bit larger than ususal.

Attack:
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
The flying creature darted aside, avoiding Kathryn's swing, but at least she distracted it enough to throw off its aim. It darted past her and turned around for a second pass.

Colonel Everett raced across the office and seized Kathryn in his powerful grip. "I said, hold still," he hissed. "Are you trying to provoke her?"
OOC,Your turn, [b]Kathryn[/b]. You may attempt to parry the Grapple with a Grapple of your own. The base chance is 25%. You may also attempt to Dodge, but you may not then attack if you try. Whether your defense succeeds or fails, you may then act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Feeling the grip grow tighter, Kat tenses up and tries to wrangle out of Everett´s grip. Not losing focus on the evasive flying wasp, she punches at it again, the aim is dead on. "Don´t you touch me!", she screams at Col Everett, Eyes ablaze with hate for being cornered in more than one way in the confined space.

OOC:
Spoiler:
McCoy has 35% in grapple dodge, that was high enough. A couple of good rolls here! The fist attack ought to be a critical success or an impale. Crossing fingers.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Unfortunately, [b]Kathryn[/b] does not have any points in Grapple, so she only has the base skill of 25%. That attempt failed to dislodge the colonel, but the punch is a good hit. Punches are not impaling attacks, and for a critical success you would need to roll 5 or less. If you had Martial Arts you could do extra damage on higher rolls than that, but you only have the base of 1% there.
In the outer office-
Colonel Everett maintained his iron grip on Kathryn, but she was able to swing her fist and connect solidly with the alien that was flitting around her. She did it some serious damage, but not enough to polish it off. Still, she could see that it was fragile and very vulenerable to injury. A couple more solid hits would be able to finish it.

However, Kathryn was vulnerable too. The horrid thing swooped in on her and plunged its sharp teeth into her neck! The pain was intense, though she was not seriously injured. That was not the worst of it, though. To Kathryn's horror, the thing wriggled and burrowed its way into her flesh. Colonel Everett pinned her against the wall and clamped a hand over her mouth to stifle her involuntary scream. His look darkened as his eyes met hers. "Do not struggle, my dear," he whispered. "It will hurt less if you do not resist." She was helpless to do anything but stare as it vanished into her, its tail whipping back and forth before it too entered her. She felt sick to her stomach, and then an intense pain shot through her head.
OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 1d4+1/2d10+1. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea, and you must fail that roll to avoid temporary insanity. Also, please make a Resistance Table roll pitting your POW of 17 against the alien's POW of 21. This gives you a 30% chance of success. Only if you do not go insane and succeed at the Resistance Table roll may you act, but you are still being held fast. You can no longer attack the alien, as it is inside you now, but the colonel is a valid target. However, you cannot try to punch him, as he is pinning your arms.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Action redacted
Spoiler:
OOC:
Spoiler:
Sloppy reading of the char sheet on my part. Mixed up dodge/grapple while checking skill values. Darn!
The situation puts Kat back in the barn alongside Gardner. Now, however the situation is doubled by the dual distress she´s walked into. By escaping to that place, she remains partially focused. Hearing Col Everett speak to her over rides the feeling of the worm inside of her. She brings up a knee at the weak part of her human assailant. The momentum is fine but the knee fails to connect properly.

Kick:
Spoiler:
Is there a possibilty to get a slight bonus on kicking an opponent who is basically standing in front of you? Just asking....
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There's no bonus to "hit." Your knee will make physical contact, but the attack roll is to see if you can get enough force behind it to do damage. It's not easy to generate that kind of force without room to maneuver. Also, you forgot to make the Resistance Table roll. Please do that. If you fail that roll, the kick doesn't happen at all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the outer office-
Kathryn tried to bring up her knee into Colonel Everett's crotch, but her muscles no longer responded to her. Agony shot through her brain as she fought for control over it with the monster in her head...fought, and lost. She could still see everything that was happening, though her vision faded slightly, as if she were watching through a thin sheet of gauze. She could still hear, and her other senses worked. But she was powerless to do anything as the alien entity within her violated her mind. It was almost unbearable, and in spite of all her terrifying ordeals to get to this point, she knew with a certainty that this was the absolute worst thing that had ever happened to her, the worst thing that possibly could happen. Back when Gardner had had her, she had thought that nothing could be worse than rape, but now she knew that she had been wrong. She would have been better off dead. She would have been better off had she never been rescued from Gardner and was still his captive, subject to his cruel desires. For Gardner could only possess her body, but he could never have her mind. This presence in her head had both of them firmly in its grasp, and it was far, far crueler than Gardner could ever be...
OOC,I'd like for you to play both [b]Kathryn[/b] and the alien queen inside her from this point on. [b]Kathryn[/b] won't be able to do much other than think, though there are subtle ways for her to influence the alien. Playing the alien is a big challenge, but I think you're up to it. When you interact with other PCs, you'll have to be careful not to let on that [b]Kathryn[/b] isn't herself, and you may find yourself working in opposition to them. Don't start posting for the queen yet, as there's a lot of information I'll have to give you before you can even think about doing that. You'll need to know about her powers and abilities, her motivations, and her vast knowledge first. It'll take me some time to put all of that together for you, and there's a good chance I won't be able to finish it on Sunday, in which case it will need to wait until next weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:
Spoiler:
Sure thing, I´m looking forward to play the villain. Sadly, Kat doesn´t.
Within, Kat screams, "Noooooooooo!" As she drifts off in a daze. A Dream it must be a bad dream, like the one she always had had on the summers at her uncle´s farm. She goes to that place, up in the barn where she could be alone. Safe from it all.
Everything.
Gone.
Just echoes of what had been.
A spider crawling up the panel of the ill built barn. Falling down on the back of her neck.
The pain when it bit her.
Warren Airforce Base.
Warren - a place to get lost in, that´s where she´s at. It now becomes clear to her that she had entered that rabbit hole.
Kat let her senses go, surrendering.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Darkness, Kat only sees darkness. What seems to be blacker than black is shades of grey in layers over an obsidian background. She can make out the dark grey form that must be Colonel Everett.

The grey gets eaten by the black.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm sorry for the delay in continuing this thread, but it's going to take me some time to assemble the huge information dump you'll need. I'll try to get that done this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:
Spoiler:
No worries, I just wanted to put some lines down for everyone of my characters. I don´t mind waiting as I know I keep the players in my games do a lot of waiting...
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn McCoy dwindles down even deeper in the black abyss.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I haven't forgotten about getting you the information you need, but it's going to be at least a couple of weeks before I have a chance to compile it all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Her mind goes back to the control tower. "This is NSP Seven-Eight-Romeo to tower. Do you copy? Over."
Kat feels the heavy breathing of Corporal Anthony Gardner down her neck. "Can this get any worse?" she had thought to herself at that moment. Now, she knows that it sure could.

Not being in control is very much so worse.

The being is probing her every memory. Gleaning at every secret. Finding all the dark places she has hidden away, way far back in her forgotten abyss called self.

Escaping the scene in the tower, Kat feels her *self* leaving the body and moving towards the ceiling.
Below, Gardner, McCoy, Flynn and Alvarez can be seen.
Then only Dawkins in her perch on the roof.

Back to the office at WAFB.
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”