IC-SWORD-Deadly Mission(Katarina/Julie/Strike Force Alpha)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Deadly Mission(Katarina/Julie/Strike Force Alph

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina itches at the thought of being re-captured -- her hatred clashing against her growing cravings. How long since they had forced those drugs on her? She was going into Withdrawals. All the panic and confusion had pushed it from her mind but being here right now is making it all come flooding to the fore. "I find place to hide," she says, quickly finding a suitable spot.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Get me a bullhorn!" barked Major Harris.

"We don't have one, sir," said Lt. Rebecca Doolittle, "but you can use the chopper's loudspeaker. I'll get it set up for you."

"Good enough." The major followed her into the helicopter cockpit.

Katarina took cover behind the helicopter, where Catherine was working on the engine. Julie joined them there, but she kept peeking out and giving her position away.

Soon the gray pickup truck got close enough to the plateau that everyone could see it. It started rolling around the edge of the plateau at the base of the cliff, towards a slope on the right side that would allow it to eventually reach the top.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by Misfit »

Kevin's trigger finger was itching, Major, let me know when I can fire sir.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Hold your fire, Osbourne," replied Major Harris tersely. "Do not fire without my express order unless fired upon."

The rest of Strike Force Alpha took up defensive positions with their weapons ready. As the truck started up the slope, the plateau blocked Kevin's view of it. It did not become visible again until it crested the lip of the plateau. The vehicle was a Ford pickup truck painted steel gray with swastika emblems on it. It looked like it nothing so much as a historically inaccurate German vehicle in a World War Two movie. It contained three shaven-headed men in militaristic uniforms. One was in the bed of the truck with an M16. The one in the shotgun seat also held an M16. There was a young woman with black hair seated in the middle seat.

"This is the Major Nelson Harris of the United States Air Force," came an amplified voice from the helicopter's loudspeaker. "Do not approach any closer!"

The driver stopped the truck and got out. He had a cavalry saber and a pistol on his belt. "I'm Lieutenant Joshua Stuart of the Aryan Brotherhood Armed Forces," he said. "This area is under our protection. What are you doing here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Kevin watches the armed men closely through his scope waiting for one to make a wrong move.
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Kevin watches the armed men closely through his scope waiting for one to make a wrong move.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"That information is classified," replied Major Harris through the loudspeaker. "This is public land, and we have every right to be here."

"As do we," said Joshua. "We should work together to increase our chances for survival. Do you know anything about what's been happening in the last day?"

"No more than you. Have you received any new arrivals since the recent events started?"

"Only Tricia here." He motioned back to the woman in the pickup truck. Then he looked around at the armed people, including Kevin, who were watching them. "I'd advise you and your troops not to take any rash actions. If anything happens to me and mine, it will mean war, and you're not prepared for one. You aren't the only one with a sniper."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"How do we know you're not bluffing?" replied Major Harris. "We haven't seen any sniper."

"No, and he wouldn't be much good if you had," said Joshua. "He's there. If you decide to call by firing the first shot, he'll fire the second - and it will be lethal. Having trouble with your bird, Major?"

"That's none of your business."

"Come on, I saw someone back there working on the engine - not to mention those other lovely ladies. Tell them not to be so shy. They should come out where we can see them."

"Sir," said Staff Sergeant Larry Dauterive, "let me talk to this guy. I think I can make some headway."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Go ahead," said Major Harris.

Dauterive approached Joshua with his arms raised, empty palms outward. "I just want to talk," he said loudly with a Louisiana drawl. When he was next to Joshua, he lowered his voice, and they conversed quietly.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen. If you're wearing a helmet, there is a -5 penalty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
Katarina was able to hear some of what Dauterive and Stuart were discussing. Airman Osbourne was too focused on watching the strangers to pay attention to what anyone was saying.
Catherine Rourke and Katarina Iliescu,"My name is [b]Staff Sergeant Larry Dauterive[/b], sir," whispered [b]Dauterive[/b]. "I share your views about the inferior races." "How do I know you're not just saying that?" asked [b]Joshua[/b]. "You don't, but it's the truth, sir. I'm not the only one, either...is one of us too, and there are more back at our base." "Okay, I believe you." "I have a proposal for you." "I'm listening." "You're right, the chopper is damaged, but it can be fixed...In the meantime, this unit...There's a window...If you can..." "Hmm." [b]Joshua[/b] stroked his chin. "That could result in casualties." "It might, but if they have any sense...If not, you've got...shift the odds. They're not all...Two of those..." "Why should we take the risk?" "This force is here on a mission that's...They think a couple...are on their way to...or that they've already done it. If we...before they have a chance to...they'll just be...We've lost a number...and we can't afford to. This is already the edge of...And the potential benefits...I don't know if you noticed, but..." "Oh, I noticed, but [b]Tricia[/b] is the only girl..." He smiled at her, and she smiled back. "Yeah, but I bet the other guys you're with..." "Oh, yeah," said [b]Ralph[/b], licking his lips. "I'd love to...Especially that redhead. I never seen anyone that gorgeous." "She'd be the general's type," said [b]Joshua[/b], "and he'd...But I still don't know about this." "You'd also..." said [b]Larry[/b]. "All you gotta do is...back down, withdraw to your compound...But you'd have to do it quick." [b]Joshua[/b] smiled. "I like the way you think. With luck, we can do this without firing a shot." A chill ran down [b]Katarina[/b]'s spine. At least one of the men had apparently seen her and was eyeing her.
Joshua raised his voice. "Okay, we're leaving!" he announced. "If you leave us alone, we'll leave you alone."

"Agreed," said Major Harris from inside the helicopter.

Stuart got back into the pickup truck while Kevin tracked him through his rifle's scope. Then he kept it under observation as much as possible as it turned around and headed back down the trail to the base of the plateau.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
Major Harris emerged from the chopper and called Dauterive over. "How did you pull that off?" he asked.

"I just convinced him we're all in this together, sir," he said. "It took some doing, but he saw it wasn't in his interest to start an unnecessary firefight."

"Well, good job, Sergeant. I'm putting you in for a commendation when we get back to base."

"Thank you, sir."

"You'll probably get a promotion too - especially considering the casualties we've taken in the last 24 hours."

Behind the helicopter, Catherine continued working on the repairs to the helicopter's engine. Julie hugged Katarina. "Oh, thank God that's over!" she exclaimed. "I thought we were all doomed."

We may yet be, Katarina couldn't help thinking.

"Sir, the vehicle has returned to the compound," reported Airman Kevin Osbourne. "They're letting it through the gate, and it's heading for a big building in the center."

Major Harris nodded. "Probably their command center. They're going to report back to their leader."

"They're getting out of the vehicle and entering the building now."

"Keep your eyes open. Don't forget to look at the surrounding terrain too. We don't want any surprises coming at us from another direction while we're looking north."

"Yes, sir."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. If you're wearing a helmet, there is a -5 penalty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina almost tripped in her eagerness to reach the Major's side. "Sir? Sir? I ... sir, but I need to speak to you please for a moment alone. Please ... come here." Her voice strained around the word please. She sounds close to tears. "Sir.... There's something you don't know."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
Major Harris walked over to Katarina. "Yes, ma'am, what is it?" he asked.
OOC,[b]Katarina[/b], please don't forget to make that Spot Hidden roll, with the -5 penalty from your helmet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina is too distracted to see anything. "Dauterive lied," she said in a stage whisper, too upset to really try to couple quietness with her urgency. "He make plans with skinhead, say he like them, say that we weak and easy taken down, talk of take down this unit as there a window while chopper is damaged, and man wonder if might cause casualties and he say that they could shift odds in they favour and we won't fight and he mention who we looking for and there no reason to do that but to hurt us. It wasn't just him lying to make them believe him because why mention who we looking for? He offer me and Tricia to sweeten deal and he tell them how to make plan to do it and they withdraw then he mumble and I can't hear but how if they lucky they won't need fire a shot." She squares her shoulders and takes out her M9 9mm automatic. "I not be sweetener!"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Are you sure you heard right?" asked Major Nelson. "I haven't noticed anything odd about his behavior."

"I couldn't hear a thing," said Julie. "The noise of the repair work was too loud."

"I heard snatches of it too, sir," said Catherine Rourke. "Don't worry, Katarina, we won't let anything happen to you."

"All right, everyone stay calm," said the major. "I believe you. I'll place Dauterive under arrest right now and prepare our defenses. What's the ETA on the repairs?"

"At least another hour, sir."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Maybe we should run?" asked Katarina.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"No, that would mean abandoning both the mission and the helicopter," said the major. "We'd be stranded hundreds of miles from safety, and the base would lose yet another helicopter. We've already lost too many in the last day, and we can't afford to lose this one. If we don't return with it, no more will be sent out on anything but patrols around the base. It was difficult enough to convince the CO to authorize using this bird on our mission. Now that we've identified the traitor in our midst, we can neutralize him. After we've done that, we will be able to hold this position until the repairs are complete. We have the high ground."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"We should kill him," said Katarina, a dark look in her eyes. "He will be trouble if he lives."

"We don't operate that way, ma'am," said the major. "Rourke, keep up the repairs. The sooner you finish, the sooner we have a way out. I'm tempted just to abort the whole mission at this point."

"But Lara..."

"I said I'm tempted to. I haven't made a decision yet. We'll see what the situation is when the chopper's operational. First things first." He drew his sidearm and walked out from behind the helicopter, Katarina and Julie following with pistols in their hands.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
High Ground
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”