CH2-11 Brichester U.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH2-11 Brichester U.

Post by ghill »

Andy,As [b]Andy[/b] looks at the script [b]Westerlund[/b] is writing on the blackboard its like someone is screaming a message at him. A message which is trying to batter open doors in his mind in order to expand his conciousness. Through force of will alone Andy is able to shrug off the sense that if only he started to repeat the message he'd be able to understand it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It would be a good idea to date the artifacts and find out just how old they really are," says Liz, but Professor Westerlund doesn't respond. "Hmm...maybe that's some sort of automatic writing." Then her mind goes blank.
OOC,Yay! :?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz,As Liz looks at the script Westerlund is writing on the blackboard its like someone is screaming a message at him. A message which is trying to batter open doors in her mind in order to expand her conciousness. The sense that if only she started to repeat the message she'd be able to understand it is overwhelming [b]5 San lost - temporary insanity is you must keep writing. inability to do so causes a (non violent) breakdown.[/b]
Andy and Greg (and Jacob should he be looking into the room) watch as Liz also picks up a piece of chalk and starts writing, jostling with Westerlund for space on the blackboard as she does so.

Greg, gripping the side of his head as though he's just be hit by something. "What the actual f*ck man?!"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy shakes his head and shudders as the strange feeling leaves him... leaves him with a sharp pain in his skull and flashes behind his eyes. Squinting in pain Andy gasps as Liz gets to her feet and joins Westerlund, both writing in tandem... the tapping of the chalk on the blackboard making the pain in his head pulse. "Liz ... what are you doing?" he pushes his chair back and steps towards them... "Did you guys feel that...?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg looks at Andy if you mean did I feel someone take a sledgehammer to my head, then yeah I know exactly what your talking about! Gregs voice rises in volume until he's almost shouting Andy can see that he's turned away so he's not looking at the blackboard. Whatever it is they're writing on the blackboard its makes me feel as though my eyes are going to start bleeding.

Looking at Greg, Andy can see he seems to be oblivious to the fact his nose has spontaneously started bleeding.
OOC:   As he's outside in the corridor, Jacob can react to Gregs raised voice if wants to. If he enters the room he'll need to make a SAN roll though.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz continues writing. If she heard Andy speak, she doesn't give any sign of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob enters the room, he was waiting in the corridor. Once inside he takes a look at the professor and the board then his comrads.

"What's going on over here ?"

Power check and SAN roll (1d100=2, 1d100=81) - Power pass, SAN fail
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay is sitting out in the car, trying to find a decent music station to listen to. "They've been in there a long time," he says to himself. "Well it must be important, I'll give a bit more time."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Jacob looks at the script Westerlund and Liz are writing on the blackboard he feels as though God is screaming a message at him. A message which is trying to batter open doors in his mind in order to expand his conciousness. As he steps forward Jacob can't help but think god does not scream like a tantruming child, force of will and faith allow Jacob to step back and consider his actions.
Last edited by ghill on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I hate using phones to do this stuff!!
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Hashem Yishmor .... what are you writing?
Jacob step away
I have an headache, it looks so familiar but yet so alien
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy stands, a wave of nausea hits him, for a moment he thinks that he's going to throw up but the feeling passes. He moves towards Liz and Westerlund he doesn't know what's happening but he knows it's not good, the pair must be stopped from covering the blackboard in the weird writing... whatever influence had hold of the two had to be stopped.

"Greg... get the Professor away from the blackboard..." he says as he reaches out to Liz aiming to pull her away and get her sat down.

"Jacob... Jacob.... get those pottery shards covered up... don't... don't look at them too long...."

As his hand grips Liz's arm he gently tries to pull her away.. "Liz.. Liz... it's ok... just come away and sit down.." he says in a soothing voice, trying to not look at the blackboard.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

He doesn't want to stop writing Greg shouts across to Andy as Westerlund tightens his grip on the chalk and snatches his arm way from Greg to resume writing.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob lower his look down and tries to place something on the pottery shards. He turn around and walks in reverse to the board with caution, when he reach it he tries to push the professor aside.
Hey, snap out of this !
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz resists, trying to pull free and keep writing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Its a bit like bumper cars Jacob pushes Professor Westerlund who stumbles back but then with a small plaintif cry of distress steps straight back to the board and continues writing.

Likewise every effort by Andy to gently steer Liz away from the board is just met with a shrug as she escapes his grip and resumes writing.

Greg speed dials Clay. "Hey Clay, we're in the lecture hall nearest to the prof's office and we may need some help, can you bring my "Go Bag" up from the car". Greg then turns to the others "I have some mild sedatives in my Doctors bag if anyone thinks that will help?"
OOC:   Its quite clear to Andy, Greg and Jacob that the only way to stop the professor and Liz writing will be to physically restrain them from doing so.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay was kicked back enjoying some tunes in the car when his phone rang. He went from the laid back rocker, to tense body guard in a minute. "I'll be right there."
He hangs up the phone and grabs the docs bag and sprints into the building looking for the group. "Greg, Liz, I'm here."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy nods to Greg at his suggestion that the enthralled pair might need to be sedated to snap them out of their unnatural actions.

"The 'softly, softly' approach isn't going to work.... get the Professor in a bear hug... " he says as he pulls Liz's arm away from the blackboard and makes a grab, trying to restrain Liz in a 'bear hug'.
OOC:   Andy's grapple is 25% but he's not a big chap.. STR 9, SIZ 8.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob leaves the professor for now and helps Andy with Liz. Clay will come and with Greg's help will put the professor to sleep.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay bursts into the room, fists up ready to fight. "Who do I knock out first?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg snatches his 'go bag' out of Clay's hands and starts rooting through it. "Give me a moment"

Grabbing her by the shoulders Jacob and Andy don't have any real problems restraining Liz, she struggles for a moment but isn't violent. Held by the two men ad unable to return to the blackboard she starts to sob quite uncontrollably.
OOC:   Can I have a POW roll from Clay please.  

Return to “Watch the World Burn”