IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Field Trip(Everyone else)

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3972159/]Spot Hidden(25%) (1d100=68)[/url]
Donald looked out the window, keeping his eyes open for a gas station. "I've heard of guys making desiel fuel from frying grease and some choice chemicals... but I'm not sure if I remember the other parts or quantities. Regardless, it'd probably gunk up the engine after another hundred to two hundred miles."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
The bus went past a wrecked car on its side that had apparently rolled over. Becky noticed nothing else out of the ordinary and kept driving. "Another hundred miles or two should do it," she said. "Of course, we don't want to come up short. We could siphon some diesel from a truck, but I haven't seen one on these back roads. Probably have better luck on the highway. Of course, there have to be pumps somewhere." Ahead and to the left, a SaveMart convenience store loomed. Its storefront faced the road and had once consisted of plate glass windows, but they had been smashed to bits. The parking lot in front of it contained a line of half a dozen motorcycles, but no other vehicles. There were also a garage and a couple of gas pumps. "Well, well, just what we needed!" She pulled into the parking lot and stopped the bus.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald eyed the motorcycles warily. He expected if anyone could rough it out against the zombies, it would be a motorcycle gang. And if they were that rough, they might be the sort who would want to take from the weaker sorts. "We might have company. I wouldn't be surprised if those bikes belonged to somebody nearby."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the gas pumps-
"Well, hopefully if we leave them alone, they'll leave us alone," said Becky. "I just want to fill up our tank with diesel and get out of here. I will take someone with me for protection, though. Jerry, let's go."

Jerry Law nodded and followed Becky out of the bus after she opened the door. The two of them walked around the bus to the pumps. Becky picked up the handle from one of them.

"What do you think you're doing?!" a man's voice boomed from somewhere that Donald couldn't see.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
corban
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by corban »

"Shit!" muttered Jerry quietly under his breath. Jerry looked around seeing if he could determine where the voice was come from.
Mr. Handy,I assume I have a weapon in hand, probably the .45 as I was protecting someone but if not then I'll move my hand near it so I can draw it easily if need be,
Last edited by corban on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald hunkered down a little, scooping up his shotgun and checking to make sure it was ready to fire.
Listen Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4000309/]Listen (37%) (1d100=74)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Jerry[/b], yes, you have your pistol drawn. [b]Becky[/b] has a shotgun in her off hand, but she needed her other hand free to pump the gas, so it is not ready to fire. Please roll Spot Hidden and Listen. [b]Donald[/b], you no longer have the shotgun. It belonged to [b]Jack Brunner[/b], and he took it back when he parted ways with your group.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
corban
Layman
Layman

Post by corban »

Listen: FAIL,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4005487/]Listen (38%)(1d100=44)[/url]
Spot Hidden: SUCCESS,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4005492/]Spot Hidden (65%)(1d100=58)[/url]
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Crap.
Donald tries to determine where the voice is coming from but isn't sure. He figures the people are probably within the gas station. He would be... someplace defensible. So Donald started low-crawling to the back of the bus, the emergency door, where he might be able to sneak out unobserved and circle around to get the jump on these people if they proved to be anxious for a fight.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko is looking anxious. Even with the EMP, this trip was turning dangerous.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the gas pumps-
Becky couldn't tell where the voice was coming from by the sound, nor could she see its source.
Jerry Law,[b]Jerry[/b] spotted a man in a leather jacket lying on his belly on the roof of the convenience store. He was holding a rifle, which he was pointing in his and [b]Becky[/b]'s direction.
In the bus-
Donald crawled to the rear of the bus, where the EMP device sat in the aisle, still thrumming. The emergency exit was just beyond it, but it would be a simple matter to step over it if he wished.
OOC,[b]Michiko[/b], you may roll Listen as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
corban
Layman
Layman

Post by corban »

Jerry lets out a quick "pssst" to get beckys attention as he hurridly ducks behind whatever cover is nearby and pokes his head round to keep an eye man on the roof.

Jerry calls out "OK, man on the roof, you got the gun, we don't want no trouble. Our bus is low on fuel and we gotta get some and then we can be out of your hair. That OK with you?"
Mr Handy,While I am saying this and poking my face around the corner Jerry looks around and wants to know: 1. Is there cover from where Jerry is to the building that I reasonably think I can use to reach the building? 2. Is there a way up on the outside of the building to the roof.. (maybe stacked boxes or fireladder or something) or would we need to go inside go up??
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the gas pumps-
Jerry ducked behind the bus, which aside from the gas pumps was the only nearby cover - and unlike the pumps, it was armored.

"The fuel is ours!" the man's voice called back. "We're not just gonna give it away. You want it, you gotta trade us something worthwhile. Whaddaya got?"
Jerry Law,There's no cover between the bus's current location and the building. However, you may roll Idea. You cannot see any way up onto the roof from here. If there's a way up there, it could be inside or behind the building.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

With the man on the roof, Donald felt he should be relatively hidden from view from the look-out, but he knew he wouldn't be alone. He carefully stepped over the EMP device to get closer to the emergency exit. He looked around for a blanket or jacket to safely drape over the device so that if they were to come on the bus they wouldn't see it so easily.
corban
Layman
Layman

Post by corban »

Idea roll: Success,idea = 65 and rolled 25
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the gas pumps-
Jerry Law,With its armor plating, [b]Jerry[/b] realized that the bus itself was the best cover he could hope for - and it could move. Its movement would be obvious to the man on the roof and anyone else with him, so doing that was not without risk.
In the bus-
"Good thinking," whispered Stephanie, seeing Donald looking around. Crouching low, she made her way to the back of the bus. She took off her lab coat, revealing a sleeveless black blouse and a 9mm pistol tucked into her belt, and draped the coat over the EMP device carefully. "It'll still work, don't worry. You'd have to cover it completely with foil or something similar to block the pulse."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald smiled and gave Stephanie a wink, helping her with the lab coat. He whispered back, "Maybe we can put some more pillows or blankets around it so they don't think too much about it? Just a big pile of blankets and pillows... that's what we have here." He started looking around the bus for things with which he could camouflage the EMP device a little better.
corban
Layman
Layman

Post by corban »

"What do you want?" yelled Jerry across the forecourt. "You want money or something else? We're from the school down the road we don't have much besides books. We just need enougth fuel to get where we're going"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the gas pumps-
"Something else," called the man to Jerry. "Money ain't worth jack anymore, and we don't care for books. But I see you do have guns, and I'm sure you got bullets to go with them. Give us enough guns and ammo, and we'll let you fill your tank."

In the bus-
"Thanks," said Stephanie. "We don't have blankets or pillows - not much call for those in a school I guess. But we can stack up the boxes of supplies around and over it." She helped Donald move the boxes to hide the EMP device.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], please roll Conceal.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Conceal - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4030196/]Conceal (15%) (1d100=32)[/url]
Donald hears what they ask for and shook his head, "We can't give them our weapons. That's suicide." He suggests to the others up front, "Maybe they can agree to a trade of services. I can fix just about anything. Maybe they could use a good mechanic?"

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”