IC-GOLD-The Wounded(all other male characters)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-The Wounded(all other male characters)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day + 1 - 7:00 AM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the men's ward-
Captain Nils Johansen rested in a bed in the men's ward at the Francis E. Warren Hospital. He and the other men here had been medically cleared to leave quarantine and transferred to the main hospital this morning. Though he was the doctor in charge, he was also a patient, as he had been shot in the leg yesterday and still had much recovery ahead of him. Keith Deeds was in the next bed, still healing from the head wound he had received the other day when he had walked past the quarantine clinic's main entrance and been mistaken for a zombie. In the next bed over, Staff Sergeant Derek Morrison lay. The helicopter crewman had been critically injured in a chopper crash last night, and he was very lucky to still be alive.

In a pair of beds on the opposite side of the aisle, Senior Airman Roger Coltrane and Senior Airman Tom Wu reclined. Though they had not been injured physically, their minds had been severely damaged. Coltrane wore a tinfoil hat that he had crafted himself, which he said would keep the aliens from controlling his mind. He kept going on about them. Wu just shook in fear, paralyzed by a terror that rendered him uselss for duty.

Duncan Jergens, the civilian doctor who had arrived last night in the company of Joey Milano, was working here as well. He and Joey had both been shot the night before, but they had recovered enough to be assigned duties. Joey and his enforcer Alfredo Bocelli, along with Hector Salazar, had been given combat postings elsewhere, while accountant Harvey Bennish had been sent to operations.

Robert was helping out in the hospital too, doing whatever tasks needed doing. Billy Roberts was here as well, trying to calm down Tom Wu.

Lt. Oscar Gomez, the nurse from the quarantine clinic, was working here also. He walked down the aisle and over to the beds where Nils, Keith, and Derek lay. "How are you doing, sirs? Anyone need anything?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-GOLD-The Wounded(all other male characters)

Post by ryansommer »

"I'm doing fine, but I'm rather bored" Keith said, sitting up. "Have we been cleared to help out yet? "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the men's ward-
"I'd like to be up and about too," said Captain Johansen. "I've cleaned and redressed my wound, and I'm feeling a little better. You don't want me lying around here, Gomez. Doctors make the worst patients."

"Sir, you still need to take it easy," said Lt. Gomez, "but you're welcome to help out around the hospital. Some of these guys could use some counseling." He spoke to Keith. "Sir, I appreciate that you want to help too, but you took a bullet in the noggin. You really need another week or so to recover."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"We may not have another week" Keith said. 'Hell, we may not have another day. Look what has happened in just one day. I appreciate your concern but I need to get up and help out."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Keith[/b], please roll Persuade. If that fails, roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Keith Deeds,[b]Keith[/b] knew that he didn't really have the gift of gab, but [b]Melinda[/b] could talk anybody into anything. Unfortunately, she had been assigned to the operations room in the base's HQ. However, his late brother's girlfriend [b]Lisa Crow[/b] was pretty convincing too. She had persuaded [b]Lt. Colonel Carmichael[/b] to allow them onto the base in the first place, and she was right here in this hospital, working in the women's ward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sir," Keith said, "are we free to at least move about the hospital?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the men's ward-
"That's not a problem," said Captain Johansen to Keith. "You want to go visit your mom in the women's ward? Go right ahead."

"I'll go with you," said Duncan Jergens.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Great. Thanks." says Keith. He stands and heads towards the woman's ward.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Keith[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Mental Healing
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”