CH2-07 Arrival Malta

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: CH2-7 Arrival Malta

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay comes out of his hiding spot. "I didn't catch everything, but did he say something about a 3rd dig location on this island?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, you heard right," says Liz. "I got a tour of this site and took some pictures, but they didn't come out the best. Albert would be better at it than I am." She tells Clay (and the others when they come out) what she saw and what Matthias Balbi told her, and she shares the directions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert

Nice work Liz. Give me a few moments and I'll take some more pictures.

We know this Matthias chap is going to the public site - why don't we get over to our other site asap whilst he's away.

Liz, you could go over to the public site and maybe try and delay Matthias if he finishes up there too soon? Buy us a bit of time.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"Wasn't that research about some kind of proto-writing or language?" Andy muses.. and Andy follows Albert deeper into the almond grove.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"One or 2 of us should go with Liz to the site to meet this Methias guy. I wonder if its a trap? We had a list of dig sites and there were only the 3. Now all the sudden there is a fourth after Liz mentions the frangmants? I don't trust this guy." Clay adds.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

OOC:   The list Liz obtained was only the Brichester University dig site, there are hundreds of sites of archaeological interest on the Maltese islands, there are also other current digs. NB: Mathias gave no indication the site was anything to do with the Brichester digs, in fact he mentioned it was a public site of which you have seen several already when driving around the islands. Its good to be paranoid, but ...  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Thats what I get for running too much Paranoia. And I still don't trust him. ;)  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There were what looked like chicken scratches on one of the stones," Liz calls after Albert. "That could be writing. Be sure to get a good shot of that one." Liz then turns back to look at Clay. "I think if he was going to try anything, he'd have already done it when he thought I was alone with him. Anyway, I told him I'm texting my friends and that they're going to join me there, so I could go on ahead and let him know that you're either on your way or will take a bit getting there, depending on how we want to play this. Perhaps two of you can get dropped off at the third site nearby while the others catch up with me later. I never said how many friends I have, just that there's more than one."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

So there are public sites and non public sites. The two we wanted to search are sites not open to the public, thus, sites that were barely touched and are in some state of digging. There could be evidence around them that the archaeological party didn't excavated yet.
Jacob says
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Its worth noting that all the Brichester Uni sites were 'closed' at short notice due to allegations of antiquity theft. None of the sites were as far as you know completed and therefore open to the public. You would not expect the public to wander around a dig site in progress, without some precautions to prevent accidental damage. OTOH neither of the two sites seem to be on public land, which would also determine whether they were open to the public.  
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert reappears from the dig site

Ok, I've shot everything down there and got some good close-ups of those marks you mentioned Liz.

So what's the plan? Who's heading where. I'm happy to head to the other closed site and put my photography to good use again but I'm also just as happy to go to the public site and do the tourist thing with the lovely Liz and put my photography skills to good use again
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Ok, we should probably get moving then." Clay says. "I'll go with Liz, I don't trust this guy."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OK so to confirm CAR 1 - Clay, LIz goes to meet Methias. CAR 2 - Albert, Andy, Jacob go to the third Brichester University dig site.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"Remember to be on the look out for trouble.... also try to find any differences in the sites, it stands to reason that 'our friends' are interested in them for some reason - maybe something will stand out." Andy says to everyone just before he gets into the car.
'The real conundrum is what does a bunch of violent gangsters have to do with ancient peoples and archaeological sites... I can't fathom a link to smuggling thinking:   maybe it's the locations that are sensitive to them... better look at a map later on..."  
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob drives to the next site
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy, Jacob and Albert drive off in this direction

Liz and Clay drive off in this direction

Return to “Watch the World Burn”