Page 1 of 1

CH2-11 Brichester U.

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:54 am
by ghill
Professor Westerlund meets you in his office, but its immediately clear the room is to small and he leads you all to a small classroom.

"I've not told anyone you're with the media" says Westerlund "So I'd appreciate it if you don't interview anyone else while you're here and burst that bubble. Now I understand you have some follow up questions you wnated to ask?"

Re: CH2-11 Brichester U.

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:34 pm
by royya
Jacob leaves the questions to the others. He checks the corridor and the outside from the windoe if someone is watching them.

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz finds a seat, feeling at home in the classroom setting. She takes out her notepad and pen, sitting poised and ready to take notes, but she'll let the others take the lead in asking the questions.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:08 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy nods to the Professor "That's just fine Professor Westerlund, we don't plan on interviewing anyone else here." Andy nods to Jacob as the Rabbi double checks the corridor and then looks out the window.

"The situation has changed somewhat since we spoke last Professor it appears that some others are interested in what Gossham's work and as he was murdered were taking the situation very seriously... Andy pauses to make sure Jacob is satisfied....

"We've had some further information and 'objects' have been give to us... obviously these sources need to be verified and we'd like to ask your opinion on these..." with that Andy open the large holdall and takes out the map case.. uncapping it he pulls out the 'golf plated' femur.. What do you make of this?" he asks... eyes on Westerlund's face.

OOC:   Are we all there?  

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:18 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   Albert isn't - he will concentrate on creating the ids and credit cards sorted at his place. I think if we were all there we may spook him and we have already taken his photo at the previous interview - so there is no need for a photographer to be present again  

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 pm
by ghill
"What the hell man, put it down at once" says Westerlund in a tone of voice which seems entirely unfitting for the rumpled old man. "the oils in your skin will be doing it irreparable damage"

Westerlund quickly dashes back to his office returning wearing a pair of silk gloves. Picking up the sceptre he starts to examine it in detail "Remarkable metal work, here around the top its almost like leaf and the wire.....Minoan perhaps? It looks remarkably similar to a Minoan religious mace, but the metal work is remarkably complete and shows remarkable craftsmanship?" Westerlund places the sceptre carefully down on the table in front of him, glancing at the large hold all. "Is there anything else?"

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay stays out in the car, just to make sure they have a get away and can be an early warning if he sees anyone entering the building looking suspicious, or carrying big guns.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:58 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy is a little taken aback by the admonishment received for handling the 'sceptre'. "Minoan.... as in the 'Minotaur'? he asks.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:25 pm
by ghill
Indeed Minoan as in the Minotaur, but the Minoans weren't in the habit of using bone like that and as I said the metal work is more advanced than you'd expect for the period. Would it be stupid of me to ask if you know it's provenance is, or wether you are prepared to tell me what it is? It's an extremely unusual piece. Quite unique.
OOC:   Can I have a Psychology roll from those present in the room bother ing to watch the professor  

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:06 am
by ghill
Psych Success,The professor is clearly both excited (could be a natural reaction for a guy who's lifetime is spent looking for and digging up this sort of thing) and a little bit shocked/confused by what he's being shown.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:06 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Psychology 25%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 am
by carnage_lee
OOC:   So Andy doesn't notice Westerlund's excitement/confusion - in deference to time zones, I'll hold off till Mr H has had chance to review Liz's roll and information gleaned.  

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"I see you're as thrilled by this as I am, Professor," says Liz, excitement in her voice. "Wait until you see the other objects."
OOC,No need to wait for me, but thank you. I can only post for a few hours each day during the week.

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:41 am
by ghill
"I'm not sure thrilled is quite the word I would use young lady" grunts Westerlund as he examines one and then another of the artefacts. After twenty minutes of silence, during which Westerlund examines each piece in minute detail, he finally looks up. "This is why Adrian was killed isn't it. He was peddling fake artefacts and someone found out. Are they Greenhalhg's or someone like him?" He picks up the sceptre. "I mean they're all like this, absolutely beautiful pieces but each of them is slightly out. Whoever made the pieces clearly did a lot of work, but they probably had a background in art, rather than a archaeology or history. I mean they all suffer the same problem they're displaced, the quality of work doesn't match the closest historical analog. Its a bit like finding oh I don't know....Um, a working steam engine in Medieval times. I'm sure if I subjected these to radiocarbon dating or neutron activation analysis we'd find the real age of the object, and the bone in the sceptre came from the butchers last month.

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:10 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy watches intently as the Professor inspects the artefacts that they had liberated from where Gossham's belongings has been stored. Andy ponders Westerlund's remarks after his inspection.

"I'm not in a position to say where these items came from, I'm sure you can understand... and I appreciate your appraisal of the pieces. But I will say that it would be premature to link Gossham to the sale of any 'fakes', perhaps that wasn't his link in this, would you consider it 'in character' for your colleague to be involved in something like that... a forgery ring?" Andy asks... the declaration that these were all 'modern' fakes has him a bit stunned, the idea didn't occur... his mind raced.
Andy Wade thinking:   'Fakes! But expertly made but all 'anachronistic' the same phrase that was used to describe the statue remnants in that dig on Malta. So... if it's forgeries then they're coming in from Albania... something 'organised crime' might be involved with - but a lot more effort than running prostitutes and drugs - doesn't sit with what we know about the Albanian gangs. Where and when did [b]Gossham[/b] get these, all in one go or collected over time... [b]Gossham[/b] had some trouble on his last visit... possible that was to do with these artefacts ... do they somehow support his theories too? Were they made to support his views... fakes that [b]Gossham[/b] was to produce to prop up his thesis? Or was it all simply that there was a gang dealing in fakes and they wanted [b]Gossham[/b] dead .... did he double cross them, did he discover their 'game'...? More puzzles... no answers.. So on the face of it we have.... Gossham was a crackpot... these are fakes and he was taken in by them and they helped forge his weird ideas... or Gossham was right, these are the proof(s) of his ideas .... or Gossham was a 'fake peddling criminal' and was silenced for..? or Gossham discovered some conspiracy to sell fake artefacts.... Ok... if he did discover a criminal gang.. why not alert the police? If he had alerted the police then he wouldn't have the artefacts... they'd be 'evidence'.. so that leaves ...  
OOC:   Greenhalgh would had been very topical in 2008 - the trail was in November 2007. I vaguely remember the documentary that the BBC made.

One thing that Andy will ask for is the 'thing(s) that's wrong with each item' and what they are supposed to be... where from, era, usage (don't you dare say ceremonial...!)  

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:22 pm
by ghill
The book
Stored within a small, unadorned stoneware box itself placed within a well-made velvet lined wooden box:
A codex with four pages of what appears to be solid gold sheets - The book measures 8 centimetres in length and 4.5 centimetres in width. It is bound together by gold wire.
Each plate is covered in what appears to be text of some kind. Although the characters are indecipherable at the centre of each page is a single image: they are a horse, a boat, the sun and a knife or possibly a sword.

"Well OK, this piece is fairly unique, I've not really seen anything quite like it before. There's no practical way to understand the writing without either some vast computing power or a Rosetta Stone of some kind. However, I would say there are some similarities between the script in the book to, Linear A but this is far more refined which doesn't make sense considering the gold smithing is far beyond the period.

I'd have to carry out Noble Gas Analysis on the gold to date it but gold work versus Linea A says deliberate hoax and random scratching to me. If it was Linear A which it isn't...its far more complicated, nor is it Cretan hieroglyphs which is slightly older still and neither culture has ever turned up what is in essence a book!!

The Golden Femur
Wrapped within a velvet cloth and sealed within a hard leather map case:
About 20 inches in length the two ends of what looks like its abone have been carefully covered and capped the whole thing has an embossed design of a naked male with upraised arms the head however is that of a the sun or more likely a star, the whole thing is covered in flat, thin sheets of gold which have been carefully beaten around the bone.

OK well I don't really have much to add to this one. It resembles some ceremonial artefacts of early Bronze Age Crete, during the Minoan era. Which would mean it predates Linear A, its a bit like a bishops scepte. I digress, but the craftsman ship would date it some considerable time after that, almost late Hellenic, not impossible I suppose but highly unlikely, again Noble gas analysis of the gold and carbon dating on the bone wil probably tell us the truth.

The Coin necklace
Stored in a blue velvet lined box, the necklace consists of 18 ancient coins hanging on a heavy gold 9" chain. The coins have all been crudely struck on fragments of other coins.

OK so coin necklaces are common enough throughout the ancient world, its a ostentatious way of showing wealth what I don't understand is why someone would spend so much money and effort creating this. I cant identify any of the fragments which have been struck onto other coins. But lets be clear the complete coins could grace a museum, the fragments themselves are unrecognisable, Oh and I bet if we were to separate the coins we'd find modern solder, you couldn't attach the coin fragments to the complete coins without a very accurate and precise controlof heat.

The faded ceramics
Wrapped in a yellowed copy of the Times dated 12th October 1913 are three large pieces of ceramic. Two bear heavily worked painted decorations incorporating equine motifs. The third, larger, piece was also decorated, but has been defaced: At some point in time someone has scratched the same pattern of symbols into the pottery over and over again.

Well these are just rather more detailed examples of Maltese fragments....

Westerlund's voice drifts off as he picks up a piece of chalk and starts to copy the characters off the third larger piece of pottery and starts to duplicate them on the blackboard. After five minutes he's still writing on the blackboard as though he's been told to write lines by some headmaster and is completely ignoring the rest of you

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:01 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy checks with Liz that she's got notes of what Westerlund has to say about all the pieces... he then becomes aware that Westerlund is still writing on the board..
Andy thinking:   'What on earth.... talk about absent minded professor... pity Albert's not here he could take some snaps of those marks he's making... what IS he doing...  

"Ummm.... Professor... what are you doing?" Andy asks a bit nonplussed at the man's actions....
OOC:   Quick check... 9" chain for a necklace?  

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:46 pm
by ghill
The professor seems entirely consumed by the task and pays absolutely no attention to Andy, its as if everything else in the room has ceased to exist.
OOC:   Can I have POW checks (roll D100 and the result is a multiple of your POW characteristic, the lower the better) from everyone in the room or who might look into the room at this point.  
OOC:   lee - The chain connects to the coins at each end so the coins are also part of the length of necklace ie another 9-10 inches, it will fit around a normal person's neck  

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:55 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy - POW: 13,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:13 pm
by ghill
Andy,As [b]Andy[/b] looks at the script [b]Westerlund[/b] is writing on the blackboard its like someone is screaming a message at him. A message which is trying to batter open doors in his mind in order to expand his conciousness. Through force of will alone Andy is able to shrug off the sense that if only he started to repeat the message he'd be able to understand it.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"It would be a good idea to date the artifacts and find out just how old they really are," says Liz, but Professor Westerlund doesn't respond. "Hmm...maybe that's some sort of automatic writing." Then her mind goes blank.
OOC,Yay! :?

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:19 am
by ghill
Liz,As Liz looks at the script Westerlund is writing on the blackboard its like someone is screaming a message at him. A message which is trying to batter open doors in her mind in order to expand her conciousness. The sense that if only she started to repeat the message she'd be able to understand it is overwhelming [b]5 San lost - temporary insanity is you must keep writing. inability to do so causes a (non violent) breakdown.[/b]
Andy and Greg (and Jacob should he be looking into the room) watch as Liz also picks up a piece of chalk and starts writing, jostling with Westerlund for space on the blackboard as she does so.

Greg, gripping the side of his head as though he's just be hit by something. "What the actual f*ck man?!"

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:27 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy shakes his head and shudders as the strange feeling leaves him... leaves him with a sharp pain in his skull and flashes behind his eyes. Squinting in pain Andy gasps as Liz gets to her feet and joins Westerlund, both writing in tandem... the tapping of the chalk on the blackboard making the pain in his head pulse. "Liz ... what are you doing?" he pushes his chair back and steps towards them... "Did you guys feel that...?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:25 pm
by ghill
Greg looks at Andy if you mean did I feel someone take a sledgehammer to my head, then yeah I know exactly what your talking about! Gregs voice rises in volume until he's almost shouting Andy can see that he's turned away so he's not looking at the blackboard. Whatever it is they're writing on the blackboard its makes me feel as though my eyes are going to start bleeding.

Looking at Greg, Andy can see he seems to be oblivious to the fact his nose has spontaneously started bleeding.
OOC:   As he's outside in the corridor, Jacob can react to Gregs raised voice if wants to. If he enters the room he'll need to make a SAN roll though.  

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz continues writing. If she heard Andy speak, she doesn't give any sign of it.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:10 pm
by royya
Jacob enters the room, he was waiting in the corridor. Once inside he takes a look at the professor and the board then his comrads.

"What's going on over here ?"

Power check and SAN roll (1d100=2, 1d100=81) - Power pass, SAN fail

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:39 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay is sitting out in the car, trying to find a decent music station to listen to. "They've been in there a long time," he says to himself. "Well it must be important, I'll give a bit more time."

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:57 pm
by ghill
As Jacob looks at the script Westerlund and Liz are writing on the blackboard he feels as though God is screaming a message at him. A message which is trying to batter open doors in his mind in order to expand his conciousness. As he steps forward Jacob can't help but think god does not scream like a tantruming child, force of will and faith allow Jacob to step back and consider his actions.

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:13 pm
by royya
Hashem Yishmor .... what are you writing?
Jacob step away
I have an headache, it looks so familiar but yet so alien

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:48 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy stands, a wave of nausea hits him, for a moment he thinks that he's going to throw up but the feeling passes. He moves towards Liz and Westerlund he doesn't know what's happening but he knows it's not good, the pair must be stopped from covering the blackboard in the weird writing... whatever influence had hold of the two had to be stopped.

"Greg... get the Professor away from the blackboard..." he says as he reaches out to Liz aiming to pull her away and get her sat down.

"Jacob... Jacob.... get those pottery shards covered up... don't... don't look at them too long...."

As his hand grips Liz's arm he gently tries to pull her away.. "Liz.. Liz... it's ok... just come away and sit down.." he says in a soothing voice, trying to not look at the blackboard.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:06 pm
by ghill
He doesn't want to stop writing Greg shouts across to Andy as Westerlund tightens his grip on the chalk and snatches his arm way from Greg to resume writing.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm
by royya
Jacob lower his look down and tries to place something on the pottery shards. He turn around and walks in reverse to the board with caution, when he reach it he tries to push the professor aside.
Hey, snap out of this !

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:57 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz resists, trying to pull free and keep writing.

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 am
by ghill
Its a bit like bumper cars Jacob pushes Professor Westerlund who stumbles back but then with a small plaintif cry of distress steps straight back to the board and continues writing.

Likewise every effort by Andy to gently steer Liz away from the board is just met with a shrug as she escapes his grip and resumes writing.

Greg speed dials Clay. "Hey Clay, we're in the lecture hall nearest to the prof's office and we may need some help, can you bring my "Go Bag" up from the car". Greg then turns to the others "I have some mild sedatives in my Doctors bag if anyone thinks that will help?"
OOC:   Its quite clear to Andy, Greg and Jacob that the only way to stop the professor and Liz writing will be to physically restrain them from doing so.  

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:36 am
by BenTheRat
Clay was kicked back enjoying some tunes in the car when his phone rang. He went from the laid back rocker, to tense body guard in a minute. "I'll be right there."
He hangs up the phone and grabs the docs bag and sprints into the building looking for the group. "Greg, Liz, I'm here."

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:59 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy nods to Greg at his suggestion that the enthralled pair might need to be sedated to snap them out of their unnatural actions.

"The 'softly, softly' approach isn't going to work.... get the Professor in a bear hug... " he says as he pulls Liz's arm away from the blackboard and makes a grab, trying to restrain Liz in a 'bear hug'.
OOC:   Andy's grapple is 25% but he's not a big chap.. STR 9, SIZ 8.  

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:22 am
by royya
Jacob leaves the professor for now and helps Andy with Liz. Clay will come and with Greg's help will put the professor to sleep.

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:12 am
by BenTheRat
Clay bursts into the room, fists up ready to fight. "Who do I knock out first?"

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 am
by ghill
Greg snatches his 'go bag' out of Clay's hands and starts rooting through it. "Give me a moment"

Grabbing her by the shoulders Jacob and Andy don't have any real problems restraining Liz, she struggles for a moment but isn't violent. Held by the two men ad unable to return to the blackboard she starts to sob quite uncontrollably.
OOC:   Can I have a POW roll from Clay please.  

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:07 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay Has the Power,[dice]0[/dice]
"Whoa, what is going on here?" Clay asks. Obviously he doesn't understand the intricacies of the artifacts to be affected. If someone needs grappling away from the chalkboard, Clay jumps in to help out.

OOC: I hope this works.

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:41 pm
by ghill
Clay,As Clay rushes into the room its hard to avoid looking at the script Westerlund and Liz are writing over the huge blackboards in the lecture hall. For a short moment Clay feels like someone is screaming a very important message at him. Clay is left with the streong feeling that if he started writing the message would be something incredibly important, something earth shattering. Realising his friends need his assistance Clay adopts the same sort of approach he used on the football pitch, focus, focus, focus there are things which need to be done. - Clay can ignore the message/script and is unaffected.
OOC:   Clay does not seem drawn to write anything.  

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:08 pm
by ghill
Greg finds what he's looking for in his small bag and while Andy and Jacob restrain Liz, he takes a firm grip of her chin and then pops a couple of colourful looking pills into her mouth.

Give her a few moments, its not normally fast acting, but I gave her double the dose so it should take effect shortly. Even as Greg is saying this Liz is relaxing slightly in Jacob and Andy's arms. Do you want to try the same with the professor? Greg asks.
OOC:   Was waiting to see if there was any further comments from BentRat, but I want to push on.  

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:01 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Ward

Andy

"Thanks Greg, let's hope that calms Liz down... I don't think we ought to give the Prof. any medication but we ought to get him some help."

Andy manoeuvres Liz to a chair.. "How zonked out will she be? We need to get her and the artefacts to the car as soon as possible... two of us will stay here and get help for the Professor, the rest need to get back to 'base'.

"Someone get a picture of the blackboard and that writing... "
OOC:   Basically suggesting that Andy and one other summon help for the Prof. after the others take Liz and the artefacts and leave... Greg ought to go (to look after LIz) ... probably best for Andy and Jacob to stay and get help from the university staff.  

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:13 pm
by ghill
Staring at the prof Greg shakes his head "Liz'll be fine, although I think perhaps we should take her out of the room and keep and eye on her. I gave her the equivalent of a double dose of Valium, she's not going to be out of it just a bit dulled. I am however rather concerned about the professor. This behaviour is clearly a cause of stress and I really think we should stop him before he or anyone else gets hurt. I'm a doctor Andy whatever else we've done, my first rule must be 'Do no harm'"
OOC:   Greg, isn't going to take an action which might cause him to effectively take a SAN roll.Liz can talk and act on her own (but feels like she's just run a marathon and would prefer to avoid talking/looking acknowledging the existence writing.)  

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:04 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

"You may be a doctor but you're not licensed to practise in the UK, if you give the Professor any medication then the University authorities will report you.. the Paramedics will make a report too. With what happened before I think we need to continue to 'fly under the radar' for as long as we can." Andy sees the look on Greg's face "OK.... fine... you stay with the Professor but don't give him anything... unless absolutely necessary... Clay, Jacob both of you better get Liz out of here, take the artefacts with you... don't go examining them though!"

Andy heads towards the door... "I'm going for help... Greg hold the fort till I get back... You two, get Liz away from here." the last comment addressed to Clay]/b] and Jacob

Andy heads off to the 'front office' to report Westerlund's 'collapse'.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:54 am
by ghill
OOC:   Can I just confirm something, are you leaving the writing on the blackboards?  
"Yeah. OK, I wont do anything, but surely we cant leave him like this?" says Greg gesturing at the professor.

Its clear to everyone in the room the professor is getting more and more frustrated, constantly rubbing out and correcting unknown mistakes on the blackboard, he seems close to tears. Largely he seems to be writing pretty much the same thing over and over.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:44 am
by carnage_lee
OOC:   My idea is/was to take a photo (using a mobile) and then wipe the board...

And the plan is to get the Uni to get an ambulance out to deal with the Professor - Andy will stay and try to keep him safe/calm - I don't think we need to 'break cover' at this time ... we're meant to be here interviewing him..  

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:08 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Sorry I didn't post, I was kind of waiting for someone to tell me what the hell was going on first before acting. Then got busy  
Clay checks and makes sure Liz is breathing. "Cover that old crap up, that might help." he says as he picks her up gingerly and starts carrying her to the car. "I'll be in the car with Liz."

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:26 pm
by ghill
Andy takes shots of the Blackboard and then starts to wipe it down, as he does so the professor lets out a cry of anguish, pushes Andy out the way then starts to try and rewrite what he just rubbed out.

Lets ring for the paramedics now then says Greg. If they're anything like the ones back home we can have cleared out by the time they get back.
OOC:   BenTheRat: Liz is concious and Lucid, just very withdrawn, imagine a friend who has just seen a major car crash and realised that could have been them. carnage_lee, if I've just acted against your intentions for Andy please say.  

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz goes along meekly, a thousand yard stare emanating from her eyes.
OOC,Am I able to speak or function at all? Do I remember what happened?

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:27 am
by ghill
Liz,The description I gave when Liz first saw the script is pretty much exactly how [b]Liz[/b] felt. The desire to write down the text and understand what it means still nags at Liz, but its more like a hankering for a cigarette than an irrepressible need. There is a part of Liz however that understands that the message isn't really anything of consequence, its simply written in a language so old and so pure that it underpins every other language and she just wants to understand it.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay stops at the car looking down at her. "Are you ok?" he asks concern in his voice. He sets her on her feet, but keeps a hand on her arm in case she begins to collapse.

He opens the door to the back seat, "sit down until you feel better."

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:10 pm
by Mr. Handy

"My head is stuffed with cotton," mumbles Liz. She slides into the back seat, her eyes still distant and vacant. "I...guess I went a bit wibbly back there. I'll be all right, thanks."

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:29 pm
by BenTheRat
'Do you need some water?" Clay asks trying to remember if there was any with them.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
[Image

Liz nods. "It was the protolanguage," she says, her mind still somewhat distant. "What I was writing didn't really mean anything, but it held clues to how the protolanguage works...how all languages work. Because they all come from it."
OOC,Was what drove me insane a Mythos source? Do I get +5 to my Cthulhu Mythos?

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:48 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade
Brichester University - Westerlund's classroom

Andy checks the door for the number of the room that they're in, then dials '999' on his mobile... after asking for the Ambulance service in response to the operators answer he proceeds to give the details to the person that he's put through to... explaining that the Professor has had some kind of seizure or fit and has been writing 'some nonsense' on the blackboard over and over.. his explanation takes a while to sink in and the operator eventually agrees to send help but an ambulance will take some time to arrive.

"Greg, let's get the Professor out into the hall... we take some chairs outside and get his sat down, at least outside he can't do any more writing... Jacob... let's get some chairs into the hallway..." he says after hanging up...
OOC:   Hopefully between them they can stop the Prof from writing... anyone asking can be told 'he's having a funny turn'. Once everyone is out of the classroom, Andy will rub off all the weird writings... and make sure they've left nothing.  

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:13 pm
by ghill
OOC:   I believe Jacob is in the room as well so can help.  
Between the three of them Andy, Jacob and Greg get the Prof away from the blackboard and out of the room. Greg then leaves Jacob and Andy outside while he rushes back into the class room and wipes the blackboards clean.

The prof does not take the interruption crying and then shouting with frustration as he is manhandled away, but apart from a few thumps and digs in his effort to get back to his task does not get particularly violent, pushed into his seat he starts to sob like a man who has just suffered a terrible loss.

A few moments later pale chalk covered Greg steps out of the room. And swiftly checks the profs vitals "He's OK a mild case of shock, I think. He should be fine as long as the paramedics don't take to long to get here.Shall we go?" he says "Before anyone asks any questions."

Moments later a female member* of faculty appears declaring herself a "first aider" and asking what has gone on?
If you stay,The prof continues to cry even as he's being loaded into the ambulance, although he does seem to take some solace from the presence of the member of staff and Greg says from the look of it he's responding well to the Paramedics attention - he climbs onto the ambulance largely unaided.
Jacob & Greg,its the same imposing woman who chased you from the college the last time.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:24 pm
by royya
Jacob leaves to where Liz and Clay are, The Rabbi says a silent pray before addressing to Liz.

Dear Liz, what happened to you? It seems that you were in a catatonic state ... like someone is not responsible for his doings. Do you recall anything from the room and the chalk board?

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:10 am
by BenTheRat
"Glad you are here Jacob. Some sort of proto-plasma or something. Went over my head," Clay says.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Jacob," says Liz. "Protolanguage. It went into my head. I remember everything I did. I couldn't control myself. I had to write it all down and understand it. The writing was just gibberish, but it could help to understand the language. All the same, I'd rather not think about it. I'm doing better now. I still feel an urge to try to learn about the language, but I can suppress it."

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Denial...not just a river in Egypt ;)  

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:56 pm
by ghill
OOC:   When everyone is finished at the University they should go here This includes Albert whose work now we can consider largely finished.