CH3-04 Down by the shore

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH3-04 Down by the shore

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Can I have an IDEA roll from those people who have read some or part of the thesis. - Success = the problem with the thesis is that it lacks proof, the photos of the murals in the labyrinth might well provide that proof if the written components could be translated, however, to do that you'd need some kind of Rosetta stone of your own.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz is too wiped out from her recent experiences to be able to think straight.
OOC,Idea roll (75% stat) about the thesis: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Clay isn't going to make it in this condition. We have to get him to a hospital, for good or bad."

Greg takes Clay to the best hospital or medical center they have here, and checks him in, without providing any information that could lead back to us.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, we need to get him some help," says Liz. She goes with him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Just to be clear, this will be the end of Clay as a playable character - even if Greg manages to drop him off without issue (for simplicity I'll assume as a Doctor he can work the system to do that) he's been shot, this will result in the police being called and ultimately the UK police being contacted and Clay is wanted in relation to a number of ongoing inquiries. BentheRat if you want to resume playing Clay when he recovers you don't need to take him to a hospital you just need to get him somewhere quiet, clean and where can get long-term bedrest. He cannot, however, make the long journey all the way back to the UK.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
OOC:   Andy will spend some time getting new clothes and toiletries (for everyone in the party), plus food (for the journey) and arrange with Alex on what to do with the weapons... does he want them/will they ditch them somewhere before embarking on the ferry.

He can start reading once they're on their way back to Italy.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

carnage_lee wrote:Andy Wade
OOC:   Andy will spend some time getting new clothes and toiletries (for everyone in the party), plus food (for the journey) and arrange with Alex on what to do with the weapons... does he want them/will they ditch them somewhere before embarking on the ferry.

He can start reading once they're on their way back to Italy.  
OOC:   Consider all the supplies bought. As for the weapons privately Alex admits it hadn't even crossed his mind that you had all these weapons as you crossed the border, he suggests breaking them down ditching them in the sea somewhere up or down the coast out of sight.  
You drive onto the ferry as the ordained time and are quickly settled into your cabin, the crossing only takes about 7 hours but you won't unload until around 6 am tomorrow morning. Watching from the back of the ferry there doesn't seem any indication the Verbtetoi are at the terminal or on the ferry.
OOC:   I'll leave it up to BentR as to whether you are accompanied by Clay, it simply takes a bit of teamwork to assist Clay up and into Bed in your cabin where for the first time in about three days Greg can properly look at and treat Clay's wounds.  
Alex says his goodbyes at the ferry terminal, he's happy for you to keep the landrover but suggests you dump it at the first opportunity before a policeman looks at the damage to closely.

When you know what you do where you go, give me a ring, I know many people I may beable to help.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"If we can get a nice place to rest and some proper medical supplies, I can save him, I hope." Greg adds in.

Medical Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Greg doesn't feel comfortable about this at all, he urges moving Clay to the Hospital.
OOC:   I thought I'd leave it up to a medical roll and I blew it. Greg wouldn't know about all Clay's problems from the past, so I say take him to the hospital. Especially after loosing his other patient.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," Liz says to Alex, "for everything."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

It is probably your imagination but the atmosphere in Bari seems a lot less tense than in Albania. Bari is a big port city on the Adriatic coast; the capital of the Italian region of Puglia. It's not a major tourist destination, but it does have an airport with budget flights from the UK, and as well as having a few sights of interest, Apart from all the Russian pilgrims here to see the bones of St Nicholas Bari is not really a touristy town. It also doesn't have a great reputation (Alex warned you all to hold your valuables tightly)

We should park the Landrover somewhere discreet and get some coffee and food then discuss what we are going to do next. says Jacob
OOC:   Plans?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We need to read that paper first off," says Liz. "It's all we have to show for everything we've lost, along with the pictures of those murals, and I'm hoping it'll give us some kind of understanding and help us decide what to do."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"We're going to need to torch the Landrover, somewhere well out of the way. We're probably OK to stay here for a day or two but we need to get moving as soon as we possibly can." Andy[/b is feeling quite despondent, their foray into Albania cost them so much and for what....?

"Let's see if we can get copies made of everything we have." he responds to Liz's suggestion.

OOC:   Andy will see about renting a moped (to facilitate the dumping of the Landrover) and take stock of their fake ID's and credit cards.
I guess it's back to the UK and regroup?
We ought to post one lot of copies home before we leave... just in case?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, good thinking," says Liz. "We're lucky it didn't get incinerated - and me with it!"
OOC,Yes, that's a good idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   So a couple of issues for you.

1. Albert said the cards would only have a limited lifespan of the three he originally created one has already been found to be denied.
2. Without going back and looking over my notes the police are looking for Jacob to help with their inquiries after the shootout at Professor Mathers house. This assumes Mathers daughter never said anything.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Wouldn't we have bought round trip tickets? Less suspicious than buying one-way tickets. If that's the case, we could just return to Italy and fly back. Of course, if they were purchased with a card that has since been reported as stolen, that would raise a red flag.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   So you actually had tickets to Bari (where you are now) with a budget airline, called Ryan Air, the problem is while they do return tickets by default they don't do open tickets, so you'll have to pay to get your tickets changed or wait'

Roll against lowest party luck (Andy 65%) and depending on how successful the roll will indicate the number of days wait.

There are a fair few places locally you can stay, this isn't a particularly touristy city so accommodation is relatively cheap but not particularly brilliant.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Group Luck roll (65% stat) to see how soon we can fly home: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   So your flight will leave the day after tomorrow at 1900 arriving in the UK at 2100. In the mean time, you find a fairly out of the way hotel which you can afford on the remainder of your cash. The landrover is disposed of in the wooded hills about 15km away.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sounds good to me. We should have enough time to get the thesis copied (and one copy posted) and begin studying it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

ooc,Yep it takes no time at all to find a copy shop and get the thesis copied who/where are you sending the copy to. [b]Liz[/b] doesn't really see much difference between this copy and the last copy they found the key thing seems to be a single additional chapter which clearly indicates the importance of the murals both as a historical document and as evidence. This still doesn't really explain why anyone would kill Gossham though.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”