CH2-11 Brichester U.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: CH2-11 Brichester U.

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay Has the Power,[dice]0[/dice]
"Whoa, what is going on here?" Clay asks. Obviously he doesn't understand the intricacies of the artifacts to be affected. If someone needs grappling away from the chalkboard, Clay jumps in to help out.

OOC: I hope this works.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Clay,As Clay rushes into the room its hard to avoid looking at the script Westerlund and Liz are writing over the huge blackboards in the lecture hall. For a short moment Clay feels like someone is screaming a very important message at him. Clay is left with the streong feeling that if he started writing the message would be something incredibly important, something earth shattering. Realising his friends need his assistance Clay adopts the same sort of approach he used on the football pitch, focus, focus, focus there are things which need to be done. - Clay can ignore the message/script and is unaffected.
OOC:   Clay does not seem drawn to write anything.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg finds what he's looking for in his small bag and while Andy and Jacob restrain Liz, he takes a firm grip of her chin and then pops a couple of colourful looking pills into her mouth.

Give her a few moments, its not normally fast acting, but I gave her double the dose so it should take effect shortly. Even as Greg is saying this Liz is relaxing slightly in Jacob and Andy's arms. Do you want to try the same with the professor? Greg asks.
OOC:   Was waiting to see if there was any further comments from BentRat, but I want to push on.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Ward

Andy

"Thanks Greg, let's hope that calms Liz down... I don't think we ought to give the Prof. any medication but we ought to get him some help."

Andy manoeuvres Liz to a chair.. "How zonked out will she be? We need to get her and the artefacts to the car as soon as possible... two of us will stay here and get help for the Professor, the rest need to get back to 'base'.

"Someone get a picture of the blackboard and that writing... "
OOC:   Basically suggesting that Andy and one other summon help for the Prof. after the others take Liz and the artefacts and leave... Greg ought to go (to look after LIz) ... probably best for Andy and Jacob to stay and get help from the university staff.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Staring at the prof Greg shakes his head "Liz'll be fine, although I think perhaps we should take her out of the room and keep and eye on her. I gave her the equivalent of a double dose of Valium, she's not going to be out of it just a bit dulled. I am however rather concerned about the professor. This behaviour is clearly a cause of stress and I really think we should stop him before he or anyone else gets hurt. I'm a doctor Andy whatever else we've done, my first rule must be 'Do no harm'"
OOC:   Greg, isn't going to take an action which might cause him to effectively take a SAN roll.Liz can talk and act on her own (but feels like she's just run a marathon and would prefer to avoid talking/looking acknowledging the existence writing.)  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"You may be a doctor but you're not licensed to practise in the UK, if you give the Professor any medication then the University authorities will report you.. the Paramedics will make a report too. With what happened before I think we need to continue to 'fly under the radar' for as long as we can." Andy sees the look on Greg's face "OK.... fine... you stay with the Professor but don't give him anything... unless absolutely necessary... Clay, Jacob both of you better get Liz out of here, take the artefacts with you... don't go examining them though!"

Andy heads towards the door... "I'm going for help... Greg hold the fort till I get back... You two, get Liz away from here." the last comment addressed to Clay]/b] and Jacob

Andy heads off to the 'front office' to report Westerlund's 'collapse'.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Can I just confirm something, are you leaving the writing on the blackboards?  
"Yeah. OK, I wont do anything, but surely we cant leave him like this?" says Greg gesturing at the professor.

Its clear to everyone in the room the professor is getting more and more frustrated, constantly rubbing out and correcting unknown mistakes on the blackboard, he seems close to tears. Largely he seems to be writing pretty much the same thing over and over.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   My idea is/was to take a photo (using a mobile) and then wipe the board...

And the plan is to get the Uni to get an ambulance out to deal with the Professor - Andy will stay and try to keep him safe/calm - I don't think we need to 'break cover' at this time ... we're meant to be here interviewing him..  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Sorry I didn't post, I was kind of waiting for someone to tell me what the hell was going on first before acting. Then got busy  
Clay checks and makes sure Liz is breathing. "Cover that old crap up, that might help." he says as he picks her up gingerly and starts carrying her to the car. "I'll be in the car with Liz."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy takes shots of the Blackboard and then starts to wipe it down, as he does so the professor lets out a cry of anguish, pushes Andy out the way then starts to try and rewrite what he just rubbed out.

Lets ring for the paramedics now then says Greg. If they're anything like the ones back home we can have cleared out by the time they get back.
OOC:   BenTheRat: Liz is concious and Lucid, just very withdrawn, imagine a friend who has just seen a major car crash and realised that could have been them. carnage_lee, if I've just acted against your intentions for Andy please say.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz goes along meekly, a thousand yard stare emanating from her eyes.
OOC,Am I able to speak or function at all? Do I remember what happened?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz,The description I gave when Liz first saw the script is pretty much exactly how [b]Liz[/b] felt. The desire to write down the text and understand what it means still nags at Liz, but its more like a hankering for a cigarette than an irrepressible need. There is a part of Liz however that understands that the message isn't really anything of consequence, its simply written in a language so old and so pure that it underpins every other language and she just wants to understand it.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay stops at the car looking down at her. "Are you ok?" he asks concern in his voice. He sets her on her feet, but keeps a hand on her arm in case she begins to collapse.

He opens the door to the back seat, "sit down until you feel better."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My head is stuffed with cotton," mumbles Liz. She slides into the back seat, her eyes still distant and vacant. "I...guess I went a bit wibbly back there. I'll be all right, thanks."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

'Do you need some water?" Clay asks trying to remember if there was any with them.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[Image

Liz nods. "It was the protolanguage," she says, her mind still somewhat distant. "What I was writing didn't really mean anything, but it held clues to how the protolanguage works...how all languages work. Because they all come from it."
OOC,Was what drove me insane a Mythos source? Do I get +5 to my Cthulhu Mythos?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
Brichester University - Westerlund's classroom

Andy checks the door for the number of the room that they're in, then dials '999' on his mobile... after asking for the Ambulance service in response to the operators answer he proceeds to give the details to the person that he's put through to... explaining that the Professor has had some kind of seizure or fit and has been writing 'some nonsense' on the blackboard over and over.. his explanation takes a while to sink in and the operator eventually agrees to send help but an ambulance will take some time to arrive.

"Greg, let's get the Professor out into the hall... we take some chairs outside and get his sat down, at least outside he can't do any more writing... Jacob... let's get some chairs into the hallway..." he says after hanging up...
OOC:   Hopefully between them they can stop the Prof from writing... anyone asking can be told 'he's having a funny turn'. Once everyone is out of the classroom, Andy will rub off all the weird writings... and make sure they've left nothing.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   I believe Jacob is in the room as well so can help.  
Between the three of them Andy, Jacob and Greg get the Prof away from the blackboard and out of the room. Greg then leaves Jacob and Andy outside while he rushes back into the class room and wipes the blackboards clean.

The prof does not take the interruption crying and then shouting with frustration as he is manhandled away, but apart from a few thumps and digs in his effort to get back to his task does not get particularly violent, pushed into his seat he starts to sob like a man who has just suffered a terrible loss.

A few moments later pale chalk covered Greg steps out of the room. And swiftly checks the profs vitals "He's OK a mild case of shock, I think. He should be fine as long as the paramedics don't take to long to get here.Shall we go?" he says "Before anyone asks any questions."

Moments later a female member* of faculty appears declaring herself a "first aider" and asking what has gone on?
If you stay,The prof continues to cry even as he's being loaded into the ambulance, although he does seem to take some solace from the presence of the member of staff and Greg says from the look of it he's responding well to the Paramedics attention - he climbs onto the ambulance largely unaided.
Jacob & Greg,its the same imposing woman who chased you from the college the last time.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob leaves to where Liz and Clay are, The Rabbi says a silent pray before addressing to Liz.

Dear Liz, what happened to you? It seems that you were in a catatonic state ... like someone is not responsible for his doings. Do you recall anything from the room and the chalk board?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Glad you are here Jacob. Some sort of proto-plasma or something. Went over my head," Clay says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Watch the World Burn”