IC-GOLD-Nerve Center(Melinda/Kathryn/Ho/Cynthia/Ray/Colby)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Nerve Center(Melinda/Kathryn/Ho/Cynthia/Raymond)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I´ll keep an eye on that air space as well as the progress with the prepping." Kathryn comments. Then adds, "Hiking, huh? This is mother of hikes we´re on now. No refunds." She looks over at Charmichael, then back at Fred Proust. "They are filling up the bird real good. Recon tour?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operations room-
"I wish we could still go hiking," said Fred. "I love being out there in the great outdoors. But it's too dangerous now to go out of the base without a good reason. This bird's not going on recon. It has a classified mission. Even I don't know what it is." He glanced at Lt. Colonel Carmichael, who was speaking to someone on his hands-free radio. "I bet he does. He's third in command of this entire base. Got a lot of weight on his shoulders. I wouldn't want his job for anything."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-There is a lot of things we won't be able to do now. Even if we could stop the menace and I don't see how this can be possible now, our world is changed behind recognition.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Cynthia tries her Big Girl smile, which sorta looks out of place on her, but she gives it her best, trying to inject confidence and sophisticatedness and other brilliant ness words. "Hi Harvey! What ya been doin'?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I´ll keep an eye out for them when they take off and make sure things look a-o-k." Kat tries the radio for anything across the bands.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operations room-
The only thing that Kathryn could hear on the radio was local chatter from the aircraft on recon and combat air patrol around the base, just relaying standard operational information. They had nothing unusual to report. Cheyenne was still swarming with the walking dead, though they were starting to spread out. Most of those that wandered off headed for the base's eastern perimeter, which was capable of holding them off. Others headed in various other directions from the dead city.

"I know," said Fred Proust to Melinda sadly. "We'll just have to do what we've been trained to do in the military: adapt, improvise, and overcome. The presence of these infected is something we're going to have to learn to live with. But life will go on. We will still eat and drink. Men and women will still get married, have babies." He shook his head. "We're going to need an awful lot of babies to make up for everyone we've lost in the last day."

"Uh, I'm here to help with logistics," said Harvey shuffling his feet. "I just got here, so they haven't put me to work yet. They've got limited resources here, so we need to manage and ration them carefully. A lot of them, we can't make any more without the infrastructure. Best we'll be able to do is send people out to salvage them, but once they're gone, they're gone." He seemed more confident talking about a subject with which he was familiar. "Joey, Alfredo, and Hector are helping out with defense, and Duncan is working at the hospital with Emily and Lauren. That's all the people I know that are left - plus you guys here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Ohhh yeah, that sounds bad." She scratched her head, not quite sure where to go one from there. "Sooo ... what kinda logistics you talking about?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat tries to conjure up a deck of cards on the computer.
Mr.Handy,Digging some in the directories, maybe finding something useful she´s not supposed to find. The premise is to find a game to play. (If someone should ask her what she´s doing.)
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operations room-
"Resource management, mainly," Harvey told Cynthia. "Ammo, food, people, helicopters. We only have limited amounts of each, like I said. Also getting stuff from where it is to where it's needed. Um, what have they got you doing, Cynthia?"
Kathryn McCoy,Please let me know the sort of thing you're looking for, and then roll Library Use.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat starts a game of Black Jack. Then shuts it off, apparently irritated.
Spoiler:
She was looking for some report of some kind showing what was being researched or analyzed at the wards. Only thing she finds is a Doc Norton file. fail libUSe
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Nothing really," says Cynthia with a shrug. "Think I'm just an extra."

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

After having attempted a search of the main frame, Kat returns to monitor the helis on the tarmac.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operations room-
Lt. Colonel Carmichael came over to Cynthia and Harvey. "Oh, I'm sure we can find something important for you to do," he said. "One of the keys to our survival is morale. We need to have hope for the future and entertainment, so that we keep the will to live. A lot of our people have given up hope in the last day. Depression, even suicide, have hit us hard, and we're not going to get reinforcements any time soon. If we can keep morale up, we can keep more of our people effective and make them more effective. I understand you're a dancer, Ms. Louise. How would you like to help organize a dance for tonight? If you're interested, you can start by making a list of everything you'll need."

Captain Fred Proust nodded when Kathryn began exploring the files. "That's good," he said. "Familiarize yourself with the system."

Kathryn could see that there was only one helicopter currently on the landing pad waiting to take off. There was a clock counting down to its scheduled takeoff, and there were six minutes left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, so there´s one point of entry and exit to this base. You´ve barricaded that route with buses and trucks, right? What about sewer systems and tunnels? I recall most bases and airfields have fuel depots below surface as well as bomb shelters. At least the bomb shelters would serve as possible points of interests if we get hit hard by another wave of events. To have those places prepared properly could be vital. My experience of those kind of places is that they are in severe need of upkeep. Secondly, the sewers could be a weak point as we can´t monitor them. We might feel safe right now. But I´d sleep better knowing the underground is checked and that we have a place to retreat to - should it be needed.
Am I to relay this to Carmichael, Captain?"
She spends a smile of Proust. Looking over to Cynthia, Kat says. "Count me in Cyn! I´ll help with the dancing. I´ll do my best, that is. Might be best if I stood still. You have to teach me some moves."
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cynthia jumps up and down in a way that emphasises her boobs bouncing with the motion, all the while clapping. "That sounds like great fun! Ooh, have a pen and paper?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operations room-
"I'll bet you're a great dancer," Captain Proust said to Kathryn. "Don't sell yourself short. And, yeah, Lt. Colonel Carmichael should hear this."

Carmichael nodded and approached them, signaling to an airman, who hurried off to a supply closet and returned with a pair of clipboards containing paper and pens, which he gave to Cynthia and Harvey. "Buses and trucks?" Carmichael said to Kathryn. Evidently he had heard her. "No, we constructed a mobile barricade on wheels, but it's not made of vehicles. We do have sewers, yes, but it's impossible to secure them all. We just don't have the manpower. There have been no reports of the infected in the sewers. The sewers could provide an alternate exit from the base, but we wouldn't be able to bring much in the way of supplies. We can also evacuate by air. In addition, there is another possible route in and out that we discovered last night and secured. We have underground fuel storage tanks and bomb shelters. The shelters are always well stocked and maintained, especially now that we're in a crisis."

"Okay, one thing we're going to need is refreshments," Harvey said to Cynthia. "People are going to want something to eat and drink."

A tall, handsome man in his forties with hair just starting to go gray strode into the operations room. He had eagle insignia on his collars, indicating that he was a full colonel. "How's it going, Carmichael?" he asked.

"It's going well, Colonel," he replied. "I'm just getting the new people settled in. Everyone, this is Colonel Everett, the base's executive officer."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, good to hear.", Kat replies to Carmichael. She lifts a hand in greeting to the base´s executive officer. While working on her station she tries to pocket some more pens and pencils besides the one she got earlier to write in the note pad with. More colours - neater maps and drawings. All for the aesthetic mind of an artist.
Spoiler:
Actually she will try to make a substitute for a knife. She´ll need something to defend herself with as these guys haven´t returned any weapons yet.

"Permission to speak, sir?"

Awaiting to be assigned word, she then asks, "My name i Kathryn McCoy. Thank you for taking us in. I´m currently monitoring the heli on the pad here. Can you fill us in on the specifics of that mission? Have you found more survivors, or is it just a recon mission? Another thing - more out of curiosity than neccesity, are we being reissued our arms anytime soon? We´d be of better use if we carried - should there arise a hot situation inside the base. Or are we only allowed arms when leaving the confines of the base, sir?""
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Hello!" says Cynthia brightly, approaching the Colonel rather oblivious to his station and importance. She does hold herself all the more perkily however. Be interesting to be a fly on his wall. "What sort of food and drinks'd be available for a morale-boosting celebration? What with the rations and all of that?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operations room-
Colonel Everett looked back and forth between Kathryn and Cynthia before seeming to come to a decision. "Carmichael, can you handle the young lady's question?" He motioned to Cynthia before turning his attention back to Kathryn and gesturing for her to speak.

"Yes, sir," said Carmichael. He nodded to Cynthia. "Rations are most of what we have available, it's true, ma'am. However, there is a small supply of specialty food for the officer's mess. But if we serve it tonight, we'll probably use all of it up. For drinks we've got water, coffee, and a variety of juices and soda. We're not going to serve any alcohol, though. There simply isn't enough to go around, and besides, we all need to keep clear heads."

"So you're Kathryn McCoy," Colonel Everett said to Kathryn at the same time. "I've heard about you. Only good things, of course. I'm afraid that the specifics of the mission are classified. As for issuing you a weapon, it is the commanding officer's policy that civilians are not to be armed while on base. However...there may be another way. From what I hear, you're extremely competent, and we have need of personnel of your caliber. I'm prepared to offer you a commission as a second lieutenant, Ms. McCoy. You'd be part of the United States Air Force. Once you're sworn in, I can issue you a sidearm and a uniform, the same as any other officer. You would also get a security clearance, and at that point I'd be able to divluge some classified information to you."

"Ground Control, this is Strike Force Alpha," said a voice on the radio at Kathryn and Fred Proust's station. "Requesting permission to take off as scheduled."

"You want to handle this, Ms. McCoy?" asked Captain Proust.
Kathryn McCoy,The pens only do 1d2+db damage, though they can impale. They will use Knife skill, which has a base level of 25%.
OOC,[b]Cynthia[/b], please roll Fast Talk if you want to convince [b]Carmichael[/b] to break out the good stuff for the party. [b]Melinda[/b], you may roll Fast Talk or Persuade as well if you want to chime in. [b]Kathryn[/b], please roll Electronics if you want to handle air traffic control.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Eh, sure Fred." Kat puts on the phones and taps the mic. "This is ground control, McCoy - granting Stike Force Alpha clearance to take off. Destination as filed. Clear for take off, SFA." The routine goes without a glitch. When she clicks off she removes the headphones and salutes Col Everett. "Where do I sign, Colonel?"
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”