CH2-09 Malta - everyone together.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH2-9 Malta - everyone together.

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Gosshamm told whoever was behind the hotmail account about his thesis first and sent an early draft," says Liz. "We've got to find out who that is. We know he's male, and that he's been funding the research and also donating time and effort, so he's prolly associated with the charity, and Gosshamm says he has business interests. I could try to hack into the account and see if I can find out more. We might be able to search through local online news to find out when the fire happened."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay goes through all the notes trying to understand the Cliff Notes version. "Wow, this is even more complicated than I thought. Ok, looking at the things to do, it seems getting the complete paper would be the most important. And thats in Albania, right?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Very good
Jacob says plainly as he goes over the excel file.
Travelling to the UK and then to Albania is very expensive. Do you have the money for that ? Can't we seal the UK end with a phone call or chat through the web ?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Didn't we buy round trip tickets to Malta?" asks Liz. "If so, we can just use the returns. And we can use those other credit cards to buy tickets as needed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Greg looks at his ticket "mine says return, I'm good either way as no one is looking for me."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg downs the last of his drink. Well shall we take a vote on it? Who is for heading back to England and who is up for heading out to Albania?
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well the cops aren't looking for me back home, I'll go to either." Clay says
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm for going back to Blighty," says Liz. "There are still some loose ends there that we should investigate before we go poking about in the lion's den."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I can't risk getting home to the UK ... I will head straight to Albania to preapre the grond for your arrival.
Jacob says.
Andy, Albert, what about you two ?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Yeah, I'd rather not head back to the UK just yet - seeing as the filth want to speak with me.

And I think you're right, I'm not sure we have enough to go on to do much ground work in Albania - other than trying to contact Maria - and that may just bring unwanted attention to her or us, maybe play our hand too soon?

Personally I think we should all be in the same country, whether that is the UK or Albania - I don't fancy being on enemy territory without my muscle with me
Albert smiles and nods towards to Clay

For me personally, either option is potentially difficult or dangerous.

I'm happy to go with flow here but I think we should stick together.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg straightens up in his seat "I think I'M pretty safe in the UK, nobody even blinked when we showed them Albert's passports., What do you think Andy? I mean you're the man whose done all the work"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Nobody in the UK should be looking for me either," says Liz.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"I don't think we should split up; I don't think we need to worry too much about the police in the UK, it's not like there's an 'all-points bulletin' out for anyone." he looks around at the others. "We're going to have to go to Albania but I think we need to deal with any loose ends back in 'blighty' first.

"My vote would be to head back to England.."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   As its been mentioned earlier, Jacob reminds everyone he knows Redrupp and Vosper by reputation. The offices of Redrupp and Vosper advertise themselves as experts in company and commercial law, as well as advising high net worth individuals on their personal and financial affairs. Basically, if you want to hide your piles of cash from the Inland Revenue they're your man. By reputation R&V are known to be highly litigious taking people to court if there is even the slightest hint, they or one of their clients has been involved in wrongdoing.  
"So" says Greg "We have two votes for returning to England, Liz and Andy. One vote for Albania, Jacob. Two votes either way myself and Albert. Although, Albert is wary about returning to the UK when he's wanted for questioning by the police. I on the other hand feel we should probably follow Andy's lead in this one simply because he's done all the research. So Clay I reckon that makes yours the deciding vote? Greg pauses for a moment, then looks at Jacob. "Jacob, if we all decide to go to the UK, you're not going to go off to Albania on your own are you?"
Last edited by ghill on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: emboldened names
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   I think we all need to stick together, for the sake of the story - even if it might be more realistic to be worried about going back for some characters. Even if this were rl I don't think the chances would be all that high that the Police would be monitoring borders to detain them. I'm sure our esteemed Keeper could be prevailed upon to be somewhat lenient in this case.... of course should we be arrested for any further actions then the characters would be identified as being 'persons of interest'. Even then, I don't think they'd be detained for very long.. after all they're witnesses nor suspects - a good brief would have 'em out of custody 'toot suite'.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   To be clear Jacob and Albert are both wanted because their cars were found outside Mather's house, an interview would be awkward, but not necessarily damning.  
OOC:   I'd like to move things along. I've created two new threads Blighty and Albania. Just head over to whichever thread you wish to follow. NB If you find yourself alone in Albania, you may wish to reassess your life choices ;)  
back to the UK

Forge onto Albania

Return to “Watch the World Burn”