CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Greg and I had best stay here with Albert and Clay," says Liz.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Andy stands there as the loading ramp is raised and the ferry pulls away from the shore. The throb of its huge diesel engine almost numbing the pain in Andy's arse as the water churns behind the ferry on the shore Andy can see two cars pull onto the hard standing a silver Mercedes and a imaculate black 7 Series BMW. Half a dozen men pile out of the two cars followed by the young man you all met in the Hotel bar two days ago. They watch the departing ferry and then return to their cars and drive off.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I will go and grab towels and toilet paper for the injured from the restroom. maybe I will be find something else...
Jacob says and leaves
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob pushes his way up the stairs and through the already busy smoke filled cafe. He finally finds the bathroom but a quick glance at their state makes him think there is nothing there he wants to bring anywhere near the two injured men.

As he leaves the bathroom he notices two men looking at him then realising he has noticed them they look away, hunched over their coffee, body language clearly reads fear.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy makes slowly makes his way back to their vehicle and explains that he saw the Veretoi pull up to the loading point and drive off. "Can they drive around the lake?" he asks Alex.
ooc,if they can phone ahead it doesn't really matter how long it takes them to catch up, I guess.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Even if they can't," says Liz, giving voice to Andy's fears, "they can still call their mates on the other side and have them ready for us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The ferry is far quicker than going by road, but you are right if they have someone waiting for us at the other end things will be very difficult, it is always very busy with traffic says Alex
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg applies more cool water to the burns, "See if you can find some viniger, honey or milk at the restaraunt, any of those might help." Greg states as he continues to watch ove them. "I'm not going anywhere. Let me know if someone from the ferry is coming our way."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They'll avoid us if they have any sense," says Liz. "Somehow, they know we're trouble magnets."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg,Can I have two [b]Medicine[/b] rolls, please. [b]Albert[/b] is very definitely slipping away and there is very little you can do for him. if you could get him on oxygen that might make things a bit better.
Liz is correct in as much as everyone seems concentrated around the ships small cafe...although to be honest, this is much as it was on the way in.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Crap, we're losing him. See if you can find some oxygen, like now." Greg says as he goes to work on him.
medicine rolls,roll 1: [dice]0[/dice] roll 2: [dice]1[/dice]
holy crap,sorry, I think I just killed Albert.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz looks around desperately for oxygen, prepared to breathe into Albert's mouth if she can't find any.
OOC,Can I have a chance to save him? Even 5% in Medicine is better than nothing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Not holding out much hope of finding anything of use Andy limps back over to the loading gate, he vaguely remembers seeing a green box with a white cross on it attached to the bulkhead to one side of the gates.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob ignores the two and goes to the bartender, asking for a towel or something clean.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg,No Greg didn't kill Albert he just didn't have what he needed to save him, the man had essentially been dying since he suffered his injuries on the mountainside. Every roll has been about keeping him going until he got to a proper facility.
Liz,if you were in a hospital with all the necessary gear, I might be persuaded, but in the back of a landrover with no medical equipment I'd say your chance is 0%
Andy finds a small canister of O[sub]2[/sub] which he rushes back to landrover, Greg quickly straps to Albert's face and starts to conduct CPR spotting with Liz as they become tired.

Upstairs Jacob manages to buy several bottles of water and a couple of souvenir tea towels. He returns to the landrover to find Andy and Alex standing by its back door while inside Liz and Greg work feverishly in the cramped space clearly trying to save Albert. Finally, Greg sits up and shakes his head.
OOC:   Can I have SAN checks from everyone LOSS is 1D2 SAN.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg sits up clearly distraught. He reaches up and closes Alberts eyelids. "It's over Liz, time of death," and he reads the time off his watch as he has done in the past. Clearly this one was a little more personal and not just another nameless face that ran through the ER when he was a resident there.
Sanity test,[dice]0[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz's eyes well up with tears, but she manages to pull herself together. "Wir hätten den anderen Weg gehen sollen*," she says. "If we hadn't had to wait for the ferry, we'd have gotten to hospital by now."
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 57) for [b]Albert[/b]'s death: *We should have gone the other way [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Alex shrugs his eyes wet, No Liz, if we had taken the road we would still be in the mountains with many hours of driving ahead of us.

He starts to pull a canvas from the top of the Landrover. We should wrap him in this it will keep the flies and dirt off him... and we need to decide what we do with his body, if the authorities were to find it, that would be the end for all of us
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy looks on, sad but not shocked, he's surprised that Albert and Clay both made it off the mountain alive.

"Alex is right there's nothing else we could have done." he adds as he helps to cover Albert's body with some tarpaulin. "Af.. after we dock, how far will we have to go to get Clay to a hospital?" he asks Alex his face grim.

SAN test,[dice]0[/dice]
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Alex shrugs "It all depends on the traffic at the other end, how many people trying to get on the ferry and how bad they are backed up. But if the traffic is not so bad then two hours to Shkoder were there are hospitals...but again I think there will be a lot of questions so we need to think what we do and what we say"

Below the ferry terminal at the other end of your journey:

Return to “Watch the World Burn”