CH2-5 Reunions

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH2-5 Reunions

Post by ghill »

Albania,Just a reminder, but while Gossham might have been intent on returning to Albania, Liz saw a ticket stub for a British Airways economy class flight to Tirana Albania in his office which would indicate he flew out there about a month ago, just over a week before he was killed.
Last edited by ghill on Tue May 13, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot you'd all spent a week recuperating.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy tucks into his 'fry-up' as Liz brings him up to speed.

"Maria Demachi I've come across that name in the research I carried out, she heads up the Albanian Archaeology Rescue team. If she's involved then whatever it is that they discovered could already be concreted over.. I wonder if there's a simple way to obtain a list of large building projects in Albania; that might help pin down what her involvement might be. Do you think this Demachi is a target too.. or perhaps she's involved with the Verbetoi in some other way? The police are pointing the finger at 'drugs' citing Gosshamm's frequent trips to Albania... all roads seem to lead to Tirana as they say.. " he smiles wryly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Professor Gosshamm had been to Tirana before, about a month ago," says Liz. "I saw a ticket stub from his flight when I was in his office talking to his aide Shauna Wilcox and helping her sort through his things. I think Maria Demachi could very well be in danger, and she's in the Verbetoi's home turf. As for construction projects in Albania, I can see what I can find online, and I can also do a search on her to see what else I can turn up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy ponders what Liz says "I agree, finding out more information on Ms Demachi would be a prudent thing to do, at the very least we should attempt to warm her. Mind you she's probably aware of the murders, unless she is in a remote location." Pausing to mop up some egg-yolk with a piece of fried slice before continuing "That is if she needs warning... if these Verbetoi wanted to 'silence' this group wouldn't you start on your home turf? There's the possibility that she is in cahoots with them..." he shrugs, indicating that there's not a lot they can do about any speculation.

Andy eats some more... casting his eye around the dining area.. "Are the others up to an overseas trip?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay is trying to get all this straight in his head, "this is a lot to take in. But I'm thinking once we go to Albania we won't be going to Malta. Could be a clue there to all this we might need? I'm up for whatever you guys want, I just hate to miss something thats important." Then he goes back to finishing off his eggs.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think the others would like to get out of the country even more than we do," says Liz between bites of her syrup-drenched pancakes. "Albert had sent Maria Demachi an email warning her of the danger before we went to the house. From the emails between her and Gosshamm it sounds like they were close, so it's hard to imagine she'd have betrayed him, but I suppose we can't rule it out. And you're right, they may have already dealt with her, but I'm hoping she's all right. I think we should go to Malta first and see what we can find out. Once we go to Albania, there's no going back until it's all over."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"Did Albert get any kind of response from her and would there be any way to track back to him form that message?"

OOC:   Is the consensus that we move on to Wales poke about there for a bit?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Going to Wales:,Andy's impression of the murder scene (as shown on TV news) was of a very thorough investigation. From his experience of working stories of the 'crime beat' he would be surprised if there is anything left at the cottage in Wales of any value to the investigation. The police will have taken everything which might be pertinent. As they say the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they do grind exceedingly fine.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know if he did or not," says Liz, "We couldn't exactly get online where we were for the last week, at least not without risking being tracked. But he sent it before all this broke loose. I'm sure it could be traced back to him, especially since he wasn't trying to hide who he was at the time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

"We should get Albert to check his emails pretty soon then. In the mean time we ought to make our travel arrangements; it's probably not worth going to Wales.. poking about will only draw attention to our selves.. instead I can ask my editor to get any information, that wouldn't raise too many eyebrows."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   A quick phone call to Albert confirms he hasn't had a response from Maria. He does however mention a community support officer came around the house looking for him, luckily he is only house sitting for a friend so there is no direct tie up and the CSO didn't recognise him (or have a picture)  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds good to me," says Liz. "We can book a flight to Malta and pack our things. The sooner we leave the better. I'm not worried about the authoriies near as much as I am about the Verbetoi."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

I'll start a Going to Malta thread here.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”