IC-OMAHA-Dawn(Everyone else)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Dawn(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 7:00 AM Central Time - Brooks High School, Omaha, Nebraska
In the cafeteria-
The students, faculty, staff, and visitors at Brooks High School were all finishing their breakfast in the cafeteria, with a few exceptions. Kyle Rogers was still locked up in the security office, guarded by Jerry Law, and Chester Johnson was on lookout and EMP device maintenance duty on the roof. Dawn had just broken on a new day. Last night, Stephanie Bridges and Elijah Smith had completed the second EMP device. It was now loaded onto the old school bus, which Donald Woodridge and a few others had managed to get working again and to reinforce by welding steel plates to it. Last night they had also held a dance to celebrate in the gymnasium. The lovely Dr. Liz Somerville, looking amazing in a black strapless dress, had danced with Chester Johnson by the romantic candlelight, while Stephanie and Adam Donnelly had grown closer. Teresa Vazquez had gotten fancy clothes from the wardrobe for the occasion, and Stephanie had selected a fetching turquoise dress that she was wearing again this morning.

"Everything is all ready to go," she said, addressing the assembled people as Detective Gretchen Ehrlich and Special Agent John Lake returned. They had three men with them. Two of them were police SWAT officers: Jerome Hooper and Samuel Kensington. They were decked out in full tactical gear, with Kevlar body armor and helmets obscuring their features. Jerome bore an M16, while Samuel toted an MP5 submachine gun. The other man was a civilian, Jimmy Kowalski, who had spent the previous night at the police station. "Oh, hello! Welcome back, and help yourselves to some grub. Is there any news about Erica?"

"I'm sorry, but we don't know anything more," said Gretchen. "We do have an idea of where she might be, though. Actually, that's part of why we're here. We were also hoping that Officer Kate Wheeler had returned."

Rachel Cohen shook her head. "I'm sorry," she said. "There's no trace of her or any of the people who went with her. I can't help but feel responsible. Erica was with me when she was taken hostage, and I didn't go with Kate to try to rescue her."

"It's not your fault, Rachel. Your job is to protect the scientists. If you had opened fire on those punks, Erica might have been killed. Now there's a chance we might save her. The Marley family has a warehouse about a mile north of the school, and we think that might be where they've holed up with Erica. We think that Officer Wheeler tracked them down, but something went very wrong. We still hold out hope that she's alive too. After we leave here, we're going to check it out. We're looking for volunteers to come with us."

Rachel looked torn. "I'd like to, but I do need to protect the scientists..."

"I understand. I know that most of the people capable of volunteering already went with Officer Wheeler yesterday."

"Most of us won't be staying here much longer," said Principal Lawrence Adler. "We've got the old school bus working again, and we have a second EMP device aboard along with food and supplies. We're planning to evacuate everyone who wants to go to Warren Air Force Base, over 400 miles to the west. At least one person will need to stay behind to look after the first EMP device, and I think it would be more secure if it were transferred to your precinct. We'd also like to turn Kyle Rogers over to your custody."

"Sure. We can do all that after we return...if we return."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Dawn(Everyone else)

Post by Laraqua »

"Could someone draw us a map of the area and any changes to the area to help with this mission?" asks Kensington, scratching his chin. "Anyone get a glimpse inside the building to know what the lay out may have been?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"I'm Becky Clarke, the bus driver," said an obese woman with a shotgun. "I know the city very well, and I can draw you a map. I'll just need the address of the warehouse." Gretchen told her, and she started to sketch the streets of the neighborhood on a napkin with a pen borrowed from one of the teachers. "I'd be glad to come with. Those brats need to pay."

"Unfortuantely," said the principal, "none of us have ever been to this warehouse. The only people who might have never returned. We don't know everything that's changed around here in the past day, but expect a lot of wrecks blocking the roads. It won't be a problem if you're on foot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kowalski finishes his coffee and stands up and paces the cafeteria. "I have nothing better to do and those captives will need all help they can get. I´m on." He looks at Liz Somerville. "Hon, save a last dance for me?" He winks at her and adjusts his jacket, zipping it shut.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald said to the principal, "My place of duty is here... but somehow I don't think I'm going to be seeing any overtime. So I plan on making this trip to the base. If the military still exists, they'll be able to help better protect us from the zombies, and other oddities wandering about these days." He added as an afterthought, "Besides that, if that old bus breaks down on the way, ya'll need me there to help fix it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"Looks like you're going to have a full dance card, Liz," said Stephanie.

Liz laughed sweetly. "I don't even know if we'll be here when you guys get back," she said. "We really ought to hit the road as soon as possible. We need to get to Warren Air Force Base before it gets dark, and it's a very long trip."

"Thank you, Donald," said Principal Adler. "Becky, I appreciate that you want to help them, but we need you too, to drive the bus."

"Oh, all right," said Becky.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"A small, tactical team is our best bet anyway," says Kensington thoughtfully. "The last thing we want is people to be stepping in front of each other. However, is there anyone who's a particularly good shot who can come along? I'd prefer a four-man team, or rather, two two-man teams, if I can."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
He-who-is-Expendable
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by He-who-is-Expendable »

Jerome says gruffly "If none of you know how to fight, would rather go with Kensington here only, if only of the small but appreciated virtue of not screwing things up. but still come on people. if no one else wants to bring the hurt to the Jamaicans, I do. we werent exacly writing love letters back and forth before.....this, and now that the ******* world is set to burn the fact that they choose now to grab our woman and shoot at us pisses me off"
Last edited by He-who-is-Expendable on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"We've already got a four man team if you count me as a man," said Detective Gretchen Ehrlich, smirking. "I may not be SWAT, but I'm cool under fire and I can hold my own - as long as some MIB isn't using freaky Jedi powers on me, that is. We could use some more help, though."

"I'm doing a little better today," said Special Agent John Lake. "I'm nowhere near 100 percent after whatever they did to me, but I'll manage. I'm a great shot with a pistol, and I got a new piece back at the precinct. I've had rifle training too, but they were fresh out of those."

Megan Petrovich came forward. "I'm a National Guard reservist," she said. "I did a tour in Iraq. I was in the motor pool, but I've had combat training. I'm a good marksman with a rifle, but I can use a handgun and a knife too. I'm not too shabby in unarmed combat either. I'll come with you. I don't have any weapons, but I wouldn't say no if someone gave me one."

Alvin Drummond also rose and saluted. The bedraggled old man didn't look like much, but he did carry himself like a soldier. "Sir!" he bellowed. "Private Alvin Drummond reporting for duty, sir! I've been in country for years kicking Charlie's ass, and I'm ready to do it again. I have awards for marksmanship with both rifle and pistol, and I've been trained as a machine gunner. I'll need to requisition new weapons, sir, but I'll help you rescue those hostages from the VC."
Officer Jerome Hooper,Your training ability takes two hours to use, and the plan is to go immediately. You can give someone pointers on the way, but that won't translate into a skill increase in time.
OOC,Anyone may roll Psychology. The base skill is 5%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
He-who-is-Expendable
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by He-who-is-Expendable »

Spoiler:
OOC: would it be alright if I edited that post, keeper? my char would of known he did not have time
Jerome looks at each one of them, trying to descerm who would be the best to bring alon (roll phsyco)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sure, you can edit it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Psychology - succeeds!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3214289/]Psychology (9%) (1d100=4)[/url] If he keeps this up, he might be able to get a better paying job as a psychiatrist.
Donald just listened to the others speak, quietly keeping in mind their supposed strengths. He didn't have any army experience himself, but everyone needed a grease monkey, even the military.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Donald Woodridge,[b]Donald[/b] knew [b]Megan[/b] fairly well and had heard about her experiences in Iraq before. She was holding up all right, considering everything that had happened. [b]Alvin[/b] no doubt was highly skilled as he said and had a lot of experience, but [b]Donald[/b] had noticed that he was becoming increasingly unhinged over the last day. He hadn't been doing too well to start with even before the zombies, as he was homeless. [b]Donald[/b] had seen him hanging around the neighborhood fairly often. He seemed to be thinking that he was back in Vietnam. As long as he kept straight who the enemy was, his skills might be useful and it wouldn't matter if he thought he was killing Viet Cong rather than Jamaicans. However, any further shocks to the system could send him over the edge, and combat might easily result in such a shock.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,corrected
Last edited by kabukiman on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald rose and said, "With all due respect to whomever is selecting this task force... I think perhaps it's better if we keep the private here," he motioned towards Alvin "back here in the home base to protect our headquarters from the Viet Cong."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Jerry[/b] is not in this thread. He is in the thread Guard Duty, as he is currently in the security office watching over [b]Kyle Rogers[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Samuel smiles. "Welcome aboard Megan. I agree with Donald. We don't want to leave the base unprotected. Who knows what might happen?" He means it sincerely enough. The last thing he wants is to turn around and find everyone dead.

OOC: Do we have any guns to hand out? If not, do we know of a gun shop nearby where we could 'requisiton' some?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There were a few gun shops in the neighborhood around the precinct, but all of them were scouted out yesterday evening and had already been picked clean. You can see which weapons everyone has in the Locations and Weapons thread. Any shotguns or rifles carried by anyone in the cafeteria will be visible to you, though handguns and SMGs are not so obvious. You and [b]Jerome[/b] each have a pistol in addition to your primary weapon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Does Donald still have the shotgun he was given last scene?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,He's still holding onto it, though it does belong to [b]Jack Brunner[/b]. [b]Donald[/b] was just borrowing it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”