IC-SWORD-Family Reunion(Lara/Bells/Sven/Tricia)

A new day dawns, and with it new horrors. Tensions are rising at Warren Air Force Base, where traitors lurk behind the scenes and the fate of the world may be at stake. A daring mission to Montana is launched, where an isolated ranch receives new visitors - and trouble. In Omaha, the zombie menace seems to be over. The few surviving law enforcement personnel attempt to restore order, but criminals are not going to make it easy for them. Preparations for evacuation are underway at Brooks High School, and a dangerous new threat lurks.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Family Reunion(Lara/Bells/Sven/Tricia)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm sorry, I misread what you typed in your instructions to [b]Clyde[/b], but it's also possible that he either misheard or had a better idea.
In the loft-
Veronica hurried over to join Sven and found her own vantage point. "Dammit, we're trapped in here!" she said. "I don't like this one bit."

"I'm not exactly enjoying it either," said Sven.

"At least the worst thing you have to worry about if these guys storm the place is getting killed."

In the barn-
Clyde backed the truck up into the barn past where his father had taken cover. "In case we need to bust out of here," he said.

Jake recalled that Sven only had a pistol, not a rifle. Counting the men, he saw that there were ten of them. Three had been in the gray pickup truck and seven in the van.

West of the house-
Lara slowly pushed the Civic forward with the pickup, but it was making poor progress. The car's wheels kept spinning uselessly. It was still going nowhere under its own power.

"Tricia Barrett!" called one of the men. "I see you in that car! Come on over here! We just want to talk to you!"

"Nonono..." whimpered Tricia.

"Don't worry, hon," said Mary. "We're not going to let them lay a finger on you."
OOC,[b]Lara[/b], you may roll Drive Auto again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Pickman37 »

OOC,No problem. I believe the chaos of the moment would be something else! I know my brain is spinning... :?
As Clyde backed the truck into the barn, Jake close the barn door behind him leaving only a small gap and shouted...

"Good job son! I need you in that loft. I forgot that only you and I are armed with weapons that can take on that range. Everyone else is armed with shotguns and pistols. Jake paused to catch his breath then continued. "Ask Sven if he can handle the pick-up and send him down. We need to rescue the others!"
Mr.Handy,Is there an alternative entrance to the barn facing any direction besides North? Or even a knothole or opening that I can see what is happening on the east side of the barn?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There is a very large opening in the east wall of the barn above the doors, accessible from the loft. You can also find a knothole in pretty much any direction.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

OOC,Oops! I thought the barn door was facing north for some reason. So, the barn door faces to the East. Does that mean the Civic and Lara's truck are south of the barn and out of sight or in plain view? Sorry, my bad! I had the lay-out messed up in my head.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Still, Lara can´t get the gears working properly. "Maybe best we wait by the barn?" She puts the truck in reverse and drives back to the barn - making it possible for the ones inside to hop on the roof if need be.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Caitlin gets more and more nervous hearing Lara grind the gears. "Come on, we don't have time for this! Here, let's switch real quick."
OOC,Yes, I'm back for a bit, but also am dooming myself to some crap rolls by asking to take over a task, hahaha.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the barn-
"Sven, can you handle a pickup truck?" Clyde called up to the loft as he climbed out of the cab. "If so, come on down here!" He turned back to his father. "Thanks, Dad. I'll get up there as soon as he comes down."

In the loft-
"Coming!" Sven said. He hustled over to the ladder and climbed back down to the barn, leaving Veronica on watch.

West of the house-
Tricia, frustrated at being stuck, threw open the door of the Civic and leapt out, sobbing. "Wait, come back!" called Mary, but she didn't listen. Tricia ran southwest, into the woods. Mary kept trying to free the car, but the wheels just kept churning up mud.
OOC,Don't worry about it. I didn't draw a map, and my descriptions might have been incomplete. I'm not completely sure what I've put down and what is only in my mental picture of the ranch. If you have any more questions, just ask. The Civic and the other truck cannot be seen from the opening facing east in their current positions, but if you look out a knothole facing south instead, you can see them. Welcome back! [b]Caitlin[/b], if [b]Lara[/b] allows you to switch places with her, you may roll Drive Auto to try to push the Civic. The base skill is 20% (not 25%). If either of you drives back to the barn, there is no need to roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Oops:
Spoiler:
My bad. 20% it is.
"OK, try it - Sestra." She switches places with Caitlin. "If not work - back up to barn. Yes?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

OOC,No problem Mr. Handy...Maybe wishful thinking lol! Oh well, we'll be rolling with it..Just adds to the chaos...and fun! :D
Jake continues to sight the skinheads and realizes he can't leave this post to see what's going on, considering only him and Clyde have the only long range weaponry...

Maybe Sven could look once he gets down here Jake ponders. Get the girls back here...See what's going on! If they get those vehicles back here, maybe we can all re-group and come up with some kinda plan....

Jake attempts to wait for Sven to arrive but patience was never his strong suit...

"Sven! Jake attempts to shout with his hoarse voice. "We need you to go to the south end of the barn, find a knothole and see what's goin on! The women might be in trouble and we gotta get them back in here! I gotta stay here to watch the skinheads! Can ya see what we're up against.....!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Sven[/b] was actually already at the bottom of the ladder in the last update. I rolled for [b]Caitlin[/b], as it's been a while.
In the barn-
Clyde climbed the ladder and joined his wife up in the loft.

Sven hurried over to the south wall and peered through a knothole. "I see them clearly!" he reported. "The Civic got stuck in the mud, and the pickup truck is trying to push them free, but it's not working! Oh, no! Tricia just got out and ran off into the woods! Now Mary's getting out and heading back to the pickup truck!"

All Jake could see from ground level facing north was that the skinheads were still behind their vehicles, but those vehicles blocked his view.

In the loft-
"I can't see much from up here!" Veronica called down.

West of the house-
Caitlin tried to push the Civic with the truck, but it wasn't going anywhere. Mary climbed out, leaving her door open, and hurried back to the passenger side of the pickup truck. "Forget the Civic!" she said, looking over her shoulder at the woods. Tricia was already gone from view. She opened the door and started to climb inside.
OOC,No Drive Auto roll is needed if you're driving somewhere else and not trying to push the Civic, unless you're trying to drive into the woods, as the pickup truck is built for off-road travel. The trees are dense, and it won't be easy to get through them. [b]Tricia[/b] is returning to the thread linked below.
Run Tricia Run
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, back to barn, da?", Lara says while readying her 9mm once again. "If someone peek round the corner, I give him a blast!"
TVblog

SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Post by SSior.27 »

D'OH!,Was waiting for Syrinx to post and totally missed it. My bad.
Caitlin waited for Mary to pile in. Once in, she reverses and heads back to the barn to regroup.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Mr. Handy wrote:
Sven hurried over to the south wall and peered through a knothole. "I see them clearly!" he reported. "The Civic got stuck in the mud, and the pickup truck is trying to push them free, but it's not working! Oh, no! Tricia just got out and ran off into the woods! Now Mary's getting out and heading back to the pickup truck!"
Jake Bell could feel his heart racing...

I gotta do something! I gotta go get them!

Jake opened the barn door and prepared to go out into the open...

"Clyde!" Jake shouted. "I'm goin out to git yer mother, Caitlin and the others! Cover me!"

Jake, crouching, began to exit the relative darkness of the barn into the bright sunlight...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the loft-
"Right, Pa!" called Clyde. "Be careful!" He made his way over to the large opening facing east, rifle in his hands, and kept watch.

Outside the barn-
Caitlin backed up her pickup truck until she was just outside the entrance to the barn just as Jake opened the doors and stepped outside. "Oh, good," said Mary. "Let's back right into the barn. There should still be enough room even though the other truck is already there." She called out the window to her husband. "Tricia panicked and ran off into the woods. I couldn't stop her!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara exits the pick up after Mary. The scenario reminds her of Caitlin´s farm. All too much. This time, though, the pursuers are still alive - not half living. "Is it good to stay in here? They can burn it...we toast." She waits down behind the pick up, looking for an exit out of the barn. No need to get trapped.
TVblog

Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

After Caitlin backed the pick-up into the barn, Jake retreated inside as well, closing the door behind him but leaving it slightly ajar...
Mr. Handy wrote: (Mary) called out the window to her husband. "Tricia panicked and ran off into the woods. I couldn't stop her!"
"What is wrong with that girl?!" Jake half muttered to himself but loud enough for anyone to hear and maybe respond...

Alright old man..get a hold of yerself! Jake rubbed his brow. Someone should go after her but how? There's only one exit. Maybe she'll be safe in the woods as long as we can see the 'skins' from here... Jake's trail of thought is interrupted by Lara...
Syrinx wrote: "Is it good to stay in here? They can burn it...we toast."
Jake shook his head and grimaced...

She's right! Man, when it rains, it pours....
Mr.Handy,How strong is the wood of the barn? Do we have any implements i.e. an axe, etc. in the barn that we could use to create an exit through the south wall of the barn, facing away from the skinheads or could we drive one of the trucks through the wall?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the loft-
"We have to go after Tricia!" said Clyde.

"Like hell we do," Veronica said. "There's no way we're risking our lives to go find her. She ran off instead of sticking with us, so she's on her own."

In the barn-
"I think Tricia just got really scared," said Mary as she emerged from the truck. "I can't say I blame her. What are we going to do now?"
Jake Bell,The wood is pretty strong. Driving a truck through it won't work, as the barn isn't big enough to build up enough momentum to break through. There is an axe in the barn (in fact, it's been packed in the back of the pickup truck), and with some effort and time it could be used to chop an opening in the wall. It would take a lot longer to create an opening wide enough for the trucks than to make one big enough for someone on foot to squeeze through.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Down by the pick up truck, Lara contemplates the situation. "Can I go after? The truck can follow. Everyone is important! Who comes with?" She gets in the driver´s seat once more and shouts, "Open up!"
TVblog

Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Jake remembers the axe but knows the barn is pretty sturdy...

Jake flings the door open to the barn...

"I'll go!" He shouts to Lara.

As he runs to the passenger side of the truck, he stops Sven...

"Son, can you run this carbine?" He motions his rifle to Sven....

"If ya can, give me yer gun and close the door behind us to a crack and cover us! Also, maybe get someone to chopping with the axe at the other end of the barn to at least knock out a board or two so escape is possible in case they storm us...."

Jake waits for a response...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the loft-
"Be careful, Dad!" Clyde called down from the loft.

In the barn-
"I'm no good with a rifle," said Sven. "Not all that great with an axe either, but I'll get to work." He grabbed the axe out of the back of the truck and went over to the south wall, where he took a swing. The axe cut into the wall, but not through it.

Lara got into the driver's seat, and Jake got into the shotgun seat, leaving a stunned Caitlin between them. Lara pulled out of the barn.

Sven took another swing, but he made no more progress.

Outside the barn-
Lara drove out of the barn. She, Caitlin, and Jake could still see the two vehicles parked outside the gates and glimpses of the men behind them, but it was impossible to tell what they were doing from here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 7 - The Morning After”