OOC-Chapter 7-The Morning After-General Discussion

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: OOC-Chapter 7-The Morning After-General Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

I updated Donald's thread last on December 10, and you haven't posted since then. Normally I don't update threads if there are no active players posting in them, unless something in another thread affects it (or it affects another thread). It's been a couple of weeks since I last updated Omaha anyway, as I've gotten bogged down, but I intend to update Omaha tonight. If you post in your thread tonight, I'll update that one too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've updated one of the Sword threads (the one where some of the players have posted), and over the next couple of days I plan to update the other Sword thread (even if nobody posts) as well as the active threads in Gold and Omaha.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

:| Signing off from my current gaming endeavors. Good luck to all survivalists!
/ Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

Thanks Syrinx,

Even though it was only two to three weeks of actual real time, it felt like ten to twenty minutes of gaming reality :)...

Hopefuly, your RL issues allow you to return but, if not, all the best otherwise!...:)

In honor of your contribution, Jake Bell will be following your game plan. You have a great plan in play and hopefully I can do it justice.

Take care and all the best!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, take care, Dave! It's been great playing with you these last few years, and you're an excellent roleplayer. You did an awesome job as Kathryn McCoy! She's a great survivor, and her adventures are just beginning. I'm sorry to see you go, and you're welcome to join back in if you're ever able to return.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yup, sure! I´ll just have to take care of a few things. Besides prepping a game to launch upon my return. I´ll be at the creative writing section as always, and on yog-sothoth for sure.
@pickman37: Good luck at the shoot out. I´ll lurk and see how you fare. It´s as you say almost as playing for real. Nice meeting you.
@Mr.H : It´s been fun playing on these boards. You´re a dedicated keeper, for sure. Keep up the good work. I´ll stay reachable and will be able to do moderator tasks. Just dropping the player/keeper stuff.

/ Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Hi! I have been awfully busy lately, but I think I can return now.
In what thread should I post to Jerry and Michiko, since they are suposed to go to the bus?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Dave! I wish you the best.

Welcome back! Jerry is in Guard Duty, and Michiko is in Dawn. You can find everyone's threads in the Locations and Weapons thread. Nobody has posted there for a while, but I can move things along quickly if you post that they're heading to the bus. I'll probably rearrange the threads this weekend when I have a chance to update.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

FYI - I'm in Guam this week (and last which is why I haven't had the opportunity to post). I'll try to catch up today.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've updated Sword and Gold, and I'll try to update Omaha on Monday night.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've been sick with a cold since Monday night, but I do intend to update at some point over the next few days if I'm able. At least I'll be home instead of at work and thus will have a chance to post during the day.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I hope you´re feeling better, H. Being away for a few weeks myself. Bought a new sofa - murderously cosy. Starting to get on top of things at work. Rearranged some accounts to fix monetary issues. Laying down the groundwork for my comeback. The lost games I´ve run here could have been restarted but I rather reboot with something new. A fresh start. The date is undecided.

Looking forward to lurk as The Morning After continues.

/Dave
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I'm still sick, but I think I'm starting to get a little better today. Hopefully I'll be able to update all of the active IC threads this weekend.

I'm looking forward to your new game when you return, whatever it may be.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm still sick, but now I'm mostly better. If I'm not able to go into work on Wednesday, I hope to be able to update all of the active threads. Otherwise, it may have to wait until the weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be away at a convention between Thursday afternoon and Sunday night, so there probably won't be any posts from me during that time. I won't have time to update Sunday night either, so it will need to wait until at least next Monday night. I have taken the entire week off from work, however, so I will be able to post during the day until then. I plan to update all of the active threads on Tuesday, and I may be able to make some updates again on Wednesday and early on Thursday if people post by then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald is currently snoozing on the bus... so hopefully nothing happens and this will be a moot point. I'm going on vacation from March 24th through March 31st. If something does happen which jars Donald Woodridge awake, please feel free to NPC him to keep the story going. Thanks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Will do, and thanks for letting me know.

I probably won't have time tonight to finish the updates. Sword is done, and I'll try to do Gold next, but I won't be able to do Omaha too. I'll try to finish on Monday night.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Laraqua! Please don't forgot to post in Deadly Mission for Katarina as well. We have a new player, Quinch, who has taken over Staff Sergeant Larry Dauterive, so the two of you can interact.

Quinch, I'll try to get you your character secrets this weekend.

I won't have time to update tonight, but I'll try to at least get started on Thursday night and plan to update all active threads by this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I dreamt that Mr. Handy was running one of those Call of Cthulhu LARPs but then I saw one of the ghoul-like creatures, slammed the grille in place pretty quick (yep, he'd modded his large home to have a steel gate thingy) and slashed at its arms with what turned out to be a real knife and went, holy crap, what are we meant to do? Then a friend of mine asked if she could get her colour pencil case from a truck cab that connected with that room (don't ask) that we didn't know was clear or not and someone else is like "I wouldn't do that if I were you, you'll be deaded." But she insisted as she's not a player, just someone who was hanging around, so I ask Mr. Handy if he can turn them off (guess I thought they were robots) and he just gave me blank looks. Then I'm like, "You can turn them off, can't you?" And he's like: "I wanted you guys to invent a way to do that." And I'm like "You idiot! We're just people, not engineers, no way we could invent anything." And he's like, "Well, they still bleed if you cut them." And I'm like: "They've got thick, rubbery skin, knives don't do much." And then he's a furry cat I'm cradling who keeps just looking up at me and in a moment of horror I asked: "They're sterile, right? I mean, they can't breed...."

And he just gives me that look like "Oh crap, didn't think of that" in his big, fluffy, dark-haired feline way.

It made about as much sense as the Dog Endings in Silent Hill.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It seems that my secret has come out. Yes, I am, in fact, a cat. I make all of my posts, as all cats do, by walking back and forth across the keyboard. I had thought I had purr-fect anonymity, as on the Internet nobody knows you're a cat. However, I could not resist wandering into other peoples' dreams, and so I gave myself away. Yes, we can do that. Why do you think we sleep 17 hours a day? Don't worry, though, that dream won't come true. I'm going to write down "make ghouls sterile" on a note to myself. Then I'll write IMPORTANT in red pen with an arrow pointing at it. And I'll circle it. I just have to remember to do that until I can figure out how to hold a pen between my cute, fluffy paws.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”