CH3-01 Albania

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: CH3-01 Albania

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You were right to advise caution," says Liz. "It was one of those gangs that murdered Professor Gosshamm. They gunned him down in broad daylight, and it was all caught on video. It was horrible." She shudders. "They've also killed some of his colleagues. It was big news back in the UK - that sort of thing doesn't usually happen there - but I suppose it didn't get as much press here. Could you arrange a meeting with Miss Dimachi? She needs to be warned of the danger she's in, and she may know more about what he discovered."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Inside: (Jacob, Liz)

"I only really know Miss Dimachi through il professore, I have seen her around when I work for other people but I am only nodding and smiling when I see her, we are not friends...acquaintances is this the word? But she works for Offices of the Albanian Archaeology Rescue Team and I can take you there and act as an interpreter, it is not a good time to be in Also maybe if we mention il professore's name she will more likely see us, does she know il professore is dead? I do not like to be the bearer of bad news"

Outside: (Andy, Clay(for the purpose of keeping an eye on his surroundings), Albert, Greg.)
Street life,Even the most unobservant of you realises despite the calm on the streets there is clearly an undercurrent of tension. The streets are unusually quiet,street cafes and restaurants painfully empty. Pedestrians move with unwarranted haste and there seem to be an awful lot of armed police around. NB: This is general atmosphere your now reasonably acute "we're in the shit radars" are not pinging it a general sense and not specifically about you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, that would be wonderful," says Liz. "We sent emails to Miss Dimachi to warn of the danger, but we never got a response from her. We did have to tell her what happened to Professor Gosshamm, but we don't know if she's read the emails. Could she be out at a dig site without access to the Internet?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Avlonyali shrugs "perhaps? I do not know her well enough to say, but she has an office, I have been to it with il professore. Maybe shoe does not answer because she does not know you? Maybe her email think its span. I have another business appointment this afternoon, but if you wish to go tomorrow I would be happy to take you."
Last edited by ghill on Wed May 06, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: formatting
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That sounds great," says Liz. "I suppose it would make sense to meet here tomorrow. What time works for you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

We don't want to be a burden Mr. Avlonyali, maybe he can write down the address in Albanian so a local taxi driver can help us get there ?
I we'll fail to find her we will be happy to use his help tomorrow, What do you say Liz ?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Tomorrow morning I should be free and we can meet here at say nine o'clock, after that I hope to have more work, so I can give you the address if you would rather, but I do not know whether I will be around to help if you have problems or need anything.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay makes a call into Liz, "Time to wrap this up, not sure whats going on, but something is."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you again," says Liz. "Please give us the address. We'll try today, but it might not be easy without someone who knows the language and local academia. if we end up needing your help we can still meet tomorrow."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"If you want me to come let us agree now. I want to help with this I consider myself il professore's friend, but I must still put bread on my familly's table, after tomorrow morning I may not be able to help. Also you must be careful in town, it is not a time to go a place like a blind man. The gangs are unhappy they attack the main police station in Tirana and there a battle in the main square of the city, between two of these gangs, many people were hurt.
"

Easy Psychology rolls from Liz and Jacob please a normal one from Clay if he's sitting only a table or so away, a difficult one if he sitting so as to watch the street.

Alex,He's already said he's got an interview after this meeting with a new client and may not be around when and if you need him.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

From his vantage point sat at a pavement table of a small cafe, Andy keeps an eye on the street, whilst enjoying an espresso and pretending to read a tourist guide he picked up. The level of tension 'on the streets' seeps into Andy's consciousness; there's nothing he can 'put his finger' on, just a general sense of unease.

Waiting until he can catch the eye of the waiter he asks for another espresso and a bottle of water, and asks about the level of police he has noticed...
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

In halting English with a strong Italian accent the waiter says there was a fire bombing and big shoot out in Tirana in the last two days, its quiet now, From what Andy can decipher from the waiters several policemen and a handful of bystanders were killed, no one knows what was behind the events.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Psych roll,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   fail  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh," says Liz. "Well, in that case we'd best go with you tomorrow rather than try on our own. I know you're busy, and we don't want to keep you too long." She extends her hand. "We'll see you in the morning."
OOC,Easy Psychology roll (35 x 2 = 70% skill) about [b]Alex[/b] [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Alex smiles and agrees he will meet you outside the hotel tomorrow morning at 0900 and he'll drive you to the offices. Then shaking Liz and Jacob's hands enthusiastically he turns and leaves the hotel.

Those outside observe Alex leave the hotel climb back into his car and drive off in the direction of Tirana.
Psych Liz,[b]Liz[/b] assumes from his facial expressions and general body language that [b]Alex[/b] was confused and perhaps bit unhappy/embarrassed when Liz and Jacob didn't accept his offer at first.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think he was confused and upset that we didn't accept his offer of help at first," Liz says to Jacob after Alex leaves. "And please try to remember not to call me Liz in front of people when I'm being Chloe. I don't think he noticed. I suppose I could always say that's my middle name if anyone asks, but it's best to avoid it in the first place." She speaks to Clay. "Everything okay out there? Are the bad guys coming to kill us?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

I just didn't want to waste his time so it was a compliment.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I guess he wasn't thinking in those terms," says Liz. "I wanted to go today because I was worried something might happen to Maria Dimachi and didn't want to wait before we warned her, but with the situation the way it is, we'd best not."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy thanks the waiter for his information and service; making a mental note to tell the others about the unrest. He settles back and continues to watch the street.
OOC:   Andy will wait for 15 - 20 mins after Alex leaves.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Twenty minutes later and rather full of coffee and a complimentary glass of Rakia, Andy is happy there is no one watching the hotel or acting against those inside. Likewise Clay, Greg and Albert all confirm nothing suspicious.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”