OOC-Chapter 7-The Morning After-General Discussion

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

OOC-Chapter 7-The Morning After-General Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

This is the thread where we'll post anything that's completely Out Of Character, whether it's game-related questions that can be asked in public or simply out-of-game chatting. Anything that involves your characters' secrets or any information that you'd rather not share with everyone can be sent to me in a PM - or better still in a spoiler button with your character's name showing. You can also include OOC comments or questions in your In Character posts - just use the spoiler or spoiler-button tags. You'll see how to do it in the instructions in the Rules and Guidelines thread or when you see me use it in the IC threads. You would do this if you want to say or ask something about what's going on in that particular thread.

Remember that if you're playing in this game, you are only allowed to read the threads that have your characters in them, and only the portions of those threads posted while your characters are present. The title of each IC post will indicate which characters are involved, and the Current Location thread also has this information along with a thread history (complete with hyperlinks to the exact post where each character enters each thread), but you can ask here if you're uncertain which thread you're supposed to be in. When characters move between threads, I'll indicate which new threads they go to and post links in their old threads that you can follow.

There are several new pregenerated characters that I've added for Chapter 7. Each player may choose one of them (unless you already have four characters).

The IC threads will probably start appearing by next weekend, if not sooner. I'll start with Sword, then put up new threads for Gold, and finally get Omaha started. Once you see a thread with one of your characters in it, you can go ahead and read it, and then make a post when you're ready. Generally, you can only perform one major action between my major updates (participating in a combat round, moving from one location to an adjacent location, and so on). However, you are usually free to carry out conversations with each other's characters and with NPCs that span multiple posts if I haven't done a major update yet. I will sometimes do minor updates where I show the results of one or more characters' rolls or have an NPC respond or react to something your character says or does. Characters who haven't acted yet can still do so, but if you've already acted you should only do simple actions like speaking until a major update is posted. If you're in the middle of combat your characters won't have time to go on chatting all day, of course. I'll let you know if you're in a non-combat situation where you have little time to speak.

Please remember that you are required to post between major updates. If you do not post, I will not know that you do not intend to and will end up waiting, which will slow the game down for everyone. I will not wait forever, though. If you neglect to post, I will go ahead anyway and assume your character does nothing - which under the wrong circumstances can be lethal! If you don't want to do anything, you still need to make a post describing your inaction. This is usually not the wisest course of action. Time is a very limited and valuable resource, and you should take full advantage of it.

I'm still waiting for the following people to make skill XP checks for some of their characters:
Ryansommer
Keith Deeds (9/15 HP, San 15, indefinitely insane):
Roll 2d3 for healing (4 or higher to heal 1 tonight)

Emily Montrose (12/12 HP, San 54):
Sanity +1d10
Listen (63)
First Aid (60)
Medicine (35)

Sally (6/11 HP, San 85, broken leg):
Roll 2d3 for healing (4 or higher to heal 1 tonight)
Sanity +1d10
Spot Hidden (40)
Handgun (52)
Listen (50)
Psychoanalysis (43)
First Aid (69)
Medicine (59)
Navigate (10)

Ron Moore (1/15 HP, San 39, missing leg):
Spot Hidden (25)
Listen (25)

Kabukiman
Jerry Law (15/15 HP, San 54):
Listen (32)
Track (60)
Spot Hidden (65)
Handgun (50)
Dodge (55)

Michiko Watanabe (10/10 HP, San 70):
Psychology (15)

Wryce
Airman Marcus Winters (8/8 HP, San 54):
Listen (52)
Spot Hidden (75)

Dr. Edward Singh (13/13 HP, San 75):
Listen (30)

SSior.27
Caitlin Bell (11/11 HP, San 38):
Sanity +1d10
Medicine (50)
Climb (40)
Navigate (10)
Spot Hidden (35)
Handgun (20)
Psychoanalysis (51)

Laraqua
Brian Stevenson (13?13 HP, San 37):
Mechanical Repair (60)

If you haven't rolled by next weekend, I'll roll for you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: OOC-Chapter 7-The Morning After-General Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

I think I failed my Idea roll. :? I have no idea what that means in this context.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ha.

It was just a bookmark so this thread would show up on my 'view your posts' link. ;)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Fair enough and true enough.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back again, Laraqua! Please don't forget to start posting in The Ninth Planet. I've been running Colleen Rose as an NPC for now, but you can take over any time.

Invisible Castle is currently down. Until it comes back up, feel free to use any other dice roller or physical dice, or I can roll for you if you prefer.

I'm starting to put up the posts for Sword tonight, though I probably won't get all of the threads for that section started until tomorrow. I plan to have all threads going by the end of this coming weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Great news! And a premature congratulation to 13K, Mr.Handy. Guess it´s only hours away :D
A really good dose of fiction, this Zombie-thingy.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I'm a bit further away from 13,000 posts than that. I still need another 35 or so at this point, and I won't get that today. Probably by the end of the weekend, though, once I get all of the new threads for Chapter 7 started.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've been sick for over a week now, and while I haven't had to go to work for most of that time, it is slowing me down. All of the Sword threads are underway, as are some of the Gold threads. I'll start the rest of the Gold threads and the Omaha threads as I'm able.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Aw, that sucks man. Being sick that is... Drink eat and rest! I took a chance and watched a "new" sci-fi series when I was knocked out from a cold. Falling skies is a quite good Fallout-esque kind of series. Let´s see if it gets a second season or if they cancel it. Many series gets axed before they manage to get a serious number of followers.

That said, get well and have the best time possible.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I've enjoyed Falling Skies too, and I'm hoping it gets renewed.

I'm starting to improve, though I still have symptoms. i'm hoping I'll be completely better later this week.

More IC threads should be popping up over the next few days, so keep an eye out for them. Also, those of you who haven't yet done so, please post your increase rolls in this thread. I'll wait to do it myself if you haven't until all the IC threads are up. I still need 1d10 for Sally's Navigate increase, and I haven't seen rolls from Kabukiman, Wryce, SSior.27, or Laraqua.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I can't believe you've almost doubled my post count! I used to have more posts than you.

*feels ashamed*

ooh, increase rolls ...

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3192963/

28. No good.

Yeah, I know I should've logged in first but I didn't think about it until I had rolled and didn't want to discard a meh roll based on that.

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Sorry about the delay. As you saw, I made rolls for my characters but posted them to the wrong thread. I tried to copy and paste them here,but that thread is now locked.

At any rate, I owe you a roll for Sally's navigation skill. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3193302/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks for the rolls. You don't need to copy and paste the rolls from the other thread here; I've already processed them and updated your character sheets. It looks like Wryce may be gone for good, as he hasn't logged in since early August, so his characters are up for grabs now. I only need rolls for Kabukiman and SSior.27 now.
Laraqua wrote:I can't believe you've almost doubled my post count! I used to have more posts than you.

*feels ashamed*

ooh, increase rolls ...
The only reason you didn't keep up with my post count was because you were gone for so long. You may even be able to catch up with me eventually if you stick with it and get your own games going again.

You might also want to start posting for Colleen Rose in The Ninth Planet. She's got a lot of incoming communications that she needs to handle. You can find her in the Mission Control thread (I posted a link in the OOC thread).

I should be able to get the rest of the Gold threads (only two left) and the Omaha threads going by the end of the weekend, as I'm starting to feel better. I also have a four day weekend coming up the following week, which means more time for me to keep things moving.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Caitlin Bell (11/11 HP, San 38):
Sanity +1d10 (38) increases 4 (48)
Medicine (50) increases by 2 - (52)
Climb (40) increases by 8 - (48)
Navigate (10) increases by 6 - (16)
Spot Hidden (35) increases by 6 - (41)
Handgun (20) does not increase
Psychoanalysis (51) increases by 10! - (61)

Wow, 6 skills, 5 increases! Laptop was fritzing while I was doing this, so I apologize for any rerolls.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Nicely done! Everything looks good, though the 4 point Sanity increase only gets you to 42. It's too bad you didn't get the Handgun increase, but the ones you did get were very nice, especially Psychoanalysis. Now you can better help others when they go crazy. You just have to keep from going crazy yourself. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Did I miscount? D'oh! Ah well, hahaha. 42 it is!
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

I haven't been much in touch, too much work lately. What am I suppose to do?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! See the first post in this thread. It lists the XP rolls you need to make for Jerry and Michiko (whose threads should be up at some point on Friday). Melinda did not have any increases. Please make the rolls for your characters and post them in this thread when you get a chance.

I'll roll the increases for Wryce's characters when I have the time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”