CH2-10 The offices of Redrupp and Vosper

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH2-10 The offices of Redrupp and Vosper

Post by royya »

We should lure the mysterious person out somehow ... we took pictures of everyone now we need to see who will take the bait.
Jacob says to Greg and Clay
Let's write an email. pretend to be a gang member, saying that we found more clues and we should meet in private in a dark pub. Let's see who will come, we can pay a local courier to deliver a package with some photos we took to agitate the person.
ooc,I prefer horror and fantasy then spying novels ...
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Yea we had decided breaking in was not the plan.  
"We should email all the pics to Liz. Maybe she can ID some of them? What if we went in as cleaning people, or some inspection? If we had a couple bugs we could plant them while we were there." Clay suggested.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"What bait? We don't really have anything do we?" Clay asked.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I know it, you know it, Greg knows it but they don't.
Jacob replies
We have no other choice but to lie
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Greg looks at Clay and then at Jacob. "Sorry I'm confused Jacob that plan doesn't make sense, why would a gang member write anonymously to these guys? Why wouldn't they just walk up and say hey I've found this out? ....And If we send them the photos that just tells them we're watching them and they just ramp up the security." Greg, thinks for few moments "But the cleaners idea might have some merit. The cleaners who work at my hospital in the states, they're all immigrants on minimum wage. Jacobs you're the persuasive type I bet with some cash off Albert's card, you could persuade them to get us in, either let us in or perhaps sneak us in with their crew?"
Spys,Fantasy and horror - you should give Charles Stross's the [url=http://www.goodreads.com/series/50764-laundry-files]Laundry[/url] series a go then
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

I Second that,I've read those books recently on Giles' recommendation - they're all very good reads, especially for Cthulhu fans but work equally well as modern day spy/horror cross-over mixed with dry humour. If you've got a kindle - grab the short stories ( Overtime @ 38p, Down on the Farm @ 38p and Equiod @ 76p; there's all three in one (Three Tales from the Laundry Files @ £1.91 ) ) The short stories fit in between the novels but can be read without too many 'spoilers'.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Also" adds Greg "why cant we talk to some of the other members of staff outside the offices? Half my shift go down to the local bar when the shift is over, I bet these guys do the same thing. Personally, I'd rather talk to these guys in public when they have a few drinks to smooth the way than walk into their offices and start to spin them some bull shit. Look we haven't even heard how far along the others have got with their side of things, but I reckon we have at least a couple of days to get our act together."
OOC:   You are a day behind the others at the moment.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"That sounds like a plan. I saw a pub just up the road, looked like a good place to get pissed." Clay starts to head down.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Indeed only about 50 yards away is the Rising Sun its a classic Victorian corner pub just about hanging onto its original ambience in the face of an onslaught of officer workers by the virtue of the fact its not on the maid road.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

agreed, let's see if someone is in there. someone from the cleaning company.
Jacob says
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay and Jacob recognise a couple of faces in the crowd, all of whom look young enough to be fairly junior in the partnership (two women together and a man drinking alone, but who looks as though he may be waiting for someone)
OOC:   This isn't the sort of place you're likely to find anyone from the cleaning company this place is full of suits, spending to much money on expensive lagers and large glasses of wine. The contract cleaners will probably arrive at the office sometime in the early evening (an hour or so from now) you'll need to hang out at the back of the offices to grab them, or if you don't want to be seen around the offices follow them around to their next job.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Well we could try and pick up the two birds, or go back and snag the cleaning crew.
Clay says
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

The suits will be hard to crack as they are probably loyal to the company. We need someone who is in need of some cash.
Let's go back and find someone from the cleaning company

Jacob says
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Jacob, Clay and Greg walk back to towards the offices they are in time to see a large white mini bus pull up at the rear gate, a group of about five people get out and start unloading cleaning materials (vacuum cleaners mop buckets etc etc)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Clay ... take the credit card and go to the AM, pull out 200 GBP.
Jacob hands Clay the card and goes over to the bunch of people.
Excuse me kind sir.
He says to one of them. Trying to identify, from appearance only, the one who looks the "dumbest" and the the most bum-like.
Can I have a word with you.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg snaps the credit card out of Clays grasp "Probably better for Clay to stay with you Jacob, he's the most useful person to have around if it goes south. I'll go get the cash"

Jacob and Clay approach the cleaners Most of whom seem as though they are young Somalis as well as Central African, with a smattering of Poles and Kurds. They are all dressed in the same pale blue boiler suit with the company logo on the back "Quicky Clean"
OOC:   Can I have a Credit Rating check from Jacob please. Not sure how one goes about finding the person who looks the "dumbest" or most bum-like.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay just goes along with Jacob, not sure what his play is here, but just trying not to screw it up.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Credit Rating (1d100=51) - Fail.

Failing to guess who the poorer by appearance Jacob try one of the Kurds.
Hey man, do you want to earn some good money, let's say we'll start with 100 pounds?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The man seems confused by Jacob's approach, and both Greg and Jacob are left with the impression that he may not understand what Jacob has said. Before the man can reply, a tall Somali woman in her mid thirties and dressed in the same pale blue 'Quicky Clean' boiler suit intervenes. In very smooth English "Tarik, please get on with moving the floor polisher inside." she points at a large industrial polisher then inside before turning to Jacob and Clay. " Can I help you Sir?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg comes back with a wad of cash in his hands. "Whats going on?"

The Somali woman looks at Greg with a smile, "I think your friends want to offer me some money for something."
OOC:   Guys, a simple Persuade roll will get the two of you into the building dressed as Quicky Clean employees.  

Return to “Watch the World Burn”