IC-SWORD-Deadly Mission(Katarina/Julie/Strike Force Alpha)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Deadly Mission(Katarina/Julie/Strike Force Alph

Post by Misfit »

Kevin gets out of the helicopter and drops down in a prone position and starts scanning for enemies.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
One by one, the members of Strike Force Alpha and the civilians who were along with them got out of the helicoper. So did the pilot and co-pilot after they shut down the engine. They began looking over the craft as the rotors gradually wound down.

"Let's see if we can get eyes on the compound," said Major Harris, nodding when he saw Kevin setting up and looking through his scope. "It's about a mile to the north."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
Kevin peered towards the compound through the scope. "I see movement, sir," he reported. "There's dozens of the guys in the compound, in some sort of paramilitary uniforms. Shaven heads. All of them armed. Looks like a lot of them have AK-47s, and I see some grenades too. No sign of any women. There are vehicles parked there, gray in color. I see a couple of pickup trucks and a panel van. Looks like they've spotted us too. I see a couple of them pointing in this direction."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We should go back in chopper, come back later," said Katarina hastily. She looked over at the helicopter. "There minigun on it?" she asked hopefully.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"There are machine guns, ma'am," said Major Harris, "but if we pull out now, we're talking hours of delay getting back to base, refueling, and coming back here. There's a good chance we'd be too late to catch our targets and help your friend Lara. Plus, it looks like we've already alerted them. They'll be watching more carefully from now on."

Lt. Rebecca Doolittle examined the helicopter. "We shouldn't take off yet anyway," she said. "I can't tell how much damage there is from the landing. I wish I could say otherwise. I don't want to stick around any longer than I have to."

"Let me take a look, ma'am," said Gary Simpson, heading over to join Rebecca. He leaned over her shoulder and poked around inside the engine. He shook his head. "I wouldn't try to take off on this if I were you. Damned if I can fix it."

"What?" said Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez. "Move aside, Airman, let me see." She took one look and frowned. "I'm not even touching it. I'd probably only make it worse."

"If you'll allow me," said Julie. "I've never worked on aircraft before, but engines are engines, and I know a bit about them." Major Harris nodded, and she examined it. "I'd better not after all."

Jessica motioned for Marcus to come over, but he knew just enough to know he shouldn't tinker with it.

"Sir, I'm not a bad mechanic," said Kevin.

"No, I need you on watch," replied Major Harris. "Keep an eye on the compound and report anything unusual."

"Yes, sir. The guys who pointed our way are going over to a building and talking to two more guys outside it. They've got M16s. Now they're going inside, and the guys who told them are splitting up and heading to other parts of the compound."

Julie shivered. "You mean we're going to be stuck here?" she asked.

"Maybe we should just risk it and take off anyway," said Rebecca.

"No," said Major Harris. "There's barely enough fuel to get back to base. If there's a leak, or if anything goes wrong, you'll never make it back. We've lost too many choppers yesterday, and we can't afford to lose this one too."

"I'll take care of it," said Catherine confidently. She looked at the engine. "Yeah, there's some damage, all right. I can fix it, but it'll take me a couple hours."

"A couple hours?!" said Julie. "I don't think we'll have that long!"

"Relax, ma'am," said Major Harris. "We're more than capable of holding this position."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina sniffs nervously.

Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Kevin draws his scope down looking for any sign of the nazi pair and the girl.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Don't worry," Catherine said to Katarina as she started working on the engine, "I'll protect you."

"Look on the bright side," said Major Harris. "If we find and retrieve our targets within the next couple of hours, we won't have to wait here until evening when the chopper returns."

Kevin continued to observe through his scope.
Kevin Osbourne,After a few minutes, [b]Kevin[/b] saw the two men come back out of the building. Accompanying them were another man in a similar uniform with a woman on his arm. This man had on a cap and carried no rifle, but there were a pistol and a sword on his belt. Everything about his bearing screamed officer. The woman was very pretty, with dark hair, and in her twenties. She wore a short black skirt and a white blouse. He couldn't make out more details from this distance. This was the only woman he had seen in the entire compound the whole time he had been watching.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Major Harris, I've got what looks to be some sort of officer in the compound with a girl. He has a pistol and a sword but no rifle and she has dark hair with a white shirt and black skirt. She appears to be hot and in her twenties. She is the only female I have seen int he compound so far.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina shudders at the reference to a woman in the compound being 'hot'.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Keep your eyes on that officer, Osbourne," said the major. "I know you can't hear what he's saying and you probably can't read his lips from here, but try to suss out what he's doing and what he commands others to do." He shifted his attention to Julie and Katarina. "His description of the girl match your friend Lara Voronova?"

"Dammit!" moaned Catherine, tinkering with the engine. "The landing was rough, but it shouldn't have caused this much damge. You guys must have screwed it up when you were trying to fix it."
Kevin Osbourne,[b]Kevin[/b] saw the officer speak briefly with the men who had initially approached the building after they exchanged salutes. He glanced over in the plateau's direction, seeming to look right at him. Then he said something to the men, took the young woman's arm, and walked her over to a gray pickup truck parked outside the building, followed by the two men with M16s who had originally been standing guard outside it. The officer opened the driver's door and helped the lady inside, where she slid over to the middle seat. He got behind the wheel while one of the riflemen opened the passenger door and climbed into the shotgun seat. The other one got into the pickup's bed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Major, The officer, the girl and two henchman with m-16's are on the move. They are getting in a grey truck right now.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, that not sound like Lara," said Katarina.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Well, if it's not Lara," said Major Harris, "there's nothing we can do about her."

"You mean you'll just leave that girl in there?" asked Julie.

"We're a small team, ma'am. We're not equipped to take on a hundred or more heavily armed guys. Besides, for all we know, she could be there of her own free will."

"For all we know, she isn't!"

"It's not within our mission parameters. If it were Lara, maybe we could find a way to rescue her through stealth. It would be highly risky, but we'd do what we could. Since it's not, there's nothing to gain." He turned to Kevin. "Let's see where they go."

Julie looked away in disgust.
Kevin Osbourne,The pickup truck moved south, in the direction of the plateau, and stopped in front of a gate in the compound's perimeter fence. Guard towers flanked the gate on either side. [spoiler][b]Kevin[/b], please roll Spot Hidden. Your helmet gives you a -5 penalty.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"They treat white American women well," said Katarina with a sad little shrug. "It is possible. You need be careful."

Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Major, the grey truck is leaving through the gate in our direction. There are guard towers on either side of the gate and there's something else as well...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Something else?" asks Katarina in a small voice.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the plateau-
"Keep the officer in your sights, Osbourne," said the major. "Don't fire without my authorization, though. Rourke, keep working on the chopper." He glanced at Katarina and Julie. "You two better stay near her, just in case. The rest of you, set up a defensive perimeter."

"Sir, we may be able to keep things peaceful," said Staff Sergeant Larry Dauterive. "We should try to negotiate with these guys. We don't want to start a war in our current situation."

"Yes, Sergeant, I'm well aware of that."
OOC,The roll failed. You don't see anything else.
Kevin Osbourne,A couple of uniformed guards inside the gate opened it up, and the truck rolled through and continued heading south towards the plateau. The guards shut the gate after the vehicle left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Major, the grey truck is leaving through the gate and is on it's way in our direction.

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”