CH2-09 Malta - everyone together.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH2-9 Malta - everyone together.

Post by ghill »

Taking a circuitous route back to the Hotel/Hostel Andy and Claim are confident they're not followed.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Found anything else in the house ?
Jacob asks both as they arrive. Jacob had the time to pray while everyone was outside, something he missed for some time due to the situation.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Take it as read that Andy (and Clay) update everyone.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I don't understand ... someone else came before us or after we left and then the police came ?
Jacob is puzzled.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Nah, Jake, the guy said the filth were tipped off. They were supposed to go in and find the bag of goodies that we found and then come down heavy Gossham. We were lucky we got in and out before they showed up
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

So they were after the bag we found and now they will be after us.
Jacob says
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You mean Westerlund," says Liz, not even looking up from the papers she's reading. While the thesis has captured her attention, she is still capable of multitasking. "I don't think the police know about us. The Verbetoi do, but they were after us before anyway. I can't imagine they'll want us any more dead than they already do."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Yeah, sorry, Westerlund. Albert says

No Jake I don't think the baddies, the verbetoi, want the bag, they planted it so that they could get Westerlund out of the way.

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

But why? I thought Westerlund hid what he found in the dig site it in the air vent so the police and the verbetoi won't find it.
Jacob replies
He wasn't able to take it with him because of the trial against him in Malta. If the Verbetoi are looking for the figures I wonder what's so unique about them? figures of a ritual maybe?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, that's just what they wanted everyone to think," says Liz. "Westerlund never stole a thing. The Verbetoi wanted the digs shut down, so they framed him. They planted those objects in the vent and tipped off the police in the hopes they'd go in and find them. The items themselves aren't even significant, and they're not the sort of things that went missing from the dig site."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

So ... let's buy some shovels and continue the digging ... maybe we need to find something familiar to the Maltese fragments, probably there are more.
Jacob says.
Once we befriend with Westerlund, we can ask him to tell us where to dig.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're not archaeologists," says Liz. "We don't know how to dig without damaging what we're looking for, and we don't even know what we're looking for yet. I'm sure the thesis will tell us more, but it'll take me a couple of days to get through it. And I don't think it's such a good idea to tell Westerlund we intend to keep digging in the closed sites. He's in enough trouble already as it is. The best we could do would be to get the sites officially reopened, but the digs will take time even if we somehow manage that."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"I agree with Liz" says Greg "Why the hell would Westerlund want anything to do with us? I wouldn't go near us and our 'crazy stories' On top of which I cant waste time while we dig, At some point the hospital administrator is going to fire my ass for taking all this unpaid leave"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"I guess its a good thing I don't have a job," Clay chimes in. "Personally I think we've reached a dead end here in Malta. We need a pro Acheologist if we plan to do anything more here." He pauses for a second, then, "Unless we can hire some local guy. We don't have to tell him everything, just enough to help us find what we need. I mean there are tons of digs going on. I bet some Grad Student could use some extra change to help us in the evenings"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No professional archaelogist is going to illegally dig at a closed site," says Liz. "When we get to Albania, we can look up Maria Dimachi, but she can't help us here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well I've heard archeologists get paid for crap, so you'd be surprised what people will do if you wave enough in front of them. Of course we don't have that kind of money." Clay laughs.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Guys, does anyone have any plans - fly home, fly to Albania, search other digs etc or can we just assume you kill time while Liz and Andy(?) read the Thesis and I can fast forward.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   We've got 2 laptops (maybe more) and one printout of the thesis... Liz and Andy are Reading... who else - we need as many eyes on this as poss..  
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert cracks open a beer and takes a quick swig

I think we should be heading to Albania, I think Malta is a bit of a dead end - other than the fact we've learned they want Westerlund out of the way and they can be a bit more subtle in how they achieve their goals. They can use other methods instead of muscle and firepower.

How about I investigate the best way to get to Albania from here and we go and visit this Maria character? I doubt there will be daily flights or ferries so depending on schedules, we'll have a day or two to study the manuscript.

Let's buy a cheap ink-jet printer and a couple of reams of paper and we can all study the manuscript - the more eyes we have on it the more chance we have noticing something.

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

"That's a good idea Albert although I don't think we should rush into getting to Albania... I know that Gossham had finished with Malta and his next destination was Albania but he had a theory.... whatever he knew... he knew it led there, we're still playing 'catch up' we don't have any workable theories about what's going on... we know it's dangerous and we're still stumbling about." he shrugs, looking at everyone "No offence... I'm not trying to demean what you.. what we've done so far. We desperately need to understand what's going on... we need to know what Gossham was onto and how that fits into the Verbetoi"

"Does anyone else find this whole thing a bit..." he shrugs again "These gangsters... they don't go killing people, or framing them for a whim, they are criminals... ruthless but they always do things for a reason and somehow I find it difficult to believe that they're doing this to cover up something that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. I can see that Gossham discovering that writing and sophisticated tool use was around years before anyone thought would 'put the cat amongst the pigeons' in the academic world but why would that bother a criminal gang? So, what's the more mundane reason behind all this? Why would a gang of ruthless criminals kill to stop anyone looking into this?"

"Let's take a few days to go through Gossham's paper, we may not understand things from that but it should give us enough information to start asking the right questions after that we may want to do some more poking about here or more probably.. contact Westerlund and Maria. Contacting her may be dangerous.. but she's probably the only other person that knows exactly what Gossham was involved with. he pauses and you get the impression that he had left the word 'alive' out of that sentence.

"Contacting Maria will probably be dangerous, maybe more-so for her. Perhaps the Verbatoi are unaware of her involvement, perhaps she's the last 'loose end'. One things for sure... Albania is their home turf and we don't know what's at the core of this conspiracy.. going there is going to be extremely dangerous.

"Let's study Gossham's paper that ought to give us somewhere to start, we can then follow up with Westerlund and try and contact Maria Demachi by email or phone.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”