CH2-10 Back to the UK.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH2-10 Back to the UK.

Post by ghill »

A cheap Ryanair flight to Luton (UK) followed by a short cash paid taxi takes the group to an Ibis Hotel on the outskirts of London. No alarms seem to have been raised at passport control nor when the rooms are booked using one of the credit cards.

"OK" says Greg when the group refreshed from the journey get together. "What now?"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: CH-2-10 Back to the UK.

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   How much time has elapsed from our fleeing the scene at Mather's house?

We holed up in the safe house, then to Malta and back.  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Twelve to Thirteen days I think. You were holed up for a week in the safe house followed by several days creating fake ID's. Then Malta and a further Four days after the visit to Westerlund's villa and finding the "planted evidence" enough time to read the thesis on a device rather than hard copy.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob ponders about the idea, he is to nervous to fly back to the UK and he thought of visiting a family in Israel but the security in the Israeli airport is something you do not want to mess with when you have a forged passport. But being in Albania all by himself is also troubling so he decides to take the risk and fly back with his comrades and keep low profile.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, there are two avenues of investigation we need to pursue," says Liz, glad to be back home. "We need to meet Westerlund in person. We could try the approach I suggested earlier, where Andy uses his journalist credentials, with Albert as his photographer and me as his intern. We also need to find out more about the Kush nderton charity, that law firm, and the trustees."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"So you three arrange to see Westerlund. Meanwhile, Jacob our legal eagle, along with Clay and myself go see what we can find out about these others?" says Greg. "if thats OK with you guys" he says turning towards Clay and Jacob?
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sounds like a plan says Albert

I want to get down to Brichester and drop into the local cop-shop to report my car stolen.

Tell 'em I've just got back from a walking holiday on the moors, when I got back my car was missing.

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Two weeks seems a long time to be completely out of contact, I mean its not like this island is very big? Wont they want some evidence or some witnesses, to back up your story?" says Greg.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

The moors are pretty big place and it's easy be solitary out there and not see anyone - that's the attraction! A man, a tent and a camping stove.

It's nice to get away from it all - no phones, no tv, no radio - just me and nature.

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob,[b]Law[/b] roll please. Success or not Jacob feels It might be worth finding out just how the police are viewing Jacob and Albert before he goes to see the police.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay had napped on the flight back, he's starting to reasses where his choices have led him. Thoughts of just dumping this group of nerds and heading back to his gang run through his head, but for some odd reason, he still feels a bit responsible for them. And Liz had actually saved his life, so he decided to stick with it.

"Maybe we should get a safe house first, so we all know where to fall back to if things go bad?" Clay adds, "yea Greg, sounds good to me."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good thinking," says Liz. "Maybe we should get some weapons too, just in case we run into those firebugs again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Law roll (1d100=54)

Not sure that is a good plan Albert. keep the law profile. Don't go to the police, let them search you.
He turns to Greg and says.
Yes, I will join you to investigate the law firm.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay,If Liz is looking at Clay to provide weapons, its going to be a problem. Clay called in all his markers sorting out the safe house and he is up to his neck in[u] 'debt'* [/u]he can probably get weapons but its going to be risky and costly. *debt in this case is not entirely financial, but can certainly be cleared up with cash. Albert for example can clearly provide 'currency' with cloned cards and forged documents but that would take several days.
"I could sort out a safe house or houses" says Greg "like I did in Malta"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Sorry - I'd missed G's post pointing to this thread.  
OOC:   Things do do:

Overarching Objective: Workout how the Verbetoi knew who to target. *
  • Pin down date of the fire at Gossham's cottage - what was it's purpose? (destroying work or attempt on AG's life or both?)
  • 'Secure' the artefacts/papers that were put into 'storage' after the fire.
  • Determine who MB really is and their motive* (may involve checking the charity Kush nderton (Who builds (translated from Albanian) )
  • 'Interview' Westerlund, see what he knows
  • ditto with Shauna Wilcox (maybe)
  • Looking into 'Kush nderton' may mean investigating 'Reddrup & Vosper'

*The Verbetoi were either told who to target or knew of the targets from intercepting/reading Gossham's emails (or by reading Maria Demachi's emails. Shauna Wilcox probably knew who had copies of the papers, Maria Demachi knew as well. MB had a copy of the paper... if MB is dead then they're not responsible for the 'leak' but we don't know who they are. If MB is from Kush nderton then it's possible anyone in that organisation could be the leak (check their receptionist for a tatoo of a stylised horse :lol: )  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"We need to try and 'smoke' out the mole that fed information on who to target, to the Verbetoi. I think we have a couple of avenue's to approach there." he turns to Liz "Is it possible to back-track an email and could you do it?" he asks. "I'm not doubting your skills, I just don't know much about that side of things and I've got an idea of how we may be able to trace the Mysterious Businessman that Gossham was in contact with."*

"Albert, you did wonders with those fake papers... can you do the same for 'press credentials'? I don't mind interviewing Westerlund but not using my own creds, not till we know if he's involved. I think that goes for anyone... if we're going to investigate this then we need to start getting sneaky one slip and we're going to regret it..."

OOC:   *Basically the plan would be to set-up a website (wordpress/eblogger) and publish some of Gossham's thesis/paper - then email the MB (from a new email a/c) 'ohh look what we found.. blah blah excerpt of thesis/paper ... more online <click here>' We ought to have access to the log-files of the site - we can see who visits and do the same from any email received back. These details won't tell us much but we might get a general location. We might be able to engineer a 'sting' (maybe ransom the papers). Too complex?  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay shuffles about, "I don't think weapons are in the cards. I've tapped out my cred and already owe a lot a markers, more than I like."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, if it comes to a fight, I'll have to fall back on my skills at running and screaming," says Liz. "I've never tried to trace an email before, but I might be able to do it. Whoever sent it might have covered his tracks, of course. Using a Hotmail account's a good indicator of that. I suspect that the mysterious businessman or someone else at the charity is the one who tipped off the Verbetoi, as he had access to at least the first draft of the thesis and isn't dead yet as far as we know. Since we're not using our real names with Westerlund, it's time for me to start being Chloe O'Brian. I also have an in with Shauna Wilcox if we want to ask her some followup questions, but she already knows me by my right name."
OOC,That's a good plan. I can set up the site and write the code to gather information about anyone who visits it. I might even be able to craft some spyware that would infect the browser's computer to do some additional snooping. The sting sounds risky, however.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Setting up the site and (and covering her arse so to speak while she does so) as well as writing code to harvest visitor details for about anyone who visits it - will take Liz about a day and a half - it doesn't really require a computer roll, its a fairly mundane task without any time pressures. Crafting some spyware to infect the browser's computer to do some additional snooping does require a Computer Use roll  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sounds good to me. Should I make the roll now?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Watch the World Burn”