IC-OMAHA-Dawn(Everyone else)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Dawn(Everyone else)

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko after she awaked, she decide to take her breakfast,
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
Michiko had already gotten up and eaten most her breakfast, and was just finishing now, though she could always ask for seconds.

Becky finished drawing her map of the neighborhood and handed it to Gretchen.

"All right," said Gretchen. "Megan, I'm glad to have you with us. Alvin, Donald is right. We need you to stay here and help protect these people." She looked over her group. "Well, we've got six now. John Lake, myself, the two SWAT officers, Megan, and Jimmy Kowalski. We'd better go now. I don't want to leave Erica Spears in those punks' hands any longer than we have to, and I'm worried about what might have happened to the group that tried to save her yesterday. Come on." She opened the fire door that led outside from the cafeteria and motioned for those who were coming with her to follow.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Wait," Donald said, eyes darting as he tried to follow. "Does that mean I'm not going? Or you mean that's six besides me since I'm not really part of this infiltration group? You are going to need a mechanic if that old bus breaks down."
ooc,Where is Jack Brunner that I might return his shotgun or extend the length of borrowing?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"Actually, we were going to go on foot," said Gretchen. "We don't want to risk anything happening to the bus. So many people are depending on it. Besides, they'd probably hear it coming. We have six people besides you. If you still want to come, you can."
OOC,[b]Jack Brunner[/b] is right here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"No, the mechanic's expertise will be needed here. If that bus breaks down, yes, people will be toasted." Kensington grins. "You're lucky. You're too important to risk."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Lucky... sit around another chapter doing nothing... yee-frickin'-haw.
Donald shrugged and headed over to Jack, "Guess you might be wanting this back. I appreciate the use, but I didn't get to shoot it any. Love me a good shotgun, though."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kowalski is out the door, raring to get a fix of adrenaline, for starters. "Yup posse! Let´s walk out!" He pats his leather jacket at the side pocket where he keeps his revolver. "Time to get wild and crazy.." He holds the door for the rest of the men and women who are headed for the supposed hideout.

"See you guys at the tarmac." He says before letting the door shut and bring up the rear of the posse.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Got any Lockpicking-style skill? Or does that fall under Mechanical Repair (been so long since I played / run it)? If so,you could mention that to get an 'in' to the mission. Or if you can justify why being a Mechanic might help us get into the place, or being a good shot or what-not. Just need an excuse for Kensington!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko join the scientists.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"Hey, Michiko," said Dr. Liz Somerville with a ready smile. "How are you doing this morning?"

"I can fix the bus myself if it breaks down," said Becky to Donald. "If you wanna go, there's nothing stopping you."

"Up to you if you want to come or not," called Gretchen from the door. "But if you're coming, let's get a move on. We've waited too long already."

"Thanks," Jack told Donald. "If you're going with them, though, you'd better hold onto it for a while longer."

Megan, John Lake, and Jerome all went outside with Gretchen and Jimmy Kowalski.

"You have leave to go if you want," Principal Adler told Donald. "We might be gone by the time you get back, however. We need to get everyone who's evacuating aboard the bus. Someone needs to go see Jerry Law in the security office to let him know what's going on and see if he wants to come with. We can't bring Kyle, so we'll need a volunteer to stay and guard him until the police get back and can take him into custody. We'll also need someone to go up to the roof where Chester Johnson is. Someone will need to stay behind and keep the EMP device going too. Later, when the cops get back, they should bring it to the police station. It'll be safer there."

"I'll go up top and take care of the EMP device," said Dr. Helene Saunders.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], whether you choose to stay or go, you won't be sitting around doing nothing for the entire chapter - but you may wish you were... :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"If you all be takin' off in the bus any time soon, then I reckon I should stick with that group. That old bus might need a little sweet love to get her runnin' again down the road." Donald said to Principal Adler.

To Jack, Donald says "I'm a right good shot with the shotgun. When I was young, paw used to take me out hunting. All the same, ain't right to deprive someone of his protection. If you want me to hold on to it until you need it back, I'm ok with that."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I sleeped very well, especially if you see the circunstances. Any way I can help Somerville-San?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Michiko[/b] probably would have said [b]Somerville-sensei[/b], since [b]Liz[/b] is a doctor.
In the cafeteria-
"As long as we're sticking together," Jack told Donald, "you can hold onto my shotgun. I've still got a pistol, and the more of us with guns, the better."

"Well, we're getting ready to leave now, Michiko," said Liz. "Why don't you organize all the students and get them lined up so we can head out to the bus? Then, once we're on there, you can help look after the portable EMP device. That will help ensure a safe journey."

"Okay, everyone," said Principal Adler, standing up. "Let's all head out to the rear parking lot and board the bus. If Jerry Law wants to come with us, does anyone want to volunteer to stay behind and guard Kyle Rogers until the police return? This isn't a decision to be made lightly. You should be safe when you go with them to the police station, but this city is still a mess."

"It's going to get worse, too," said Stephanie. "All of those dead bodies are decaying. They'll draw vermin and result in the spread of disease, and there aren't enough people to get rid of them. Burning the corpses is probably the best bet, but then there's the risk of fires getting out of control. Omaha isn't going to be a very healthy place to live."

Alvin saluted. "Sir, I'm willing to guard the POW!" he said. "That gook won't get away on my watch."

"All right, then," said the principal. "Thank you, Alvin."

Helene walked out into the hall. Alvin followed her.

In the lobby-
Dr. Helene Saunders poked her head in the doorway of the security office. "Jerry?" she said. "The cops and a few civilians have gone off to try to find out what happened to the other group that went out yesterday to track Erica down. When they come back, they said they'd take Kyle off our hands. Almost everyone else is getting ready to evacuate on the bus. I'll be staying behind to make sure the EMP device keeps running. When the cops return, we'll bring it to the police station. Did you want to stay here or get on the bus? If you want to go, we've got someone to replace you on guard duty."

East of the school-
Samuel and Jerome led the way across the school grounds, following Gretchen's directions. John Lake, Megan, and Jimmy went with them. They reached the perimeter fence, which had numerous man-sized holes torn in it. They easily got through them and into the street beyond.
OOC,[b]Megan[/b], [b]John[/b], [b]Gretchen[/b], [b]Jerome[/b], [b]Samuel[/b], and [b]Jimmy[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Warpath
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Thanks Jack," Donald responded to the man. He patted the shotgun and confirmed, "I'll put it to good use, provided the opportunity comes up. Now, let's get to a-movin', shall we?"

He headed on out to the bus.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
Principal Adler organized the adults while Michiko did the same for the students, and everyone moved out through the fire exit in an orderly manner.

In the construction area-
The large group of survivors moved through the construction area to the north, towards the rear parking lot where the bus awaited.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

After finishing to organize the group, Michiko looked at the school. She had come hoping that this school would change and improve her life. It had changed it alright. She just hoped to stay alive int this world.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald did one last check on the bus to make sure everything was good to go before they took off in it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Dr. Helene Saunders[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Her player, if she ever has one, should not read any posts above the one in the link.
First Watch
OOC,[b]Alvin Drummond[/b] and [b]Murray[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Their players, if they ever have them, should not read any posts above the one in the link.
Guard Duty
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Field Trip
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”