CH2-10a Brichester bound

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH2-10a Brichester bound

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Now you mention it," says Liz, "the horses do look a lot like the tattoo, and it also resembles some of those carvings at the dig site."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay comes into the house to see everyone busy. "Hello there, we are back. What the hell is all this mess?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, hullo," says Liz, looking up. "This is Gosshamm's stuff. We learned a bit more from his letters. Gosshamm and Maria Dimachi were an item, it turns out. Also, we've got the name of an old mate of his in Albania who's a fixer and might be able to help us when we go there. I've got the spyware and the website up and running too. What did you find out?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy welcomes the others back and quickly tides the letters and papers away so that they can be seated, keeping those that are 'important' to hand.

"Talking to Westerlund didn't really add anything new or of interest, we have the interview recorded so you can listen if you want? This stuff is from that lockup you visited the other day, much more interesting... what do you make of these? " Andy indicates the artefacts...

"And, how did you get on in London?"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Hey fella, nice to see ya, how'd it go up town? Albert gets up and grabs a beer from the fridge for Clay Anyone want a refill?

He returns to the sofa - handing beers to those that requested one.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Yea, I'll take a beer. Afraid we didn't find out a lot. We stalked out the law firm, of Redrupp and Vosper. Geez even their names have their noses up someones arse. We found out they were buying up a lot of land in Malta and Gozo. Mostly the dig sites and the areas around them. We dug up the name Alex Rudaj the only trustee for the “Kush nderton” charity." Clay spells out nderton, not sure how to pronounce it. "Wonder if this Alex fellow is the mystery man we've been trying to put a finger on."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Westerlund did tell us the name of the property company that's also been buying up land at the dig sites: Green Meadow Holdings," adds Liz. "They bought the ones we looked at on Malta too. They're registered in Jersey, so it's going to take some prying to find out more about them, but I'd wager they're connected to the law firm."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"I think we can assume that 'Redrupp and Vosper' were acting for 'Green Meadow Holdings'; they may well be the same - we're not going to find out any time soon with the resources we have to hand, off shore company registrations are notoriously hard to unravel without cooperation. Finding anything we can about this 'Rudaj' character looks like it's our next step; best we tread carefully though. If it is him 'pulling the strings' then he's a very dangerous individual and we can't leave any tracks that lead back to us."

Andy thinks for a few moments, "What are out finances like Albert? I think we're going to need to get hold of new phones at least... he asks.
OOC:   We need to have a good think about the artefacts.... they must be important...  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

carnage_lee wrote:Andy Wade

"I think we can assume that 'Redrupp and Vosper' were acting for 'Green Meadow Holdings'; they may well be the same - we're not going to find out any time soon with the resources we have to hand,
OOC:   The letter would seem to indicate the three dig sites have been acquired by R&V whereas Westerlund was a clear that the company who owned this property was Green Meadow. One of the three cards is now defunct, its not entirely clear at what point the other two cards become worthless.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

God bless you friends.
says the Rabbi
This Rudaj fellow might be in Beaconfield
Jacob hands the documents they found to the others to see if they can dig something themselves.
Have you found something?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg, peruses the item laid out on the table. Picking each up in turn. What are we going to do with this stuff when its all over. I mean the book looks like gold. He opens the map case and unwraps the velvet to reveal the sceptre That looks decidedly as though its made out of some one's femur"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay looks over them, "Well I know a fence..."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It belongs in a museum," says Liz. "Really, I think Maria ought to have them. She was very close to Gosshamm, and she's interested in his research. We could have this lot shipped to Albania before we eventually head there ourselves, once we're done looking through it. She can prolly tell us more about them, but how would we explain how we got them?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

So what next says Greg
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

My nephew would probably cast D&D's detect magic on the items.
Jacob says and chuckles
But seriously, why should we send it to Albania, do you think the items are important for our investigation?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds like I'd get along with your nephew," says Liz with a smile. "Yeah, I think they might be relevant. It would be better to send them on and pick them up when we get there, just in case we have need of them. And if we don't, Maria should still have them. Anyway, I think we're ready to spring our little trap with the website. The hook is baited. Now we just have to see who bites."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Spoiler:
Liz, Can I have a Spot Hidden please and then a Computer Use - success in the first identifys a sudden increase in traffiic (as it happens) to Liz's new site, the second that the hits seem to be annonymised and highly secure (her little hidden viral payload trick doesn't seem to be getting any results)
OOC:   Guys, I'd appreciate some steer as to what and where your heading next.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Liz, were you able to find out anything on Raduj or whatever his name was? I mean that doesn't sound very common." Clay asks while wondering how he ended up with a bunch of nerds.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I haven't had time yet," says Liz. "I've been too busy coding and setting up my little Trojan Horse, but I'll get on that and see what I can find out about him." She looks back down at the laptop. "Hmm...doesn't seem like the bait's been taken yet."
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (61% skill) to detect the traffic increase. [dice]0[/dice] Computer Use roll (70% skill) to detect that the hits are anonymised. [dice]1[/dice] Once I find out what I can about [b]Rudaj[/b], are there any more leads we can follow up on in the UK or Malta? If not, we'd better start making preparations for a trip to Tirana, Albania.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz - Rudaj,The man has no obvious web presence beyond entries for the charity and very few relating to that. Even the address details you have for him in Beaconsfield don't seem tied to him in anyway (its on the books of a high end letting agency)

Return to “Watch the World Burn”