IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

Post by Garrett »

Talking to the scientist Ryuu responds immediately.
"Well I don't suppose I could convince you to turn off the EMP for a little while then? I'm need to get back to my family-" speaking louder so many of the people around him can hear he goes on. "-and if the risk is really so low I'm sure nobody would mind." He looks pleadingly at both the scientist and the driver.
Persuade success, 26 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810142/
Spot hidden fail, 73
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald was back to napping by this time, on and off, and didn't have much to say about the whole shutting-off-the-EMP thing.
Spot Hidden - failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810475/]Spot Hidden (25%) (1d100=73)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the school bus-
"I guess we can do that," said Stephanie to Ryuu. "I think you ought to stick with us, but I can understand wanting to be with your family. Of course, we'd better get back to I-80 first. We'll have a better chance of finding a usable car on the main road. Where does your family live? Are you sure you can find your way on your own?"

Becky drove on towards the overpass. When they got closer, a flatbed truck could be seen stopped underneath it, blocking the westbound lane. She shifted over to the eastbound lane temporarily as she passed below the overpass. As she drove past the stopped vehicle, the bus suddenly lurched and a hissing sound came from the front of the bus. She struggled with the wheel, but it did not respond at all. The bus swerved into the truck as it started to swing in front of it, only stopping when it collided with the concrete wall on the right that supported the road above.
OOC,Everyone, please roll DEX x 5.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The sound was familiar enough to Donald that he immediately snapped awake and braced himself for the worst of it.
Dex x5 - success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3811102/]Dex x5 (55%) (1d100=16)[/url]
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

success 64 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3811466/
Ryuu grips the front seat hard to prevent himself from moving as the bus lost control. As soon as it steadied he runs up toward the front, "What happened?" He asked commandingly, gripping his pistol and trying to look out the window.
Are we back on the main road,also is the EMP off yet?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the school bus-
School buses lacked seatbelts, but luckily Donald and Ryuu managed to remain in their seats. Some others weren't so lucky and spilled out into the aisle, suffering minor injuries of varying degrees. One of them was Dr. Brigetta Hausmann, who was hurt further. Stephanie fell on top of her, but she wasn't as badly hurt because the doctor broke her fall. Dr. Bernard Smith kept his seat, as did Lucy Armstrong and the principal. Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan wasn't so fortunate and was badly hurt. Laura Shelley, who had been next to her, also fell out and was injured as well. Michelle Marquez maintained her balance, and Tariq did likewise. Amelia also managed it, but Jerry couldn't quite and was slightly bruised. Becky's reflexes were perfect.

"Both front tires popped," said Becky, cursing under her breath. "We must have run over something. Probably the same thing happened to that truck."

"Hey, I recognize that truck!" said Stephanie. "It was at the airfield where we refueled the helicopter yesterday. After Corporal Gardner kidnapped Kathryn McCoy and stole a police cruiser, two of the guys who had been under his command took the truck to try to chase him down and rescue her."
OOC,No, you're still on the back roads, and the EMP is still on. It's going to take me quite some time to make DEX x 5 rolls (and roll damage if necessary) for the rest of the people on the bus.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Ryuu looks back at all the injured people, unsure if he should try and help them or head outside. He worried that this might have been a trap, someone could be about to ambush them, with this thought in mind he decided he would be more useful taking a look outside. Looking to the fat driver he motioned to the door, speaking quietly. "Open the door, I'm gonna have a look outside." (If she's unconscious or something I just open it myself.) He slowly moved out of the bus, pistol out and moving in a slow crouch.
Sneak success 32 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3819129/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald follows the man out, though he isn't thinking so much about an ambush. "I wonder if those truck tires will fit this bus," he pondered aloud as he went to checking the size and spacing of the lugnuts on the rims.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the school bus-
Chester was fine, but Julianne fell and was slightly hurt. Declan kept his balance, and so did Enrico, Michiko, and Teresa. Elijah tumbled out of his seat and bruised his shoulder. Diana fell next to him, but she wasn't too badly hurt either. Kelly had excellent coordination as always, and Ali also managed to stay put. Sunny took a fall and was slightly injured. Adam Donnelly was thrown hard, but his injuries weren't as bad as they could have been. Lori had no problem, nor did Rachel and Dr. Edward Singh. Dr. Liz Somerville slipped from her seat, landing badly. Erin Halloran was unharmed. Rashad was not so lucky, ending up hurt. Samir Hossein had better reflexes, but Jack Brunner did not. He was somewhat injured.

Outside the bus-
After Becky opened the door, she waddled after Ryuu and Donald. The three of them looked around in the shadows beneath the overpass. Donald saw that fortunately the truck's tires were the same size as those the school bus used. They could all see that the truck's front tires were shredded, as were the two front tires of the bus. However, the flatbed's two rear tires were intact and could be used to replace the bus's front tires. Ryuu glanced down and saw that a black strip lay stretched across the road underneath the vehicles with metal spikes jutting out from it at a backward-pointing angle.

"Dammit!" cried Becky. "Whoever put that spike strip there stopped two vehicles with it. Why would anyone do that? It's not going to do a thing about the dead."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald says to the others , "We can lift and put that truck on blocks then take its rear tires to exchange with our front. But best we make sure this place is safe first. A booby trap like this can only have one purpose. Best check for bloodshed around that other truck."

He checked the shotgun he was carrying to make sure it was ready to fire, then headed toward the other truck cautiously, inspecting it for signs of gunplay.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the school bus-
Brigetta had no problem treating her own injury, and she felt a little better. Stephanie picked herself up and did an excellent job on her own bruises. Sharon managed to patch herself up completely. MIchelle Marquez went over to help Laura, but she wasn't able to assist, nor could the principal. Laura only made it worse when she tried. Rachel, however, did an amazing job on her original injury. Jerry couldn't do anything for himself, but Amelia did it for him. Julianne managed to treat her bruises. Elijah couldn't quite reach his, so Chester had to help. Diana had no luck either, though Michiko aided her. Sunny. however, had no difficulty. Adam accidentally worsened his cuts slightly. Dr. Smith came over and helped him, repairing all of the damage except for what Adam had inflicted himself. Liz managed to treat herself, and she was as good as new afterwards. Rashad wasn't quite able to help himself, and Samir couldn't do anything for him either. Teresa came over and treated him, improving his condition a little. Jack patched himself up fully.

Stephanie checked on the EMP device. "Phew!" she said. "It's still in good working order. That would be all we needed, for this thing to break while we're stuck here."

"I think I know what happened to the truck," Dr. Bernard Smith called outside. "Stephanie recognized it as the one that the National Guardsmen used to pursue Gardner, who fled with his hostage in a State Police cruiser yesterday. Those cruisers are used for highway patrol duties, and they carry spike strips like the one that stopped us cold. I bet Gardner laid a trap with it here to stop them, and it looks like it worked. We just happened to get caught in the same trap."

"Then he got away," said Stephanie, lowering her head. "Oh, poor Kathryn!"

Lucy Armstrong and Declan McLeod went outside to help.

Outside the bus-
Donald saw no sign of any blood, bullet holes, or shell casings in his inspection of the flatbed truck. The area was deserted, at least for now, but it could take upwards of an hour to change both tires.
OOC,If you wish to start changing the tires, please roll Mechanical Repair. The base skill is 20%. Up to four people can work on it at the same time. Everyone may also make a Track roll. The base skill is 10%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Track - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3841735/]Track(40%) (1d100=73)[/url]
Donald wasn't paying much attention for tracks. His priority was to get the bus running again. "Someone will need to see about moving that tire-buster before we move along."

He grabbed some tools and got to work removing good tires from the flat-bed truck.
Mechanical Repair - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3841737/]Mechanical Repair(66%) (1d100=42)[/url]
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Seeing no signs of hostile people Ryuu goes back onto the bus to see if anyone needs help.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the bus-
"You know, the airfield where I worked can't be too far from here," mentioned Lucy as she aided Donald with the tires. She knew what she was doing, and she turned out to be quite strong. "I recognize this truck from there." They started by using wrenches to remove the nuts securing the bus's flat front tires and the truck's good rear ones.

Becky rolled up the spike strip and shoved it underneath the flatbed truck before fetching a jack, opening up her toolbox, and getting to work, but she wasn't much help. Neither was Declan, whose arthritis was acting up again. Donald estimated that it would take about an hour to change both tires.

On the school bus-
Brigetta kept working on her injury, but it was too awkward with just one usable arm. However, Stephanie was able to assist her. "Danke, Stephanie," said the doctor.

"Anytime," said Stephanie.

Michelle completely repaired the damage Laura had caused herself, and Dr. Smith did the same for Adam. Liz finished helping Rashad. By the time Ryuu had gotten back on the bus, everyone who had been hurt in the crash was once again seated and doing better.
OOC,Please let me know when you're ready for me to move things forward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald advised the others on the time estimation and expected someone who was not actively doing something would be keeping an eye out for brigands and ruffians. He didn't mind doing the work, it kept his mind off of how messed up everything had gotten.
ooc,Push on as you see fit. I'm ready as ever.
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald advised the others on the time estimation and expected someone who was not actively doing something would be keeping an eye out for brigands and ruffians. He didn't mind doing the work, it kept his mind off of how messed up everything had gotten.
ooc,push on whenever you want, far as I'm concerned.
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Ryuu goes back outside and leans against the truck while staring out in the other direction with his hand in his pocket on his gun, he also put his katana on his back while he was on the bus. this way he could keep in eye one way and was unlikely to be shot in the back if someone attacked from the other direction.
[Spoiler-Button]Ready whenever[/Spoiler-Button]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the school bus-
The afternoon wore on as the mechanics worked. There was only superficial damage to the front of the bus from the collision, thanks to its armor plating, so they concentrated on replacing the tires.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

After some time passes Ryuu begins to slacken in his watch, figuring that any attacks would have come by now.
[Spoiler-Button]spot hidden fail 59[/Spoiler-Button]
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden - Fail!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864219/]Spot Hidden(25%) (1d100=57)[/url]
Donald is still too preoccupied and focused on the task at hand to notice anything out of the ordinary.

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”