CH2-12 Back home safe and sound

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH2-12 Back home safe and sound

Post by ghill »

"Whatever made the shards dangerous, makes what was written on the blackboards dangerous. You cant risk trying to translate what Liz or the prof wrote without exposing yourself to the same risk and becoming infected like they did and then the virus will just use you to spread itself further. says Greg We have no idea what prolonged exposure will do.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

At the mention of the bible and religion Albert rolls his eyes as if to say "Here we go" but then his face goes slack before taking on a look of confounded concentration

Hang on, maybe we're onto something here. I'm not sure how to explain this, so stay with me, I'm thinking out loud here.

So this memetic stuff, it's like a...erm...intellectual virus?...it changes the way people think or perceive the world or reprograms their heads? So these shards, which made Liz and Westerlund go batshit on us, could they be more than this genesis of language, could it be that this, what did you call it? proto-language makes people susceptible to suggestion or intellectual programming, it kind of opens a key to the basic building blocks of understanding...you with me? So maybe it's this base language key that is the birth of modern religions - thats why muslim, christian, jew etc. are all basically the same kinda thing - different cuts of the same beast. They all started the same but like a virus they mutated so that we have 3 strains of the same thing. The original virus proclaimed a single god lets call them the jews and it reproduced using this mimetic proto-language but it mutated and then we have christians and muslims and then they mutated so we have sunni and the other lot and lutherians and protestants and all the other flavours, even the jews split with the hassidics and stuff and everybody believes their truth cos their meme, the proto-language is what programs their brains...
he trails off, at loss of words and then smiles bashfully

Sorry, don't know what came over me there
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe my wacky is contagious," says Liz. "It doesn't work like that, but this does also remind me of the Tower of Babel. Everyone spoke one language, then God confused them by having everyone speak different languages. The various families split off and spread out throughout the world, forming the nations that came about later, each with its own language."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay walks in catching the last half of Liz's sentence. "So we think this has to do with Sunday school now. Is this what you brainiacs have come up with?" He doesn't seem impressed. "Everything is clear outside, no one followed us from the school."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I prefer we call them demons and fiends that take over you ... some of us that believe in god are somehow immune due to divine protection but possesed humans are already under the influence of the 'virus'. maybe we are onto something, the basis of all and the secrets lie in the language and the artifacts.
I have a feeling that we found and learned so many but understand so few.

Jacob says, quite puzzled by what he said as he is unable to organize his thoughts yet about this new revelation.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Um...I don't think a demon took me over," says Liz. "I'd notice if some alien intelligence took control of me. I was still me while I was writing, I just couldn't stop doing it. Maybe I was more susceptible because I'm such a goofball - but Westerlund is a serious chap. Maybe it's because we're geekier than everyone else here. I really don't know.'
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"You might have something there Liz," Clay responds. "It didn't affect me, though I felt something in my head, but all I could think of was getting you out of there."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy reads the text as the others continue to talk about the 'memetic virus', the various theories threatening to give him another headache.

"Westerlund wants to meet.. well 'someone' using his phone wants to meet... either way it's an opportunity to get answers... maybe. I'll tell him we'll meet in two hours so we can stake the place out, are you guys up for that?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Feel free to keep discussing the fragments and what they mean otherwise to see Westerlund go here

Return to “Watch the World Burn”