CH3-02 Heading North

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: CH3-02 Heading North

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy grimaces as he tastes the coffee, mirroring Alex's reaction and he too dumps a few spoonfuls of sugar into his cup and stirs while he listens to Alex.

Andy nods to the two Albanians, as he hears that they are both OK with carrying on, he wouldn't have blamed them if they had decided to return to Tirana, "Thank you both.... it means a lot that you both stay to help.." he says gratefully. "I think that a trip to the market might be in order... we should be more prepared; have more options." he takes another mouthful of the hot coffee... "God.. this is strong enough to lift a mountain!" he shudders.
"What do you guy's think... Clay you'd be up for getting some some 'equipment'?" he asks the others.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well I have no contacts here and I think those guys control this city. We need to go somewhere else, and I'll do what I can." Clay drinks the strong coffee with little more than a grimace. "We need to leave now."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I know I'd like to get equipped," says Liz. "I don't like feeling defenseless. Or being defenseless. Alex and Lek know where to go shopping and have the contacts. We can't go away without finding Maria. Maybe they've already got her." She takes a drink of the coffee, and her eyes go wide. "Wow, that's strong stuff! I don't expect I'll sleep for days. I'll be too busy bouncing off the walls. Boingy, boingy, boingy, boingy!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:  
BenTheRat wrote:"Well I have no contacts here and I think those guys control this city. We need to go somewhere else, and I'll do what I can." Clay drinks the strong coffee with little more than a grimace. "We need to leave now."
Do you want to amend that in light of 'Alex' already saying that he and Lek can take us to the 'night market' to get tooled up?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

"I don't think Andy was implying you were some sort of criminal mastermind with contacts everywhere Clay" says Greg "Just you might prefer to to have something a bit more substantial than a rolled up newspaper the next time we meet those guys"

Alex nods "Alright we go to the night market, it is not far from here"

Alex then leads off driving west over the dirt tracks which pass for roads in this part of the country (a slight exaggeration, but the last time these roads were repaired was decades ago...the holes are 'BIG') finally he pulls into a field where a number of other vehicles are parked up and a small produce market is starting to set up. Alex drives past the the market place towards a small wood at the edge of the field as you get closer you can see a variety of vehicles parked up between the trees all selling weapons of one kind or another.

Alex turns to where you are sat the back seat, "I hope you have lots of cash"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz turns her empty pockets inside out. "I don't have that much left myself," she says, "but I never did. I hope my mates have more than I do.'
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   From what I remember, we had about £5k worth of currency taken from cash-points on the *ahem* cards provided by Albert... how much, dear Keeper, would we still have?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Alex hasn't asked for payment at this point, so assuming travel to Albania was covered by the cards. I think you can safely assume the vast majority of it.  
When the Government collapse in 97 Hundreds of thousands of guns were looted from army and police barracks. Says Alex People tell tales of towing fighter jets out of air force hangars, or farmers driving around in tanks. Many of these guns go to help in the war in Kosovo. But there are still enough here to fill your needs I think. Last time I was in a place like this with il Doctore**, is around £250 for an AK-47.
OOC:   **He came to look not to buy  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Thanks for the info :)

Well, we ought to stuff some cash in Alex's mitt and then go shopping.

A Saiga-12 would be nice :)

2-3 AK's + extra mags and rounds

9mm pistols too - I guess they'll be Makarov pistols - 8 round box mag - ought to try and get ones that use the same rounds - the Makarov uses the 9x18mm cartridge not the 9x19mm cartridges.
I think it's important to get extra magazines.

What do you guys think?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OOC: Nearly all the weapons on sale are Chinese copies of the soviet weapons so there are Type 59's - Chinese copies of the Makarov pistol, as well as Type 56 rifles - Chinese copies of the AK. All the dealers seem to be selling the weapons with two magazines and a couple of boxes of ammo (basically enough to fill the magazines and a few rounds left over) The only shotgun over and above the typical eastern european pump action or double barrel is a Norinco HP9-1 basically a copy of the Remington 870.

Greg's preference is for a Tokarev because its basically a Colt .45, a gun he's familiar with. Other than that you can have a side arm and a long gun just or one or the other, just put it in a comment somewhere. Please express a preference by end of this weekend or its a Makarov :) The cost is well within your budget. If you are after anything special say. I'll post weapons stats in the weapons thread.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'd definitely like a Norinco HP9-1 shotgun, with a Makarov handgun as backup. What are the numbers inside the parentheses for in the Rate of Fire section? Also, is that accurate that this shotgun has a base skill of 35% rather than 30%? If so, even better!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   sorry, been super busy with other things. Yes, lets go to the market and load up.  
"Yea, if you guys know of this night market, lets hit it. I'd feel a lot better." Clay adds.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob just nod in agreement.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy will opt for a Makarov and the chinese ak clone plus some gun oil and a cleaning kit.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Guys, please, please read the whole thread, before you comment. This is particularly important when you're not posting regularly. Its jarring when you post to events now well past, and somewhat frustrating when you are missing die rolls I'm asking for or decisions I'm asking you to make.

I appreciate that my campaign style may not appeal to everyone. If the game has lost your interest then by all means feel free to bow out. I promise you wont hurt my feelings.  
Albert looks at the weapons arrayed before him, "I'm not really a guns kind of guy. I'm a lover, not a fighter as they say. I'll just take one of those pistols"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I didn't think I'd be good at it either at first," Liz tells Albert when Alex and Lek can't hear, "but you never know until you try. I guess it helps that I'm really good at video games."
OOC,I'm certainly enjoying the game and want to continue! 8-)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy smiles listening to Liz respond to Albert, he wasn't overly fond of guns either but they'd all be dead if they didn't have those firearms when they were all in Professor Mathers' house. This time they could at least be a bit more prepared.

Andy moves over to Alex "Can we get some extra rounds for the pistols... and do you know of a quiet spot where we can get some 'target practise' ?" he asks, thinking that it'd be a good idea if they all took half an hour or so to get used to the firearms.
OOC:   We should all have a least a pistol each... and offer our Albanian guides the same.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

We'll go a bit further along the valley and off the road says Alex, "I do not think the police take much notice if we do not make sound to much like war"

He shakes his head at Andrew's offer of weapons, "We have shotguns packed in trucks for game, they are enough for us"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob was not a fan of firearms, he prefered to place his faith with god and his fists but sadly, times have changed and he comes into a conclusion that he needs a pistol.
I will have one of the pistols if we have enough cash to pay for them, if not, I can always carry an improvised club.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Alex hands Jacob one of the small business like pistols along with two magazines and a box of ammunition, carefully wrapping it all in a piece of dark cloth before he hands it over. In gut gezunt he says with a sad smile.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”