CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Fri May 26, 2017 2:07 pm

OOC:  

So that's a no on spotting the Man.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat May 27, 2017 1:53 am

Spoiler:
Can I use my earlier Shotgun roll in this post that was never used? A 48 is a hit at point blank range, which this certainly is.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 am

Andy can't see the man but its pretty clear what is going on at the top of the squares especially with the gunfire.

OOC:   Mr H yes, that unused die roll is fine.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed May 31, 2017 4:50 am

Image

Liz's shotgun roars, peppering the Verbetoi with buckshot.

Spoiler:
Damage from 12-gauge 00 buckshot shell, close range:
Mr. Handy rolled 4d6+2 and got a total of 9:
1, 2, 3, 1
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Caught by Liz's shotgun blast the Verbetoi goes flying backwards the machine pistol firing up into the air.As he hits the ground Jacob puts two shots into him for good measure.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:46 am

Image

"Scratch one Verbetoi," says Liz into the Bluetooth, staying behind cover until the machine pistol stops firing so as to avoid any nasty ricochets.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Andy Wade

"Shoot the fucker again... and again... then we'll chuck him over the side, remember the last one! Andy says into his microphone as he carefully makes his way to the wheelhouse.

OOC:   It's Andy's intention to get the Verbetoi over the railing and into the lake ASAP .... reasoning that the water will 'kill' him/it again if the transformation to fire-creature happens again.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:54 am

Image

Liz does as she is bid, pumping another shell and firing it into the Verbetoi's chest. Once she and anyone else who wants to have shot him again, she helps drag his body to the nearest railing to heave him into the water, taking care to use cover so that she is not visible from shore if possible.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Between them, Jacoband Liz manhandle the body over the side of the ferry. On the shore, the two vehicles turn and drive off into the hills

OOC:   Everyone passengers and crew is staring at you but keeping their distance  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Image

"We'd best get the ferry to a safe landing in the direction we're going," says Liz. "Once we've docked, we'll have to get in the Land Rover and disappear quickly."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:30 pm

OOC:   Did the vehicles move off in the general direction of where the ferry is headed to?  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:37 am

OOC:   OOC: It's hard to tell, the vehicles headed upslope and away from the shore. This bit of the world is all goat tracks and footpaths they cant simply follow the ferry along the shore. In reality having dodged these guys they are now out of the fight so to speak being unable to get to the ferry terminal before the ferry.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Greg checks on anyone that is injured offering medical assistance, including anyone in the crowd that may have been hit, or pushed down, etc...

OOC: Sorry, had a 5 day game convention to attend, and it was so great. Had a blast. Got to play a future module, going to Kickstarter in about 3-4 months. It went smooth as silk, everyone loved it. Great fun. Name of the new book is "The Devil's Swamp." It will be a compilation of 5-8 smaller adventures based around the Hockomock swamp in New England, 1920's style fun.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3740
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:35 am

Image

"I'm all right," says Liz. "I got shot a bit, but the wheelhouse and my vest stopped the bullet. I'm too cute to die." She helps Greg with the injured.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm

There are a couple of people with gunshot wounds perhaps injured by their Verbti's machine pistol, or more likely Greg thinks from ricochets, however there are nearly a dozen with injuries caused when they fled the "madman" when it is clear what Greg is doing one of the crew comes over with a reasonably stocked first aid kit.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 am

Image

"Cheers," says Liz, ready to play nurse again.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:54 pm

OOC:   Did we retrieve the Verbetoi's weapon?  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:50 pm

OOC:   Verbti weapon doesn't fall into the lake - LUCK roll by lowest luck player.  



OOC:   Please make any further plans here then let us move onto the remainder of the trip starting at the terminal at the other end  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 am

Spoiler:
We should all be aboard the Land Rover and ready to drive away as soon as the ferry docks. We'll also have to figure out what to do with our dead friend's body. Is there any way we could weigh it down and push it overboard without anyone noticing?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 am

OOC:   Considering the amount of attention you are getting from the other passengers and crew it would seem unlikely. While you are being avoided by everyone after the gunfight, you've clearly been photographed and people are under a lot of scrutiny and while there is no phone signal at this point, at some point people will be able to use their phones. OTOH this is Northern Albania in 2008 so it may be nothing at all will come of this  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Watch the World Burn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest