IC-OMAHA-Posse(Ron/Heather/Lisa/Brian/Emilio/Kate)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Posse(Ron/Heather/Lisa/Brian/Emilio/Kate)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"He had to rest for a while. He´s in the room" Emilio nods back where they came from. "Now, we´re leaving. You guys open up the back door. If you try anything, you´ll regret it." He keeps the Imgram in Lisa´s direction. "We have the law on our side and you´ll be put in jail if you don´t comply. Officer Wheeler will read your your rights for participating in the abduction of Erica Spears. By association - you are facing a minimum of three months. Be sure to thank your daddy when you join him."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hydroponics room-
"WHAT?!" cried Lisa, gripping her shotgun. "What are you talking about?"

"Emilio, Lisa had nothing to do with kidnapping Erica," said Kate. "She wasn't even there. I know because I was. Leave the threats of arrest to me, please. Lisa, you're not in trouble with the law...unlike Heather here."

"Huh?" said Heather. "But I didn't do nothing!"

"I was there," repeated Kate, gritting her teeth.

"I don't understand," said Lisa. "What happened to my daddy?!"

"Lisa, honey, put down the gun, please. You don't need it any more."

Lisa wasn't having any of it. "What did you do to him?!"

"Lisa, he was going to hurt me. He was about to do something unspeakable."

"No!"

"Lisa, I had to stop him," said Ron. "I couldn't let him do it."

"No, he wouldn't have really done it." Lisa was sobbing. "He just wanted to scare her, like last time." She pointed her shotgun at Ron. "You killed him, didn't you?!"

The ground shook briefly, but the tremor subsided almost as soon as it started. Then a woman's scream came from beyond the door to the rows of storage compartments. It was Erica!

In the storage room-
"What the hell are you talking about?" asked Wesley. "He's dead. He's been dead for several minutes. Look at those wounds. Ain't nobody could survive that. No, what you saw must have been a normal post-mortem reaction. Sometimes recently dead bodies do that. I'm a doctor, I know about these things."

Just then, the ground shook for a second.
OOC,I don't think [b]Brian[/b] or the Jamaicans know that the dead are rising. If you can think of anywhere that it was revealed to them, please let me know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"You really should drop that shotgun.", Emilio points the Imgram at Lisa.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Show,In truth I wasn't really going for the zombie thing as I didn't think [b]Brian[/b] would know about it. More going for the freak out. Corpses move when you carry them unless they're undergoing rigor mortis, the whole limber and loose body thing. I mean, he may not know about the zombies rising, but surely the Jamaicans have noticed the silent apocalypse out there? No television, no radio, no people.... Something's gotta be going on otherwise why did they bunker down so strongly with such a survivalist mentality? The bits I read of Brian earlier seemed less like a hostage biding his time and more the fatalistic outlook of someone who knows there's no hope, no rescue, and no cavalry coming which is unlikely if they've kidnapped a police officer in a thriving city. If I'm wrong, forgive me, but you'll need to give me some more information so I can understand why they're all behaving so strangely. Also, you mentioned earlier in Samuel's thread that all the guns were looted which suggested to me that there's been wide-spread riots which I imagine the Jamaicans would know about so while he might not know about zombies, I'm guessing he realises it's not all business as normal?
"I dunno, man, it's just ... to many corpses for me today," Brian muttered. He didn't know why he was stalling, why he was trying to do ... something. That woman would already be raped, by now. Damage was done. Not like there was anything he could do about it. Still, he really didn't want to pick up that corpse. There was something ... accusatory ... in its eyes. "You a doctor?" he asked lamely, rubbing his hands together, looking more like a shirking kid than anything else.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't worry about it, you're doing fine. Yeah, everyone knows there's an apocalyptic event going on, though the official story is that people have gotten infected by some disease that's transmitted by bites. I think [b]Brian[/b]'s secrets explained what he knew when he entered the story. He actually broke into the warehouse to try to do some looting of his own back towards the end of Chapter 5.
In the hydroponics room-
"Emilio, don't!" cried Kate, but it was already too late.

"YOU KILLED MY DADDY!" screamed Lisa, pulling the trigger on her shotgun. The blast tore into the wall behind Ron's left shoulder.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], if you choose to open fire, you may fire either two single shots (using Handgun skill) or one burst (using Submachine Gun skill, which has a base of 15%). If you fire a burst, decide how many bullets go into it. Each bullet beyond the first adds +5 percentiles to your effecitive skill up to double the base skill, so as long as you fire at least 4, that gives you a 30% chance. You may fire as many as 25, but there are only 32 shots in the magazine. If you hit, roll 1dX, where X is the number of bullets you fired, to see how many hit. Each one does 1d10 damage to its own random hit location. In the event of an impale, only the first bullet does 2d10 damage. All others do 1d10.
In the storage room-
"Yeah-" started Wesley, but he was interrupted by the faint sound of a shotgun blast from below. "Aw, hell!" He raced back downstairs - the pistol was still in his hand from earlier - leaving Brian alone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Wait!" cried Brian lamely, then he looked about for the easiest path to the rear exit with the wooden planks. He just wanted to get out of here.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio responds to the attack by missing his target, letting the two rounds fly over Lisa´s shoulder.

"The next round will connect with your shoulder. That- I promise..."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hydroponics room-
Heather shrieked and fled through the door that led to the stairway going back up.

"Don't shoot her!" cried Kate. "Lisa, honey, put down the gun. You're not a murderer."

Lisa automatically turned her shotgun on Emilio and worked the pump. If she heard Kate, she gave no sign of it. She fired again, missing Emilio by mere inches.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], it's your turn to act now.
In the basement entryway-
Heather rushed into the room just as Wesley came barreling down the stairs with his pistol drawn.

In the entry hall-
Brian exited the storeroom and returned to the hall that ran the length of the warehouse. The front and back doorways were both still boarded up, and he was fairly close to the back door.
OOC,[b]Brian[/b], please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hearing Kate, Emilio lowers the Mac-11 to aim for Lisa´s legs -trying to injure her, not kill her. Of the two shots, one

OOC:
Spoiler:
Didn´t mean to put the d20 in the roll, was about to delete it but hit enter instead...
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Brian fails to hear anything and heads straight for the boarded up doors, hoping that he might be able to slam into them and leave, unless there's some other tool around. He knows he's a dead man if he fails but he just can't stay here much longer with all the gun shots and the rape happening all over the place.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-Posse(Erica/Ron/Heather/Lisa/Brian/Emilio/Kate)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Brian took the crowbar he was carrying and pried desperately at the boards blocking the rear exit, oblivious to all else.
OOC,[b]Brian[/b], please make a Resistance Table roll pitting your STR of 15 against the boards' STR of 15, giving you a 50% chance. If that fails, try a second time, as you're a round behind at this point.
In the basement entryway-
"Hurry, they got loose!" gasped Heather. Wesley rushed past her into the hydroponics room, and she hurried up the stairs.

In the hydroponics room-
Trooper Erica Spears/Ron Moore/Lisa Marley/Emilio Montoya/Officer Kate Wheeler,One of the bullets struck [b]Lisa[/b] in the thigh, and she howled in pain and rage. "No, don't kill her!" shouted [b]Kate[/b]. Then [b]Wesley[/b] burst in from the door to the stairwell, pistol in hand. A second later, [b]Lou King[/b] returned from the hallway outside the storage compartments, propelling [b]Erica[/b] in front of him. He held a .44 Magnum to her head, and his other arm was around her waist. Her arms were still cuffed behind her back. [b]Lisa[/b] corrected her aim and squeezed the trigger one more time. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3475692/]The blast caught [b]Emilio[/b][/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3475722/]full in the chest[/url]. He never even knew what hit him. His bloody body fell to the floor. Without anyone to support them, [b]Kate[/b] and [b]Ron[/b] also toppled. [b]Lisa[/b] gasped, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3475726/]she found that killing a second time was easier than the first[/url]. [b]Wesley[/b] kept his gun trained on [b]Kate[/b], but he held his fire. "Damn, [b]Lisa[/b], you really are your father's daughter," said [b]Lou[/b] with a fierce grin. "Drop your gun and slide it away, [b]Katie[/b] lady, or [b]Erica[/b] gets it." "Don't do it," said [b]Erica[/b]. "Death's better than what's in store for us." [b]Kate[/b] sobbed, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3475734/]she didn't break down completely[/url]. Seeing that she was outgunned and that the situation was hopeless, she surrendered, placing the Desert Eagle on the floor and sliding it across. [i]I've failed,[/i] she thought. [i]I've failed utterly. I'm a terrible cop. I got [b]Emilio[/b] killed because I couldn't shoot [b]Lisa[/b], and now [b]Erica[/b] and I are doomed...[/i] "Good. Now lose the knife, cripple!" [b]Ron[/b] had shed all his tears when [b]Darnell[/b] had been murdered, and he had none left. He put the knife down and slid it away. He knew they'd shoot him if he didn't, and that wouldn't do the ladies any good. Of course, they might just shoot him anyway...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Damn human race, damn it all," mutters Brian, fear giving him strength as he wrenches wood from the walls.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
The light goes out. Darkness. Nothing but darkness and the echoe of a light that had been. Emilio Montoya now rides a red Mustang -78 in the sky.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storage room-
Heather leapt over Darnell's body and ran out into the hall.

In the entry hall-
Brian ripped apart the boards with mad abandon and surged outside. Heather was a short distance behind him.
OOC,[b]Brian[/b] and [b]Heather[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Breach!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hydroponics room-
Trooper Erica Spears/Ron Moore/Lisa Marley/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]Lou[/b] kept [b]Kate[/b] and [b]Ron[/b] covered with his shotgun while [b]Lisa[/b] slumped to the floor and began to cry. [b]Wesley[/b] raced to her side. "Oh, Jah, [b]Lisa[/b], you've been shot!" he exclaimed. [b]Lisa[/b] nodded. "He shot me..." she said, "and I killed him." "You sure did." [b]Wesley[/b] inspected the wound. "You're lucky, it's through and through. I'll take care of it." [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3479832/]He expertly stopped the bleeding, cleaned the wound, and bandaged her leg[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3479834/]She felt a good deal better when he was done[/url]. "Don't hurt them," said [b]Lisa[/b]. [b]Lou[/b] dragged [b]Erica[/b] over to where [b]Kate[/b] and [b]Ron[/b] lay, sliding the Ingram free from [b]Emilio[/b]'s death grip with his foot and moving it away from the two of them. "I sure as hell ought to," he said, peeking into the bunkroom. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3479852/]He recoiled[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3479854/]momentarily[/url]. "I should kill them for what they did to [b]Damon[/b]!" "No!" insisted [b]Lisa[/b]. "If Daddy's really dead, then I'm in charge now. And I say no!" [b]Wesley[/b] continued to dress [b]Lisa[/b]'s wounded leg, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3479856/]he couldn't do anything more for her[/url]. [b]Lou[/b] grunted. "Look, I'm okay with letting the ladies live," he said, "but the cripple's got to go. He's useless. All he'll do is eat our food and kill us if he gets half a chance. Look at him. I'd be doing him a favor by plugging him. And he killed your father!" "I...[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3479940/]I guess so[/url]..." "[b]Lisa[/b], don't!" pleaded [b]Kate[/b]. "[b]Emilio[/b] shot at you first, but this would be murder! Please...you're a better person than that." [b]Lisa[/b] swallowed. "[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3479944/]You're right[/url], [b]Officer Kate[/b]. Nobody dies! That's an order!" She began to reload her shotgun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hydroponics room-
"Search 'em," Lou said to Wesley. "Lisa and I have 'em covered."

Lisa finished reloading her shotgun, and Wesley went over to where Kate and Ron lay.

"Please..." said Kate, looking up at him with tear-filled eyes.

"It's okay," Wesley said. "I won't hurt you." He searched her, but he didn't touch her improperly. He found .50 magazines for Damon's Desert Eagle. He took them and the dropped gun. Next he searched Ron, finding the knife, which he also claimed, and the handcuffs and their key. He cuffed Ron's arms behind his back.

Lou dragged Erica over and grabbed the Mac-11 submachine gun and took the extra magazines from Emilio's corpse. "Okay," he said. "Let's lock these chumps back up in the storage compartments."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hydroponics room-
Lou effortlessly scooped up Kate. She yelped as he slung her over his shoulder and frogmarched Erica back through the door into the hallway outside the storage compartments.

Wesley and Lisa remained in the hydroponics room and kept an eye on Ron.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storage compartment-
Lou shoved Erica into the storage compartment, then pushed Kate in after her. "Don't get too comfortable, ladies," he said with a sadistic grin. "I'll be back before too long." He shut the door, and they heard the padlock click shut.

"Oh, God," moaned Kate, wrapping her arms around Erica and sobbing.

"It'll be all right," said Erica, though she had nothing on which to base this.

In the hydroponics room-
"Please, don't let him hurt Kate and Erica," pleaded Ron.

"Don't worry, I won't," said Lisa.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We are not going to be all right," sniffled Kate. "They're going to rape us over and over and over again. I...I don't think I can take it."

"Oh, Kate," said Erica, holding her tight and brushing a hand through her hair. "We'll survive this, somehow. I was raped once, years ago. When it happened, I thought I would die. I wished I would die. But I survived, and I'm glad I did. We'll find a way to turn the tables on these guys. Until then, we just have to endure."

"I...had no idea, Erica. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Be strong."

In the hydroponics room-
Lisa heard nothing, and neither did Wesley or Lou, who had just returned from the storage compartments. He strode over to where Ron lay. "Your turn, mon," he said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I...I'll try," said Kate.

"Whatever happens," said Erica, "we still have each other. I....there's something else I need to tell you, Kate. I...I lo-"

Whatever she was going to say, the distant sound of gunfire interrupted her.

In the hydroponics room-
Without warning, two armed men in black body armor and helmets rushed into the room. "Police! Get down on the floor now!" shouted the first. "Drop your weapons!"

"Police! Drop your weapons!" yelled the other.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Lisa[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Their players, if they ever have them, should stop reading the current thread at this point and should not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Breach!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”