CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"Good point, my bet would be a breakdown... maybe run out of fuel... unless she either reached where she wanted to go... otherwise... MAria was forced to stop by someone.. he shrugs... "We must look for any signs of activity... and see if the car is working or not..,"

Andy takes a few paces towards the car... "I'll look.... get ready to pull me oughta there...
OOC:   Andy's intention is a search and to ascertain if the car broke down/ ran out of petrol, etc.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

POW: 1d100 75
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Jacob pushes past Andy and climbs into the car his fingers rapidly tracing the writing which seems to cover every surface of the cars interior. For a moment you watch as he pats himself down looking for a pen, unable to find one he chews at the end of a finger until it bleeds freely and starts writing on the windscreen.
Jacob,As Jacob approaches the car he saw the script written all over its interior. Its like the Angels are singing to him. A message which is trying to batter open doors in his mind in order to expand his conciousness. The sense that if only he started to repeat the message she'd be able to understand it is overwhelming. Jacob suffers 5 San lost - temporary insanity is you must keep writing. inability to do so causes a (non violent) breakdown.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mein kopf is on zjarr..." mutters Liz as she comes around, her psyche further battered.
Keeper,I'll split German, as my English is too low already. I'd like Albanian as my new language. I've heard enough of it lately and am already starting to pick up some of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob continues to smear blood over the interior of the car
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Momentarily stunned that the normally mild-mannered Rabbi had barged into him and all but 'bowled him over', Andy stumbles and shoots an arm out to steady himself against the VW. "What the fu..." his exclamation is cut short as he sees JAcob tracing over the hypnotic writing that Maria must have scrawled earlier. "For Christ sake...get out of there..." he yells somewhat angrily, concerned that the older man was somehow 'contaminating' any evidence of Maria' intentions of destination. With mounting dread Andy watches as the Rabbi bites at a finger.. then proceeds to scrawl on a window.

"Ohh shit... another one.. down!" he yells as Jacob starts to write in his own blood, from his chewed finger-tip.

Mindful of the strange glyphs power Andy tries to avert his gaze as he gropes through the car-door to try and pull Jacob out.. he grits his teeth as the familiar sharp pain and pressure behind his eyes spike...
OOC:   POW *5 = 65
[dice]0[/dice]  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As he throws himself into the dirt Andy feels the familiar burning sensation behind his eyes but the urge to open his mind to the writing seems much reduced this time.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob mumbles and continues to write with his bleeding finger on the windows from inside the car.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz staggers to her feet and tries to hold Jacob back with all her puny might. "Nein!" she shouts. "Luftoj it!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg restrains Liz by gently putting his hand on her shoulder. "I'm not going to tell you what to do LIz, but in your case I think going anywhere near the car is a really bad idea"
OOC:   Mr H, Liz actually wouldn't have come round from the fitting in time to prevent Jacob from climbing into the car.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz nods and stops where she is, her shoulders slumping. She knows she probably couldn't have restrained Jacob anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   I'll give BenTheRat until tomorrow (29th) to post, after that Mr. Handy and Carnage_lee you need to decide how/if you are going to rescue Jacob....or you can crack on anyway, but I'd like to keep the pace of the game up at the moment.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz takes a deep breath and collects her thoughts, focusing on speaking English. "What if I close my eyes?" she asks. "The writing can't affect me if I don't see it, right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay was looking around for tracks,
tracking,[dice]0[/dice]
And sees the directions she headed off in, to his great surprise. Then as the others all go crazy, he rolls his eyes, "Damn it people what is up with you and that damn writing?" He runs over to help drag the Rabi out of the car trying to concentrate only on the rabi and not any writing, knowing what it is doing to the smarter people in the group.

At this point he figures he is too dumb to figure out what is driving everyone into mad rants of writing.
OOC:   Sorry about the delay, been swamped with real life stuff.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
OOC:   Andy will help Clay to manhandle Jacob out of the car  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay,Clay is no expert at tracking but he reckons the scuffs and marks on the car's bumper (fender. Perhaps she did her laces up before she set off) match similar marks further up the track.
Taking care to cover their eyes or keep them firmly diverted from any writing. Clay and Andy and subsequently Liz manage to manhandle Jacob out of the car at which point he becomes hysterical curling up in a ball and sobbing to himself. Its fifteen minutes or so before he becomes consolable and able to talk.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You okay now?" Liz asks Jacob, concerned. "You pulled a me back there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"This is strange weird, gets in your brain like a worm. Anyway, looks like we are in for some hiking. You can see here on the bumper where she tied her shoe and then the tracks continue up this path there. I'm not sure how old these are though." Clay says happy he's able to contribute. He checks his pistols and makes sure he has some water. "Anyone know if this trail leads up those ruins?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

What happened?
Jacob says when he regain his senses ... what the ?!
Jacob looks panicked at his finger. What happened to my finger ??!!
He looks at Greg, hoping the doctor will find something to wrap his finger with.
I went to the car to check what made Liz mad and went into a trance of some kind.
He goes quiet and mumbles Tehillim verses
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob,As Jacob mumbles Tehillim verses to himself he can't help but over analyse he word, dissecting its sound trying to understand the root of it. His over analysis means he simply doesn't get the same sense of peace from them he has previously. I work Mythos knowledge slightly differently. Like studying a tome, Jacob needs to spend some time in introspection as he works his way through the ideas and implications of reading and understanding a chunk of the Ur language. What he has found out and what it means to his world view, at the end the temp SAN loss he has suffered will becomes a permanent SAN loss and you'll gain the +5% Cuthulhu Mythos skill. On the other hand he can just avoid thinking about it to deeply or get some therapy :) If you do decide to go down this route, then there is a chance Jacob will wind up with [url=http://www.phobiasource.com/graphophobia-fear-of-writing-or-handwriting/]Graphophobia[/url].

Return to “Watch the World Burn”