IC-OMAHA-Warpath(Megan/John/Gretchen/Jerome/Samuel/Jimmy)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Warpath(Megan/John/Gretchen/Jerome/Samuel/Jimmy

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel curses and coves him, looking for some sign of an assailant coming out of the building. He'll shoot first, ask questions later, if they so much as look hostile.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
There was no sign of any movement, from the warehouse or elsewhere, apart from John Lake. The DEA agent moved down the alley and soon reached the end of it, where he disappeared around the corner. He was on his way back when everyone felt the ground shake briefly. The tremor was fairly gentle, not powerful enough to do any damage, and was over within seconds.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kowalski stays at the front of the warehouse and covers the boarded up doorway as well as the garage door with his revolver. If someone tries to get out that way, he´ll be ready.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
John Lake returned. "The alley out back is clear," he said, "but the back door is gone and the doorway is boarded up, just like the front. We could get in through either or both of those entrances with some effort, but it'll make noise. Was that an earthquake I just felt?"

"Did it move for you too?" said Gretchen in a lightly teasing tone. John blushed, and she giggled.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Might been a quake... With all these thing happening that won´t surprise me." Kowalski closes in on the barricaded front door. He points at it and tries some of the boards to see if they are loose.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
The doorway had been boarded up pretty securely. Whoever had done it knew what they were doing. It could be forced open with some effort, however.

Officer Jerome Hooper shook his head and motioned for Jimmy to move away from the door.
OOC,The boards have a STR of 15. Up to two people can try at the same time, combining their STR scores on the Resistance Table. You have only a 25% chance to do it by yourself. If you want to enlist someone's aid, let me know who. If it's an NPC, you'll need a Fast Talk roll to convince whoever it is that it's a good idea. If it's a PC ([b]Samuel Kensington[/b]), his player will have to agree with you. Laraqua hasn't posted in a long time, but I'll wait to give her a chance. This thread isn't in sync with another thread in this section that you're both in, so I'll want to slow this one down anyway until that one catches up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jimmy backs away from the doorway and waits.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Hide,Samuel has SWAT training so can I make an Idea or Know roll to figure out the best way to proceed into a fortified building?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jerome Hooper/Samuel Kensington,No need to roll, I'll just give this to you since you've been specifically trained for it in SWAT. There are two main ways to breach a building: stealth entry or dynamic entry. Stealth relies on the suspects not even knowing you've entered until it's too late. It doesn't seem very feasible here, as the front and back doors are boarded up, and it will be hard to remove them quietly. There are also the large bay doors, but they are most likely locked and would make noise when opening manually. WIth dynamic entry, making noise doesn't matter. In fact, you often want to make loud noises to disorient whoever may be inside. The key to dynamic entry is speed and surprise. If you move quickly enough, you can overwhelm the suspects before they can react. SWAT teams have a portable battering ram, which [b]Jerome[/b] is carrying. That should be able to smash through the boards, especially since there is no actual door backing them up. It may be possible to burst in through both the front and back doors simultaneously if you have a way to synchronize your actions, but that would be difficult with no electronics working.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We'll need to make a dynamic entry," said Samuel. "Be as loud, terrifying and in charge as we can. Jerome can smash in through one set of the boards. Be best if we could come in from both ways. Maybe if we had a bell or something? In this silence, anything could be heard far and wide. Not quite as good as the first thing they hear being the boards busting, but it's best if we can take two sides at once. Jerome can take Megan and John. I'll take Gretchen and Jimmy." He looks around for something that could help jemmy the boards to give him an edge against the boards as he doesn't have his own ram.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sounds like a good plan.", Kowalski says and grips his revolver in a double hold.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The other thread is still a little behind, so I have to wait a little longer for it to catch up before I update.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%. If you have a Kevlar helmet, this roll has a -5 penalty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel [url=p://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3470519/]hears[/url] it.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Samuel Kensington,[b]Samuel[/b] heard a faint sound from deep in the warehouse that might have been muffled gunfire. There were also footsteps in the distance behind the boarded up doorway, again fairly faint. He was lucky to have heard them at all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Now or never, I hear gunfire, let's go, teams, into positions," says Samuel, then breaks into a run to his self-assigned doorway. "People, with me, let's get this open!"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
"I'll give you time to get into position," Jerome told Samuel as he readied his portable battering ram. Megan and John stood on either side of him, and John had his gun in hand. Jimmy and Gretchen followed Samuel down the alley between the warehouses, weapons drawn.

In the alley-
Samuel, Jimmy, and Gretchen raced down the alley. The alley that ran behind the warehouses was visible up ahead.
Samuel Kensington,[b]Samuel[/b] could hear the sound of metal on wood coming from behind the warehouse, as well as the faint sounds of more gunfire, if that's what it was.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel keeps on going.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Keeping pace with Samuel, Jimmy continues to the back entrance.
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”