CH2-07 Arrival Malta

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH2-7 Arrival Malta

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I'm no Indiana Jones," says Liz, "but I don't think there's anything more we can learn here. They must have found the fragments at one of the other two digs on Gozo. We might have better luck there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay looks a little closer.
ghill,does the ground looked like it hasn't been dug at all, or dug and sifted or dug and reburied. Here is a spot hidden just in case. [dice]0[/dice]
Not seeing anything worthwhile Clay asks, "How far to the next site? Or do you want to try and dig some?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

We don't know what we're doing, I don't think we should start digging - all the tv I've seen of archeology digs they use brushes and small tools. We more likely to destroy anything we're looking for and leave a great big calling card that someones been fucking with the site - best leave as little trace of our presence as possible

Albert stands thoughtfully for a while You know what might be a good idea - we set up a hidden camera that's triggered by a motion sensor. We can come back and check the memory card every couple of days - see if anybody else is snooping around here
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy tries not to look disappointed or 'over his head' looking at the site. He's a little relieved that the others don't seem to know much more than he does. "I don't think we'll be around for long enough to traipse back here and retrieve a camera, will we?" he asks, pondering Albert's idea.

"Mind you, getting some shots might help if we haver to compare anything with the other sites..." with that he pulls out his digital-camera and motions the others to move out of the frame as he takes pictures.. "Keep back.. I don't want anyone in the pictures, less incriminating... " he grins and snaps away.

"Is there anything specific that I ought to get a close up of? he asks the group.

As he moves around the site and takes the snaps he ponders their situation... they've trespassed onto the site and for very little reward, they've not made any discoveries to help them.. but he has a nagging feeling that they've been too lax in their approach.. Fir enough he didn't expect Fort Knox .. but someone wanted this place and the others left alone...

"Albert.... your camera idea... where would you set one up?" he asks, scanning the site as he asks.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"What do you mean?" asked Clay. "Aren't we looking for pottery? I mean I've dug a few holes in my day, how damn hard can it be?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

If we want to find anything that might be buried here we should buy spades and filters for the dirt unless what we look for is not little fragments but a base of a structure.
Jacob says, having no clue in the topic.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's funny, but I was looking around for cameras and motion sensors when we first got here," says Liz. "I don't know where we'd even acquire a motion sensor on Malta. We'd better not do any digging here if we don't know what we're doing, and they couldn't have found the fragments at this site. They'd barely started from the looks of it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

I agree, the site looks barely started upon - but I'm no archeologist, I only know what I've seen on TimeTeam and the Discovery channel.

With regard to motion sensors - that's not a problem, if we can't get dedicated units from a camera shop, which I admit we'll be lucky out here, we can use passive infra-red aka PIR detectors - we'll be able to pick those up from any DIY type store, they're just a standard unit in DIY home security systems. They're easy enough to hook up to the remote trigger of a camera.

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"I wasn't asking because I thought we might place one.. but in case anyone else has... our 'enemies' have got these site closed down, they'd want to see if anyone came snooping around... wouldn't they?" he looks around... worried at how isolated they are.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Goo thinking, let's have a scout around and see if we can find anything? We can look through the memeory cards and delete any that may have us on them

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"no digging, got it." Clay walks around looking for anything that might pass as a hidden camera.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Half an hour of thorough looking later and Albert at least is convinced there is no type of camera or any other security device here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think we're going to find anything of interest here," says Liz. "Let's go before someone else who isn't supposed to be here finds us here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Yea, lets move to the next site. It's not supposed to be far from here is it?" Clay asks.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The two cars make their way through the twisty country roads back into Valetta and the Sa Maison ferry terminal. At Sa Maison it is only a short wait in the June sun before driving onto the ferry to Gozo. The Ferry journey is only 45 minutes and shortly after 1400 both cars are parked up outside a harbour-side cafe.

There are two sites on Gozo, the first just north of the village of Ta' Ghammar. the second on the coast on the south west corner. Neither is more than about 15 minutes from the harbour (Gozo really isn't very big)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's check the one north of the village first," suggests Liz. "It's a bit closer to civilisation, not that you can get all that far from it on an island this size."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay nods in agreement, "Sounds like a plan, lets head out. But if we are expecting others might be visiting them also, may I suggest we park a quarter mile away and approach with a bit more stealth this time."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Looking at a map shows the site is approximately 200m from the nearest road. The maps also indicates the site is accessible by foot only. Its not possible to see the site on a drive by as its hidden within an ancient Almond grove. There is a battered Renault parked at the head of the path which leads to the site. Apart from a very similar looking sign there doesn't seem to be any visible security.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy stretches and looks around as the gets out of the car.

"If that thing..." Andy indicates the Renault at the head of the path, "hasn't been dumped then there may be someone 'guarding' this site. We'd best take it slow and careful." Andy moves across to the other car to see if he can get an idea of how long it has been there.

"Might be a good idea for someone to stay with the car(*), they can 'honk the horn' if anyone comes by. he mimics hitting the centre of a steering wheel "and also we might need to beat a hasty retreat..." he looks pointedly at Albert "Is that leg up to a hundred yard dash mate?" he asks, concerned about having to get back to their hire car in a hurry.

OOC:   * car or cars... have we one or two?
Andy will look for obvious signs that the car has been parked and not dumped.... tyres still inflated.. occupied (for instance!)... tracks leading away from it...
Andy Wade Spot Hidden 35 / Track 10,[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Cars plural (2): Andy can't see anything obvious, but the vehicle looks parked rather than just left.  

Return to “Watch the World Burn”