CH3-01 Albania

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH3-01 Albania

Post by royya »

Jacob is giving Alex the location of the hotel and the hour to meet him and Liz downstairs. He asks for contact information to Maria, comparing with Alex the information he had. He thanks him and greets him farewell for now.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think you've got it covered. Do we still have our Bluetooth devices? We could use those to communicate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert looks at Andy Man, you really know your Jason Bourne routines he smiles and winks but you're right we can't too be careful, we've been burnt before....pun intended his face gets serious.

Ok, I'll go get the hire car and then I'll spend some time driving around the local area so I get familiar with the roads. Don't want to have a make a getaway and drive down a dead end. he gets up Meet you back here in a couple of hours?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Avlonyali says he's familiar with the location of the hotel and he'll happily meet Jacob there. He asks Jacob what details they have for Maria and agrees they are the same as the ones he has.
OOC:   Hotels - there are a number of hotels with street side restaurants so it would be possible to arrange a meet at short notice and or a hotel room if that is the preferred location.  
Albert Car rental,There are several car rental places for Albert to scope out, with a range of cars prices ranging from £40 for a little mini type, up to £250 for a Mercedes 4WD
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Keeper,Albert will get large 4x4 that is big enough for all us to get into (maybe a bit of a squeeze). He will pay the deposit with cash and they can take a card imprint for the damage/excess cover - this means the card is not actually charged/used. When we return the car the card imprint is destroyed and we can pay the balance with cash.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds like a good plan," says Liz. "I hope all this super secret spy stuff isn't needed, but it's best to take precautions."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"Well it's best to hope for the best but prepare for the worst." Andy says to Liz "Now, if this guy is on the level you'll need to gauge when to let him know you're not on your own... we don't want to spring a surprise on him, nothing wrong with being cautious but we don't wan to alienate him either. The last thing we need is to make another 'enemy', so use your judgement.. he might know quite a bit about Gossham's research and theories."

"Righto... let's start to make our sweeps and try and get a feel for what's 'normal' out there... good luck everyone."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

It is early evening by the time Alex Avlonyali walks into the restaurant foyer of the hotel Lido, he quickly clocks Jacob and Liz and walks over to their table with a smile, taking off his expensive looking bikers jacket and draping it over the back of a chair.

Outside the watchers report he arrived in a Toyota Land Cruiser which is parked up just outside the hotel. Nobody else observed.
OOC:   Alex is reasonably well built,square jawed and dark hair with a smattering of grey, indicating he's probably older than he looks, he has a warm smile which looks to both Liz and Jacob to be entirely genuine - think Altin Lala, the footballer with more grey and a touch more weight.  
Hotel Lido,Situated in the centre of town, but sitting on one of the main drags out of town and just short of a crossroads. There is access to the rear of the hotel and a loading bay. The hotel front and access to the rear are observable from across the street from any number of street cafes makes having a roving team unnecessary, but does mean the outside team have to sit separately to properly cover both approaches.
Whose where?,With the exception of Greg who volunteers to sit in one of the cafes outside to watch the hotel,who is where? Jacob and Liz inside at the table. Andy? Clay?, Albert?
Last edited by ghill on Mon May 04, 2015 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tidied up.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Do you want any rolls, to see if we've 'spotted' anything prior to Alex's arrival.
The outside 'team' would expect the inside watching team to text/call them that Alex had arrived  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   You are to damn quick I was Just ammending the prior post  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   :) sowwy Boss

I guess Albert is with the hire car.

Andy will be at a cafe (hopefully sitting outside) on the opposite side from the hotel (or with a good vantage point).

Clay and Andrew are inside, unless they want to change things?  
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   Albert be wait in the hire car (another Toyota Landcruiser (they sit 6 comfortably)), parked close to the hotel on a main/wide thoroughfare  

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay is sitting a few tables away, reading a paper, his eyes on Liz and Jacob, but also so he can see all the exits as well.
ooc,sorry for the disappearing act, back now
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz, who wears a light sundress with flower designs, smiles back at Alex. "Good evening, Mr. Avionyall," she says. "Please, have a seat. I'm Chloe O'Brian."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob, now in a foreign country and far from the UK is not afraid to dress like before - a suit and a yarmulke. "Thanks you for meeting us" Jacob says and shakes Alex hand warmly with a smile.
He motions for a waiter to come to the table and orders a reasonable kosher plate - salad and wine and waits for the others to talk.
For the first minutes Jacob asks about the weather and how beautiful Albania seems like and how he can't wait to see more of the country.
When everyone feels comfortable

"How much are you familiar with the dear, may he rest in peace, professor Gosham?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

I worked for il professore on and off for the last 8 years. Nearly every time he comes to Albania, I think. He always send cards at Christmas, always brings something for my wife and children.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Are you familiar with the research he had been doing?" asks Liz.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

He studies the Verbetoi, their folklore, this does not mean he treats them lightly I tell him often the Verbetoi they have a great many connections with the criminal gangs. Alex pauses for a moment clearly reminiscing. I enjoyed working for il professore, he was not a demanding boss, always interesting to work from and il professore’ was always good company you know very funny...a good friend. If there is some question about how il professore died then I'll help.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

We are not sure yet, it is a matter of the police in the UK but we suspect that he died because he unearthed great secrets and someone. maybe the Verbetoi were angry.
Jacob replies quietly.
We think that you and MAria and anyone who worked with the professor can be in danger so better keep your profile low. Can you tell us more on what you found, where are the dig sites.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Previously said:   We think that you and Maria and anyone who worked with the professor can be in danger so better keep your profile low. Can you tell us more on what you found, where are the dig sites.  
I don't know why they would be interested in me, I have nothing they would be interested in. You mean what the il professore found, I find nothing I drive il professore around, I arrange accomodation. I am translator, I make sure he has proper authorities...um permits, we visit places we interview people he takes photos of things, we don't go to dig sites unless we are with Miss Demarchi, it is her job, she is responsible for all archaeology in Albania.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”